Man Steals 100 Copies of Modern Warfare 2

Rachet922

Jun 24, 2009
"Okay sir, that's every thing you wanted, would you like to place a preorder for God of War 3, Dead Rising 2, or perhaps Halo Reach?"

"oh, you need the casher register money... Okay that's 50 GOW3, 25 DR2, and 124 Halo Reaches", Thank you for pre-ordering with Gamestop"

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
That's hilarious! Screw downloading the game like normal pirates, steal a fucking 100 of them with a the help of a friend with a gun that was too lazy to come along.

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
Heh, if I worked at a gamestop and someone tried this I would probably react the same. They just aren't paying me enough to possibly die for their product.

You never know though, maybe there was a gunman outside.

Gotta give him props though, it's probably safer then pirating them online now. Two cheers for doing it old school my man!!

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
okay, I know this is off topic, but that is an old picture of a Gamestop. Halo 3 is coming soon in that pic... And its a picture of a European Gamestop although the story takes place in Pennsylvania...

but I might as well add, since I worked at Gamestop in the past, if a person threatens that they have a weapon to do whatever they say, even if you don't see a weapon. Also as for the man just walked out of the store, the policy is that you are to follow the person at a safe distance and get a description of the vehicle.

you can get fired for stopping the person...

letsnoobtehpwns

Dec 28, 2008
If it were any other store, I would say that this is just pathetic but, what can you except from a Game Stop clerk?

I hate Game Stop! They REFUSE to sell me BattleToads for the Xbox 360!!!

Ezphares

Jan 14, 2009
To the people wondering why he would give the games away when he had no proof there was a gun: Most stores actually have a rule that if you are robbed, you have to give the robber what he wants.
A good rule if you ask me, the money is covered by insurance, but if the guy is hurt or killed, it's another situation altogether.

Hashbrick

Mar 20, 2009
Dys said:
cainx10a said:
They are going to need a whole new generation of copy-protection to fend this type of pirate.
/thread (also lol)

For some reason I imagine the final countdown playing as he made the 100 copies of the game levitate out before him. Seriously, how did he carry them all?
There is this state of the art device called a box. I know I know we talking hi-tech here.

Lusulpher

Jun 12, 2009
AceDiamond said:
Cid SilverWing said:
Macksheath said:
Meh, it was GameStop. They probably asked for it.
They so did.
Yeah I know, retail employees are really the scum of the earth aren't they? I mean they should be doing other stuff and...all right yeah I can't keep being sarcastic about how stupid you sound.

Anyway in regards to why they didn't try and call his bluff, it's pretty much retail protocol to not try and be a hero because the store usually is insured against things like this and therefore nothing is really lost.
The employees are not the scum, the business model is.

Google it, Gamestop(EBGames) is a monopoly now that reduces services it's competitors provided, and soon when game prices go up, the unholy Conspiracy will be revealed in full.

Some guy made a detailed video.

Support Gamefly.

Dys

Sep 10, 2008
Hashbrick said:
Dys said:
cainx10a said:
They are going to need a whole new generation of copy-protection to fend this type of pirate.
/thread (also lol)

For some reason I imagine the final countdown playing as he made the 100 copies of the game levitate out before him. Seriously, how did he carry them all?
There is this state of the art device called a box. I know I know we talking hi-tech here.
Because most hiests are commited by felons carting around a box, practical and tough. More likely than not he just had them put in bags, but I'm not here to consider real options when arrested development style magic tricks are an option.

Ushario

Mar 6, 2009
SpaceGhost2K said:
Gamestop just fired someone for resisting a thief, and an assistant manager has been killed before.

This guy has his job, and his life, for doing what the thief said.
Agreed, the threat alone is enough. Its not worth tempting fate, when dealing with guns its easier to just give them what they want quickly and helpfully.

Medic Heavy

Jul 4, 2008
That man must look like Mr.Universe to have waltzed out of a store with 100 copies of Modern Warfare 2.

On a related note: I hope the man sells them for really reasonable prices on eBay,
*sigh*, don't blame a poor gamer for dreaming.

(Edit: 300 Post's...after 14 months, :D)

TheLastCylon

Apr 14, 2009
To further solidify his status as "epic troll", he should have asked for some copies of Battletoads as well.

SilentHunter7

Nov 21, 2007
Ghadente said:
Greg Tito said:
What, did you roll a natural 20 on your Bluff check? Impressive.

WPXI [http://www.wpxi.com/news/21604730/detail.html]

Did you roll a 20 on ability to use dorky references?

You totally rolled a 1 on your use forum code check :p

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
"Hey, frank, wait outside, i'm going to go buy us some modern warfare 2 copies so we can play together :)"

"okay, cool Fred, I'll wait out here.."

robrob

Oct 21, 2009
Dys said:
Hashbrick said:
Dys said:
cainx10a said:
/thread (also lol)

Because most hiests are commited by felons carting around a box, practical and tough. More likely than not he just had them put in bags, but I'm not here to consider real options when arrested development style magic tricks are an option.
I imagine they were already in boxes, unless they put 100 copies on the shelf. Seems a very round amount, probably was just one sealed box full.

This whole thing doesn't seem that weird to me. Anyone who has had a low paying job knows that if you're threatened in what feels a legit way, you give them what they want. $7k worth of stock that's covered by insurance or your life, take a pick? It only takes tiny odds on the latter for you to go with the former and it's generally company policy.

Then walking out, who actually stops people carrying a tonne of stock, in the unlikely scenario it was visible? If someone approaches him, a quick "oh, I work at gamestop, we've got to take some stock to another store. Modern Warfare 2 is selling really well today, you should pick up a copy" and continue on his way, it's done.