Manifest, a horror, semi-episodic PvP RP (Started, open)

Aug 12, 2009
To be delivered to the Mayor's office
Vanguard, The Tear
The Desolate Plains

You're not getting a dear or a To Whom It May Concern, I know who you are and I don't care. As long as you keep people from dying, and a little history on how the world went to shit and people started suddenly turning into incredibly powerful murderbeasts will help you do that, it doesn't matter who you are.

It started ten years ago. No one's sure how, but most people blame it on something called ?The Wormhole Event?, and only a fraction of those people know what the hell that is. We were at the height of technology, and everybody was safe and healthy, and we had technology that could bring someone back from the brink of death. We thought we had the perfect society. Then something went wrong, the sky darkened, and The Tear, the meanest mother hubbard of a rift in space time you ever saw opened up, somewhere over the Mojave, like a scarlet wound against the sky. The darkness hasn?t lifted since, and neither has the horrible things it brought with it.

Some call them gods, most monsters, and fewer still aliens, but by most, they go by one name: Defilers, not a name that they gave themselves, but it stuck, and it describes their actions pretty well. There?s really only a few things we've managed to learn about these assholes, they remain mostly a mystery at this point. The first sure thing about Defilers: They hate each other more than they could ever hate us. Second: They?re extremely powerful, and can by no means be from this planet. And third: they're wiping us out. I?m not even sure they?ve noticed, but they are. They get inside you, and you change, you become one of them...the Manifested. See Defilers, they can't enter our universe, and they can't die, not properly, but they need a way to show their hate and anger for each other.

That?s where the Manifested come in. They tend to start as just normal folks, like you and me. That part of them is what?s called ?The Host?. Then a Defiler reaches their darkness into them, and their body?s twist and change, to reflect their new guest. Y'see each Defiler fancies themselves in charge of a something...flame, hate, music, light...and have a form that reflects that. The change is called ?Transmutation?, and it?s supposedly one of the most horribly painful things that can happen to a man. When it's through, their minds aren't their own anymore, at least not on the outside, and they're different. That's where a human becomes Manifested, nothing but a weapon, an insult, ready to be hurled by a Defiler at their siblings, a plaything. They don't live long after that, but those that do tend to...degrade...become even less human, change more to reflect their Defiler. If they survive for too long, the Defiler gets bored and abandons them, leaving them like a broken toy. You better believe they die soon after that.

Manifested, no matter how long they've been alive, have terrible powers, once again a reflection of their Defiler. Mixed with their almost non-existent regard for human life, this has led to more than few accidental casualties. There ain't much of us left, folks like you and me, and I get the feeling that even we won't be around for long. People did what people do and huddled together, formed settlements and cities, like the one you're soon to run. These places aren't as safe as people like to think, not in the slightest. Defilers can find you anywhere, and will reach inside and transmute you quicker than you have time to understand that you're becoming a demon. Settlements, cities...?Safe Havens?? They all become slaughtering grounds in the end.

They say that some places, you can glimpse at the Defiler's home, through the change that rifts bring while they help Defiler's into our world, and oh lord you better believe they ain't pretty. Boils of some material that waltz around the line between flesh and stone bubble and pop, and creatures, made of teeth and muscle, crawl about in pain. Some say that it's a glimpse at hell on earth, and from the sounds of it I'm inclined to agree. That part seem unimportant to most. ?Just stay away from those places? is what they'll say, but I'm telling you for three reasons: A. The Tear's definitely been getting bigger over the last ten years. B. Sometimes those things get out of their areas and cause more damage with their numbers than a Manifested ever could, and C. The city you?re running is sitting right next to the biggest one of these in recorded existence, so ?staying away? is out of the question.
That's not everything I know and it's certainly not everything you'll want or need, but I don't put much faith on your continued survival. If you can go 5 months with Vanguard under your care and remain alive and sane, write back and I'll tell you some things that will definitely save your life. Until then, you're going to hear very little of me, unless I happen to have to come for you. I hope that doesn?t happen.

Regards, Copernicus

Now that we have world information out of the way, welcome to Manifest, a semi-episodic RP heavily centered around personal destruction and ruin at a the hands of a force more powerful than you in every way shape or form the extreme trauma and tragedy this situation brings. However, it is also about body horror, horribly messy descriptions, Lovecraftian superpowers and PVP. This is something of a love child of mine as it combines a lot of what I like with a lot of what my friends like.

