Man Outisde Kamala Harris' Residence Arrested with Rifle and Ammo.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
So there are some interesting omissions in the OP article. While the guy himself was arrested outside the observatory, according to this the gun, ammo, and mag(s) were indeed inside his car. That he was not in. Because it was several miles away in a parking garage. That he had to lead them to.

I'm thinking that some people might be enhancing the truth by omission here.
They're definitely implying a bit of a false story with the information presented, but I also don't think the truth is going to be much better. If the police in DC were following a tip from the police in Texas, this guy almost certainly had stated plans justifying detainment that led them to the Naval Observatory, and breaking firearms laws was just a more concrete reason to keep him arrested.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
So I looked it up and half right, half wrong:
2011 a dude pulled into a parking lot some 800m from White House with a semi-automatic rifle and opened fire. Managed to hit the upper floor near the oval office at least 7 times. Secret Service thought they were rapid backfires from a construction site and it took them 4 days to realize there were bullet holes in the White House. And one of the Obama daughters and her grandmother were in the building at the time and apparently when First Lady Michelle Obama learned of it she tore into the Secret Service.
There were a few times the Secret Service really dropped the ball during Obama's reign. I don't know if it was anything to do with him, or just that it was job to stop him being killed, and since he's not dead, they might have thought they are doing a good job. Until you get the problem, hard to tell how good you are at dealing with them.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
There were a few times the Secret Service really dropped the ball during Obama's reign. I don't know if it was anything to do with him, or just that it was job to stop him being killed, and since he's not dead, they might have thought they are doing a good job. Until you get the problem, hard to tell how good you are at dealing with them.
I think part of it must be not an arrogance, but an assumption no one would have a audacity to actually just roll up and open fire on the White House. Especially considering, darkly at least, their job is ultimately to protect the President. His family is a priority but if they had to choose between one or the other, we know which they choose. And in keeping with that the A team is with the President, the B team with the VP, and some other letter team is just patrolling the grounds when only the president's daughter's team is on site.
And they're like "Who the fuck would just shoot at the building when there are no targets inside?"

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Being a troll for the greater good!
Strange idea you have there. Wonder where it came from because it's not something I've said. Pretty sure I've often mocked the idea of "The Greater Good" rather often while wasn't it you or at least people on your side who believe

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
if there was any evidence on this dudes social media it would be getting shouted from the rooftops by now by people whose idea of unity is joining hands with the person next to them as they shoot anyone not agreeing with them

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
The Secret Service agents are not the beginning and end of the presidential protection. All good security is multilayered and contains both active and passive barriers. The agents themselves are active and reactive barriers but the White House itself is also a passive one. Fences, secure doors, cameras and undoubtedly bullet resistant glass and other reinforcements to the structure also play a part. It’s still a bit shameful it took them three days to notice bullets being shot at the building mind you, but even if they’d noticed on the day I suspect the threat would be academic rather than actual.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Are you really trying to play the "it's the liberals killing people who disagree with them" angle?
No I'm playing the "Hard Left" wing people with nothing better to do will be scouring every inch of any social media profile he has or had to find anything to prove their biases right that he was totally a republican because otherwise all their claims about him being one will look false and they'll once again have egg on their faces.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
No I'm playing the "Hard Left" wing people with nothing better to do will be scouring every inch of any social media profile he has or had to find anything to prove their biases right that he was totally a republican because otherwise all their claims about him being one will look false and they'll once again have egg on their faces.
Being he was a fundamentalist christian extremist, he was most likely republican if he identified with any political party at all.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
The religious extremist part. They don't tend to be democrats.
eta... By which I mean the white protestant evangelical ones....
*Looks in the Biden stairs thread*
I dunno pretty sure both sides are now getting their share.......

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
based on?
His social media in which he talked all about his love of God and guns and how he was a born-again Baptist who thought that even masturbation was a sin. People like that have a tendency to lean rightward. I linked this to you already, bro. Twice. You have no excuse to continue pretending you know literally fucking nothing.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Because angry people on the internet are pretty determined to find out if a criminal is points for or against their team, and media sites are plenty willing to publicize when they find a Republican.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
His social media in which he talked all about his love of God and guns and how he was a born-again Baptist who thought that even masturbation was a sin. People like that have a tendency to lean rightward. I linked this to you already, bro. Twice. You have no excuse to continue pretending you know literally fucking nothing.
This is the Kamala Harris thread. Not the Spa shooting thread.

Want to try this again?

Reactions: tstorm823