Man Surfs Shark

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Shark gets surfed by man.

A three-meter-long great white shark swimming off the coast of Oregon found the usually-vacant space above its first dorsal fin suddenly occupied by a surfer.

According to the shark, a shark of indeterminate years..

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
I feel sorry for the guy. He is in his 20s and he now knows his most impressive feat in life is behind him. Destined for a life of depression and alcoholism...

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
Aeshi said:
I don't believe this as anyone with big enough balls to do this would've crushed said shark doing so.

Calling this one fake.
According to the article, he's not even the first one to do it. Some kayaker found herself in the same position.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
octafish said:
Three or four seconds is a very long time to stand on a shark. I'm not saying it didn't happen but three or four seconds?
Perhaps he's just THAT good of a surfer :p

OT: That's pretty damn amazing. I can't even stand on a regular surfboard for three to four seconds >_>

EDIT: Damn typos...

EmzOLV

Oct 20, 2010
This dude is a legend, I saw it in the newspaper this morning. The fact he does this:

Grey Carter said:
Niblack claims to have taken the encounter in his stride, and he's even added a jolly little "no sharks" sticker to the bottom of his longboard
Just makes me think he's the guy for me. Gotta love a sense of humour after an almost traumatic accident...

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Next you'll tell me he has a jaccuzi in his home with two constantly-naked hot chicks in it which he only uses to see naked chicks on demand.

Because if you have that, you are officially PIMP OF THE WORLD.

ViciousTide

Aug 5, 2011
K4RN4GE911 said:
Doug: Hey Joe, how did your weekend pan out?

Joe: Just plain awesome! Went and saw a concert with the guys. What'd you do?

Doug: Nothing much. Just went surfing. On a shark.

Joe: O.O

Doug: *sips coffee*
The epic moment of his life only lasted 3-4 seconds but the cosmos of the universe have transformed him and transcended his mentality to the next level,

That hot chick across the bar just stared at you for 1 sec,

instead of "Flame On", you better walk over to her and say

"SHARK ON!"

standokan

May 28, 2009
It took me four times before I read Niblack instead of Nickelback, curse you Nickelback.

BloodRed Pixel

Jul 16, 2009
Grey Carter said:
Man Surfs Shark

Now it all sounds a bit suspicious doesn't it? Especially the part where he mentions that this took place before work.

I dont´t see why riding sharks after work is less suspicious than before work.

BLAHwhatever

Aug 30, 2011
the spud said:
The shark didn't ask for this...

Also, this isn't that impressive. I once rode 3 sharks while doing the tango. While on fire
I'm an off-duty kindergarten teacher and I can confirm this.

Fwee

Sep 23, 2009
The video that's featured in the link:
That song is Phat (Fat?) Planet, by Leftfield.
Great album.