1. The results of PvP will be decided randomly beforehand, but this does not mean that you should utterly resign yourself to losing. The joy of PvP roleplaying is to create an interesting scene in the reader?s mind, not to win and use is as your personal power fantasy. Additionally, if you lose, don?t try and win anyway, it?s just rather immature.
2. Just because you are possessed by a god does not allow you to god mod. You can?t just go, even if you do win the draw, ?X?s clawed hand rips up and tears Y in half?. It?s simply not good story telling or good role-playing.
3. Don?t just copy a humanoid abomination exactly. It?s okay to base them on something, but don?t just make a character that could be Slenderman?s identical twin.
4. Your person part of your character (See below) will die frequently. Accept this now, but still put effort into their development story-wise and background. Just because they?ll live a short existence doesn?t mean they don?t deserve to have the story of their existence told.
5. The world is futuristic and pretty damn fucked up, but apart from things made definite in the letter, it?s pretty open to your interpretation.
So character sheets will be divided into two categories: The character sheet of your person, which will change when they are destroyed in a duel, and the Defiler?s sheet, which is the one you will stay with as long as you like. When you lose a duel you make a new person sheet, but keep your Defiler.

People

Name: (Obvious)
Appearance (Prior to Transmutation): (What did they wear? What were their eyes, hair, skin ect. Ect. Coloured? You get the idea)
Personality: (Just like, one or two paragraphs on your character?s personality, so you have a clear idea of how to portray how the Defiler is changing them and breaking them)
History: (Your character prior to their Transmutation)
Additional Notes: (Whatever you feel doesn?t fit above)

Defilers:

Name: (Defiler?s make their own names from simple words they can get from anybodies brain, but still fit with their domain)
Domain: (What your Defiler feels they lord over)
Manifested Title: (The title given by people to the Manifested form of a Defiler, usually something starting with ?the?)
Manifested Appearance: (The changes in physical form a Defiler inflicts on its host)
Manifested Personality:
Name: Cinder

Manifested Title: The Scorched

Domain: Defiler of Flame

Appearance (When Manifested): The Scorched's bodily fluids turn into fire that burns without need for fuel or heat, and does not damage The Scorched in a way that fire would normally, but does hurt them. Their skin turns black as charcoal and becomes gritty and tough. Small volcanoes dot the victims charred flesh, from which the aforementioned hellfire oozes in great quantities. Their mouth and eyes are full of fire, and the palms of their hands can be opened up to fire it in a projectile stream. They are in constant pain and feel constant anger. Pain can be relieved if the fire is removed in large enough quantity, though never enough to lessen the Scorched's endless anger.

The Scorched's blackened charcoal flesh has a tendency to break off and fall to the wayside. Veins and cracks of glowing red and orange pattern The Scorched's body, which have been known to break open and expel a highly pressurised stream of fire that is so hot it melts stone like butter. The Scorched's movements are slow and deliberate, but have been known to become erratic and jerky, as if trying to move through intense pain. The original clothing of The Scorched burns onto them and fuses with their flesh, so they have a tendency to have blackened, irremovable rags cling to them.

Personality: Cinder knows very little in the way of self control, or anything beyond world ending hate and anger. His hosts are generally quick to act and slow to restrain themselves. They usually have short tempers, and have been known to destroy cities with no other Manifested within them, simply to relieve the pain or release some of their anger. The Scorched are always destructive, both to themselves and others, and Cinder has gone through a lot more Manifested than any other Defiler. Most of his hate is directed at his brothers and sisters, meaning that he will not forge any alliances in duels, no matter how temporary they may be. In battle the Scorched has a tendency to care for their environment even less. As a result most battlegrounds of the Scorched are blackened, smoke filled, inhospitable death zones, where fire has scorched and burned everything.

Name: Marcus Pleasant

Appearance (Prior to Transmutation): For the ten years after the wormhole event, Marcus has alternated between wearing a jumpsuit of patchwork scraps and a robe that allows for comfort ability while not being easily recognized. These two items of patchwork comprise mostly of brown, black and navy materials, but do have the odd white and actual colour here and there. His feet are clad in knee high black combat boots and he always wears a harness, within which is contained a bottle of water, a combat knife, a pistol with five bullets left in it. The bottom half of his face usually has a red and white rag wrapped around it, and his eyes are concealed by a pair of aviators.

