Man Steals 100 Copies of Modern Warfare 2

DaBozz

May 27, 2009
Judging by how bad the game is I think gamestop asked to have it stolen, they will make more money from the insurance than the games worth.

but since microsoft banned xbox accounts due to prirates I recon we shall see alot more events like this, not many poeple can afford the £45 rrp.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
imahobbit4062 said:
I call bullshit, how can there even be 100 Mw2 copies left in the first place?
Probably pre-orders?

I could totally see Gamestop giving out my copy to save themselves ;)
Although I really couldn't blame them in that regard.
[sub]+1 Cowardice[/sub]

Ghadente

White Rabbit
Mar 21, 2009
Greg Tito said:
What, did you roll a natural 20 on your Bluff check? Impressive.

WPXI [http://www.wpxi.com/news/21604730/detail.html]

Did you roll a 20 on ability to use dorky references?

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Wow.

This man must have max Luck stats, and his undergarments give a +50 luck attributes, and his Shirt gives +100 charisma.

Max stats for each section being 10. =]

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
ElephantGuts said:
That certainly does take some balls.

Or a lot of desperation. He must have really wanted to play MW2.
And has 99 friends.

Wow. And no-one outside noticed the man with 100 games in his trolley? I would have.

ArcWinter

May 9, 2009
That is, to use a word much overused, awesome.

Points for getting away, extra points for effort, and super extra points just for the idea.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Gotta admit, I' surprised at how many people are cheering on the thief, yet mention piracy and people are mainly against it :D

Also wondering, is there a limit on installs? maybe he just didn't want to deal with calling up for a fresh activation code.

As for the staff, screw it, I'm not taking even a very small risk of getting shot for minimum wage, however I'd probably still get a written warning for not signing the thief up for a store card and some preorders.

'Here's a bag, would you like to put down $500 on a hundred copies of the expansion?'

Gabes

May 8, 2008
I think that the true irony is that this guy will probably go the easy way and unload them by selling back to Gamestop

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
This was in a mall right? how come no one was able to get a hold of security? I mean you don't usually hear about mall store being robbed since theres usually a bunch of security guards and in some cases off duty police officers working there.

Edit: Actually nevermind it doesn't say whether it's a mall or not. I'm guessing it isn't.

AWC Viper

Jun 12, 2008
WoW....just Wow, i cant believe that someone would be able to pull that off. he should have preordered Bad Company 2 while he was there.

jimBOFH

Nov 15, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
My respect for this man is only slightly diminished by what I believe to be a poor choice in video gaming taste.

But seriously.
I'd buy him a beer.
Maybe he wasn't stealing them to play them, but simply to protect all those hapless n00bs planning on buying the game.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
wow, I am surprised at how much you all are underestimating eBay. This man stole 100 copies of MW2, check eBay for about a weekyou are bound to see some copies running for about $40. Also, don't forget that the man can simply walk into any other gamestop and trade in 1 copy at a time. Gamestop would never b the wiser.

toapat

Mar 28, 2009
i congratulate the populace of the local area for seeing logic and not buying MW2
this dude must have been wearing a kilt

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
"You're really just going to let a guy rob you because he says his friend outside has a gun? Really?"

YES! I'd ask if he wanted a(nother) bag aswell!

bakonslayer

Apr 15, 2009
And people think video games desensitize violence.
Actually, in this case, it looks like it EXTREMELY sensitized violence - When a guy demands 100 copies of MW2 (we can assume it was a large frightening looking man who is very good at poker) - you can believe that he knows a guy who will end you. You can't just assume that he's bluffing, why? Because you've been playing Modern Warfare 2 and YOU (at least think that) you could fire a sniper rifle from a car window outside of a Gamestop and get a UBER HEADSHOT without any remorse for the innocent person standing behind the counter just for a video game.

That's right- video games don't make people violent, they make them prone to violence. As we now know, it only takes a little bit of intense imagery and persuasion and YOU TOO could walk out of a Gamestop with 100 copies of the newest Death-O-Rama: Multiplayer Extravaganza (Now with extra realism and a new perk or two)