Man Steals 100 Copies of Modern Warfare 2

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Man Steals 100 Copies of Modern Warfare 2

Using only words as weapons, a Pennsylvania man managed to rip off nearly $7000 worth of merchandise from a GameStop.

On Tuesday, a man walked into a Meadville, PA GameStop and told the clerks that he had a friend outside who would shoot them if they called the police. The clerks apparently believed him. The thief proceeded to take 100 copies of Modern Warfare 2, as well as a few items from behind the counter, and walk out of the store. The total value of the merchandise pilfered was $6900. Police have yet to apprehend the wily crook, and would welcome any leads.

Several things pop to mind regarding this story. First: Wow. Second: What the? And finally: Really?

That feat takes some cajones, thief guy. What, did you roll a natural 20 on your Bluff check? Impressive.

Wait, 100 copies? How did you walk out of the store carrying that many boxes of MW2? Did you have the foresight to bring a fricking dolly?

The GameStop employees probably did the smart thing by erring on the side of caution, but come on. You're really just going to let a guy rob you because he says his friend outside has a gun? Really?

Really?

Source: WPXI [http://www.wpxi.com/news/21604730/detail.html]

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
If I got paid as much as he probably does, it wouldn't be enough for me to go up against a guy who doesn't exit wielding an imaginary gun.

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
That certainly does take some balls.

Or a lot of desperation. He must have really wanted to play MW2.

Xvito

Aug 16, 2008
I would probably have given him a trolley so that he could carry some more stuff out of there... I mean, I would be working a Gamestop...

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
You know I agree with you completely on the words that come to mind. And they don't have any leads? Aren't there any cameras in that mall? Better yet, aren't there any eye witnesses? How could you miss a guy carrying a hundred MW2 cases.

DayDark

Oct 31, 2007
I hope they catch him, what a bastard. They should take a look for low price MW2 games suddenly appearing.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Well they did the right thing, no point dieing defending somebody else's money, even if it is a only a vague risk.

Got to admire the man's balls, maybe he watched Out of sight beforehand, but what if they find out he really did have a friend with a gun waiting across the street? Would that make it armed robbery?

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Give the thief some respect, dammit!
Or he'll threaten you with his friend who has a gun.

Seriously, how did he get out with 100 MW2 cases? He must be a magician of some kind.

Nova5

Interceptor
Sep 5, 2009
That's... Just... Wow...

-blink-

Greg Tito said:
That feat takes some cajones, thief guy. What, did you roll a natural 20 on your Bluff check? Impressive.
Yeah, that pretty much expresses it best. Must've had some magical D20's that could bend reality, because I have no idea how the hell he got away with it >_>

Either that, or the GameStop employees themselves stole the stuff by sneaking it out of the store and filed a fake police report. That's about as likely, provided there's no security camera involved.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
sasquatch99 said:
Give the thief some respect, dammit!
Or he'll threaten you with his friend who has a gun.

Seriously, how did he get out with 100 MW2 cases? He must be a magician of some kind.
This. I don't see how the guy could've moved all those games unnoticed... he must've had a backpack or a duffel bag that works like a bottomless barrel, or like that magical trunk from the Rincewind books.

DrScoobs

Mar 6, 2009
that crap takes cajones. I'm gonna go try it! :D
(logs in to escapist 6 months later after a sentence for attempted theft)

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
I bet the clerk was in on it, that's what I would do for a free copy.

Though that guy maxed out his charisma stat unlike me, who foolishly buffed dexterity -_-

Nanaki316

Oct 23, 2009
Man I would have loved to have been sitting outside on a bench or something and watching this guy carrying out 100 boxes of the same game. That would have made my day. How the hell did he do it?

SpaceGhost2K

Jul 24, 2009
Gamestop just fired someone for resisting a thief, and an assistant manager has been killed before.

This guy has his job, and his life, for doing what the thief said.

Pm0n3y

An emaciated shadow
Jul 29, 2009
I'm more bamboozled with the fact that he stole 100 cases of the same fuckin game, rather than he got out with them.

I mean, what the fuck will you do 100 boxes of the same thing? All you need is one! What the hell is he gonna do with the rest of them?! Build a fuckin clubhouse?!?

Much respect to the guy for actually getting away with the crime, but come on! stealing 100 versions of the same game is just fuckin selfish on his account.

Feb 13, 2008
Far be it from me to be skeptical, but are we sure there was a man there in the first place?

I mean, it would be terrible if the clerks made up this story and ran off with all the MW2s after stacking them in the refuse...

JC175

Feb 27, 2009
This man must have balls the size of small planets.

Seriously though, 100 copies? I would actually put money on the fact that this may have been fuelled by a drunken bet of some kind.