His hair is dark brown with grey lines, along with his magnificently untrimmed and mangy beard. His skin is tanned and scarred in multiple places shallowly, with only two deep scars. One travels across the bridge of his nose, a large chunk of which is missing, and another travels in a curve from the bottom of his left cheek to the bones of his right. His cheekbones are high and his nose is crooked, obviously broken multiple times. His eyes, hidden though they may be, are extremely bloodshot, and his teeth are yellow and black. He has a muscular build, one expected of a military man, and is missing his right arm. The fingers on his left hand are mostly intact, minus the end of his ring finger. His entire body is matted with and blackened by dirt, and scars litter his body, again, many shallow ones but only two significantly deep ones. One comes across his chest vertically, and the other from his hip to his right armpit.

Personality: Marcus is not a kind man, and is not friendly in the least. He is quick to avoid others, mostly due to his past, and is filled with self loathing and general loathing for the world in its current state. His temper is short and his patience shorter. He is also heavily paranoid, and does not like to stay in one place for too long. This is also heavily tied to his past. Marcus cares little for human life, and his willingness to kill to save his own borders on the sociopathic. His hatred for the Manifested borders on obsessive, and he has endured many an injury while trying to tip the scales from a one sided conflict into a scenario containing mutually assured destructions for both Manifested. Marcus has been known to try and rescue groups of survivors, usually in an attempt to angry or weaken a Manifested.

History: Marcus was nearest the wormhole event you could be without being completely obliterated when it happened. He was the one that had pulled the trigger, figuratively speaking, on the device that caused it. He saw the tendrils of the first witnessed Defiler crawl into out dimension and cut tanks apart like they were fruit. He saw it reach into people and change them, turning them into twisted beasts that clawed and mauled each other like beasts with the great claws that had sprung from their hands. He had seen its physical form retreat, but the wormhole widen. He had seen the hellish dimension of the Defilers' at its purest, and couldn't help but do nothing other than run away. So traumatizing was the event, that Marcus, an idealistic private at the time, had run away until his feet bled and been left with a sudden but deep rooted hatred of humanity. Originally, Marcus had been told that the weapon he would be firing was a new non-lethal weapon that would incapacitate the military of the city while leaving them unharmed.

Marcus saw now that he was nothing more than a patsy to use in the testing of a new super weapon so destructive it broke the world and twisted men into forms thought impossible. A few days after the wormhole event, Marcus returned to the city and found it in ash, with inhuman beasts roaming the streets and great flesh appendages growing from walls. Convinced that the city was now hell on earth, he gathered up what few scraps of cloth he had left, and left as soon as possible. He sewed himself a cloak of the victims of his sins, to remind him constantly of what he had done. Marcus didn't see his first true manifested until a year later. Witnessing the wormhole event had let him see the signs, and he saw it for what is was. Using a variety of controlled explosives, he dropped a building on it, destroy its mortal form. However, the death of the Manifested released a great amount of energy as the Defiler escaped, killing many of the refugees he was trying to save and taking his right arm.

Marcus decided that he would spend the rest of his life trying to eliminate as many manifested as possible, no matter the cost. Marcus' newfound purpose twisted him, however, and soon the only thing he could seek to do anymore was hunt down and weaken the Manifested. Few people recognized him as the trigger of the Wormhole Event, and those that did met a quick and silent death at the end of his knife. Marcus justified himself by saying that if he was lynched, as he was sure to be if he was found out, who would be left to fight the manifested? Scars manifold have been inflicted on him, in both body and soul.

Additional Notes:

Just a side note, it'd be helpful if when you do a collab post you colour code speech, so as to keep it easy to understand. Some of us like to think in colour. A new episode will begin when a set of duels are complete (Let?s say when everybody?s had a chance to fight once at least). Anyone can enter the RP at any time, as long as the clear it with me first, provide some flavour text so I can measure their abilities, and agree to the rules. I reserve the right to blacklist some people from the RP if they break rules purposefully and often, so if said people make posts ignore them. I don't mean to be overly harsh but since this is a PvP RP there is a higher chance that people will come in and just not be able to bear with their babies being killed.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
Hold on a minute - when a battle is over and one side loses, wouldn't the defiler be destroyed together with its human host? If not, how would it survive if its host dies?

