Man Steals 100 Copies of Modern Warfare 2

Teh_Doomage

Jan 11, 2009
Wow, that's just crazy....and most Gamestop's have atleast one camera watching over the register area...

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
What the hell is he going to do with 100 MW2s?

He can't sell them, everyone has one!

He can't exactly play every single one, unless he's a complete nutjob who somehow believes each one is different

Durr Hurr...I guess he'll just relish in the victory over Consumerism

MGlBlaze

Oct 28, 2009
Very nice quip on him rolling the natural 20 on the 'Bluff' check.

Although this does leave me speechless... Okay, Activision and IW deserves it if you ask me, but GameStop doesn't.

As much as an epic win (I use that very loosely. We are talking about THEFT, here...) the bluff was, I hope the guy is brought to justice for doing that. As strangely funny as this was, the person still committed a pretty serious crime. I mean.... $7000. Wow.

I hope the employees are alright, too. they must have been scared out of their minds when the guy said his friend outside would shoot them if they didn't co-operate.

Supreme Unleaded

Aug 3, 2009
Xvito said:
I would probably have given him a trolley so that he could carry some more stuff out of there... I mean, I would be working a Gamestop...
I'd just go with they guy. The value of the crap he took is probably more than you make working at the place for a year anyway.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I think he had a bag. A huge bag.

OT: That made my day. Just shows how nerds believe in imaginary guns. tsk tsk.

"Guys, I think he was bluffing"

"Me too"

"We just won the game w00t"

lord canti

May 30, 2009
I have to say I'm pretty impressed here. ether that guy was a really good bluffer or the employees were stupid. All around though this is pretty damn funny.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Cid SilverWing said:
Macksheath said:
Meh, it was GameStop. They probably asked for it.
They so did.
Yeah I know, retail employees are really the scum of the earth aren't they? I mean they should be doing other stuff and...all right yeah I can't keep being sarcastic about how stupid you sound.

Anyway in regards to why they didn't try and call his bluff, it's pretty much retail protocol to not try and be a hero because the store usually is insured against things like this and therefore nothing is really lost.

CherryT

Aug 11, 2009
When no one was looking, a thief stole a hundred copies of Modern Warfare 2. He took 100 copies.

That's as many as ten tens.

And that's terrible.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
They are going to need a whole new generation of copy-protection to fend this type of pirate.

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
My respect for this man is only slightly diminished by what I believe to be a poor choice in video gaming taste.
This. Unless he piles them all up and burns them. Activision and Infinity Ward deserve no better in my opinion.

Dys

Sep 10, 2008
cainx10a said:
They are going to need a whole new generation of copy-protection to fend this type of pirate.
/thread (also lol)

For some reason I imagine the final countdown playing as he made the 100 copies of the game levitate out before him. Seriously, how did he carry them all?

Epifols

Aug 30, 2008
Kiefer13 said:
MaxTheReaper said:
My respect for this man is only slightly diminished by what I believe to be a poor choice in video gaming taste.
This. Unless he piles them all up and burns them. Activision and Infinity Ward deserve no better in my opinion.
Psh, I bet all he cares about is that he can sell them off for 40$ a piece and get rid of all of them in under a week. Who cares what game it is, profit is all the same.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
What would one man do with 100 copies of the same game?

Well, it was GameStop...

But seriously, that guy has guts... and a friend with a gun :p

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
You know what? I bet you a nickle he's going to sell them back

Anyway, I think gamestop keeps their games in nice little CD sleeves so people can't grab a box off the shelf and steal a game. So maybe he just brought a duffel bag or backpack, demanded the games, got them in their sleeves and not their boxes, I can see how he was able to steal so many

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
fix-the-spade said:
Well they did the right thing, no point dieing defending somebody else's money, even if it is a only a vague risk.

Got to admire the man's balls, maybe he watched Out of sight beforehand, but what if they find out he really did have a friend with a gun waiting across the street? Would that make it armed robbery?
It's technically armed robbery if you make people think you have a gun, whether or not you actually do.