Manhunt 2 Banned in the U.K.

s-l-u-g

Sep 5, 2008
-sigh-. this is why we should have at least ONE person on the BBFC who is under 40. who actually PLAYS GAMES INSTEAD OF MAKING BANS BECAUSE THEYRE SCARED A PSYCHO TEEN WILL GO CRAZY (andblamemanhuntogethissentencereducedorsomethingbecausehe'sbatshitcrazy)

sorry. im venting.

I wanted to see MH2.

anti_strunt

Aug 26, 2008
Dr.Kay said:
I havent mentioned anything along the lines of whether it should be banned or not, if I did then whatever. its just so annoying that someone makes a huge cry about a game being banned in their country to the extent of feeling 'ashamed' to be in it! and as I have pointed out, its still a moron game regardless. thats my 'public' opinion.
But banning a video game is obviously the first step towards introducing a mind police, building gamer gulags, and the complete destruction of democracy as we know it! Don't you see? The future of our entire society is dependent on whether or not the People get to play a crappy stealth/action game! It's a slippery slope, damnit!

catalyst8

Oct 29, 2008
That's an interesting attempt at trolling, Dr.Kay. Interesting simply because you refuse to address the subject under discussion, & instead concentrate on spurious & weak attacks on other poster's personalities as if following chapter 1 of 'Trolling for Dummies'. Certainly your accusation of attention-seeking is what Freud called 'projection'. It's a shame you don't seem to grasp the nature of the subject or even the ability to debate, but never mind eh? You just run along, I'm sure the fact that someone's replied to you will make you moist & creamy in that special place, & you can hate the world a little bit less for all of five minutes...

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Dr.Kay said:
catalyst8 said:
Dr.Kay said:
Good gosh, "WHAA my gonvernment bans a game", grow up man.

And besides, you're being very close-minded, you're just crying about not getting a game you want without thinking about it as a whole.
That's particularly obtuse of you. Not only do you misrepresent Beery's statement, but you do so with the petulance worthy of a spoilt child, and completely miss the point of the issue at the same time. Censorship is an insidious practice which actively restricts the rights of citizens. In China the general populace is unable to access what we would consider very basic information, both via the press and the internet. Galileo was censored by the Church for challenging Geocentricity, not because they didn't believe him but simply because they didn't like what he had to say. The infamous Spanish burning of the Maya Codex remains one of the worst criminal acts committed against a people and their cultural heritage.

By sanctioning censorship you are declaring the belief not only that a populace does not have the right to decide whether they want to be voluntarily exposed to various forms of media, but that they are also incapable of making that decision for themselves. The obvious paradox arises that the censors themselves are as equally flawed as those they are 'protecting', and historically have been either government or religious bodies with definite bias to their own agenda (the book burnings in Nazi Germany and Inquisitorial Europe and the Americas are a fine example).

What makes you think that you or anyone has the right to restrict the freedom of individuals to pursue an interest in any subject-matter?
"Hello everyone, I am catalyst8. I have recently mastered the Control plus 'C' key and the Control plus 'V' method. I simply copy whatever the original poster said and make my point in an effort to look smart. But as you can see, I also type with puncuation sincerely and with absolute clarity, therefore does that not make me smart? Am I not begging for attention?"

Medinburgh said:
Dr. Kay, your comparisons list was just plain foolish:
If they wanted to just make a team based game which wasn't centered on killing, you and your team-mates wouldn't all be carrying guns. You work as a team to kill the enemy. (Also, see: Left 4 Dead)
Assassins Creed was you being an ASSASSIN...
Condemned: you used the phrase "despendable homeless", I'm not sure if it's supposed to be dispensable or expendable, but either way that means you're killing them, you are also doing it with a variety of easily obtainable "weapons" such as guillotines from paper cutters, pipes, conduits, axes etc etc
"Hello all, I am known as Medinburgh. Although I do not care for grammar as much, I still make an absolute fuss about it over the interwebz, because when someone says something I don't like, I have nothing intelligent to say, so I just say the opposite of what they said, and point out their grammar errors. Therefore, am I not the greatest debater on the forum?

I have a better idea for you mister 'obtuse' catalyst8 and sir grammalot medinburgh: How about you shutup?

I havent mentioned anything along the lines of whether it should be banned or not, if I did then whatever. its just so annoying that someone makes a huge cry about a game being banned in their country to the extent of feeling 'ashamed' to be in it! and as I have pointed out, its still a moron game regardless. thats my 'public' opinion.

'hello everyone, I am known as Dr.Kay. My favorite sites are 4chan and Gametrailers and I most probably have a Base I.Q. of 50. I enjoy bringing up threads that are now obsolete and then insulting others who question the reasons for which I have done so.'

You see how easy that is to do? It doesn't make you big in the slightest my friend. Go back to whatever crappy trollsite you came from.

and where the hell are the mods? threads need to get locked and people need to get banned, the trolls are running riot.

You can go ahead and quote/reply, because I'm not going to respond.