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
TheIronRuler said:
Hold on a minute - when a battle is over and one side loses, wouldn't the defiler be destroyed together with its human host? If not, how would it survive if its host dies?
I would guess that the Defiler has some sort of immunity to physical harm, and may not even be directly in the firing line.

In fact, "they can't enter our universe, and they can't die, not properly", because a Defiler only "reaches their darkness into [the Manifested]", and since it can happen that "the Defiler gets bored and abandons them", it is implied that the Defiler is not directly linked to the Manifested's body.

We're looking not a vehicles but puppets. And how badly does a puppeteer suffer when you cut the strings?

In other news, yes I would like to play.

Aug 12, 2009
ThreeWords said:
TheIronRuler said:
I would guess that the Defiler has some sort of immunity to physical harm, and may not even be directly in the firing line.

In fact, "they can't enter our universe, and they can't die, not properly", because a Defiler only "reaches their darkness into [the Manifested]", and since it can happen that "the Defiler gets bored and abandons them", it is implied that the Defiler is not directly linked to the Manifested's body.

We're looking not a vehicles but puppets. And how badly does a puppeteer suffer when you cut the strings?

In other news, yes I would like to play.
Thank you for explaining for me, you've got the right of it, and I'd be happy to have you.

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
I am totally up for this.

I'll have it up within the two hours.

CloggedDonkey

Nov 4, 2009
Hello again, Sir Strange! I have a wondrous sheet for you! It smells of coffee, and tastes of strawberries!

Person
Name: Monica Navvaro
Appearance (Prior to Transmutation): A slightly younger looking face than the rest of her body would portray. At 22, her face would make her look around 18 to 16, with light and girlish features accented by green, thick-rimmed glasses that cover her brown eyes. Her hair is a similiar brown to her eyes, but slightly lighter and shoulder length. Her skin is pale for most of her body, but with spots of tan on her arms and face, and her figure is small, standing only 5 feet 5 inches tall.
Personality: Quiet and reserved, but can be comfortable with friends. Is willing to do things others aren't, if it has to be done and helps others.
History: Monica was born in a secluded town in what used to be upper Washington State, and lived a decent life as the daughter of the town doctor before the Wormhole Event. Her father had taught her many things about medical technology before the Wormhole Event, and she had generally enjoyed learning new things. Her mother liked that her daughter was learning more, but wished that she had spent more time with friends.

After the Wormhole Event, Monica's father became a very important man in the town as the only person educated in medicine. He worked alone for several years until Monica was 16, in which he he took on her and one of the few college graduates who had come back to the town as nurses to help care for any wounded or sick of the town. Monica and the boy, Tyler Cobbler, became close friends and had a brief romance, but his family eventually decided they had to leave town to a safer location in the countryside. Monica and Tyler left on a good note, though she still resents Tyler's family for making him leave.

Name: Pest
Manifested Title: The Scrapping in the Dark
Appearance (When manifested): The hosts body grows long, matted hair across their entire body, and their hands turn to hard claws on long, tendentious arms. The features of the host grow more concave and sickly looking, with the legs becoming to weak to support the body and the host having to drop to all fours to move. The host also suffers from sickness in between fights, with vomiting and bodily fluids being turned to vermin of different kinds, or at least having vermin in them. Excreting these bodily fluids is incredibly painful for the host. Inside the body itself, rats and insects run through the body, or at least appear to, and cause discomfort and pain in the host.
Personality: Much like the creatures that he represents, Pest's personality is focused on survival and repopulating. Those who he posses often get urges to consume mass amounts of food and are often extremely sexually attracted to ?good? mates who are physically strong and of sound mind. He also finds few ways to solve a problem other than brute force and violence, but can flee when the situation calls for it. He also has problems living with other creatures, as he and those he posses deplete natural resources by vast amounts but seem to never get any worse for wear, and the other creatures have a habit of attacking him, causing him to attack back or run.

Aug 12, 2009
CloggedDonkey said:
Hello again, Sir Strange! I have a wondrous sheet for you! It smells of coffee, and tastes of strawberries!

Person
Name: Monica Navvaro
Appearance (Prior to Transmutation): A slightly younger looking face than the rest of her body would portray. At 22, her face would make her look around 18 to 16, with light and girlish features accented by green, thick-rimmed glasses that cover her brown eyes. Her hair is a similiar brown to her eyes, but slightly lighter and shoulder length. Her skin is pale for most of her body, but with spots of tan on her arms and face, and her figure is small, standing only 5 feet 5 inches tall.
Personality: Quiet and reserved, but can be comfortable with friends. Is willing to do things others aren't, if it has to be done and helps others.
History: Monica was born in a secluded town in what used to be upper Washington State, and lived a decent life as the daughter of the town doctor before the Wormhole Event. Her father had taught her many things about medical technology before the Wormhole Event, and she had generally enjoyed learning new things. Her mother liked that her daughter was learning more, but wished that she had spent more time with friends.

After the Wormhole Event, Monica's father became a very important man in the town as the only person educated in medicine. He worked alone for several years until Monica was 16, in which he he took on her and one of the few college graduates who had come back to the town as nurses to help care for any wounded or sick of the town. Monica and the boy, Tyler Cobbler, became close friends and had a brief romance, but his family eventually decided they had to leave town to a safer location in the countryside. Monica and Tyler left on a good note, though she still resents Tyler's family for making him leave.

Name: Pest
Manifested Title: The Scrapping in the Dark
Appearance (When manifested): The hosts body grows long, matted hair across their entire body, and their hands turn to hard claws on long, tendentious arms. The features of the host grow more concave and sickly looking, with the legs becoming to weak to support the body and the host having to drop to all fours to move. The host also suffers from sickness in between fights, with vomiting and bodily fluids being turned to vermin of different kinds, or at least having vermin in them. Excreting these bodily fluids is incredibly painful for the host. Inside the body itself, rats and insects run through the body, or at least appear to, and cause discomfort and pain in the host.
Personality: Much like the creatures that he represents, Pest's personality is focused on survival and repopulating. Those who he posses often get urges to consume mass amounts of food and are often extremely sexually attracted to ?good? mates who are physically strong and of sound mind. He also finds few ways to solve a problem other than brute force and violence, but can flee when the situation calls for it. He also has problems living with other creatures, as he and those he posses deplete natural resources by vast amounts but seem to never get any worse for wear, and the other creatures have a habit of attacking him, causing him to attack back or run.
This is indeed some wondrous sheet.

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
<spoiler=Sheet of Magical Dreams and Wonders>People
Name: Haythem Clarence

Appearance: His appearance was a dirty once-white suit, red tie and blacks shoes. Pair of sunglasses on his face obscured his brown eyes, and a host of dirty-blonde hair more than once described as ?a messed up bird landing on your head? remained in fashionable messiness. During the time where he had avoided manifestation, he?d happened upon more than one corpse, off which he had scavanged a bandolier from an engineer from the National Guard, a protective vest that wasn?t exactly bulletproof but shard-retardent all the same and a helmet relatively clean from blood. This was pretty much what he wore for the full time he was on the run.
Having hopped from ?safe? place one to another, he?d wore whatever was available. More often than not settling on what was presentable than what was smart.

Personality: Summarised, Haythem was a dork. His public image was trying to be the raddest dude around, dabbling in rap lyrics, amateur photography, music and games, but hen ever got the hang of presenting him in such a way that anyone actually believed him. Everyone knew it was an act, everyone save him. He cared so much about saving face, trying desperately to stay on good terms with everyone, that it kind of got the better of him.

During the years after the rift another, uglier side of Haythem reared his head. Cowardice. Only once he tried the ?stand and fight? routine, and after that he ran for it whenever he got the chance. He was a fast runner, a quick climber as well, and he used this to his advantage. But the places where he went, some couldn?t, and he left people behind more often than he?d liked. Because of this, attachements were hard to form, and Haythem became a lonely man. Grabbing back on what he knew, he tried weaving this into a ?lone wolf? kind of image, and this one actually stuck. With a bit of a knack to decide, he became a semi-important person with the survivors, becoming a source of food and whatnot.

Additional Notes: Had a penchant for flashy swords and knives?

Defilers:
Name: The Clockwork Crow
Domain: Lord of Birds and Clockwork.
Manifested Title: The Defiler of Technology
Manifested Appearance:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_medmk3mOyz1r42mnyo1_500.png

PlastikBulb

Mar 21, 2012
People
Name: Lucy Chilson
Appearance: Lucy is a successfully transitioned male-to-female transsexual, meaning she was born with male anatomy, but identified as a female, and underwent surgery and hormone treatment to make her body fit her view. She has long blonde hair that curls too much at the ends and annoys her when she?s trying to do anything. Large blue eyes, small nose and jaw, but certainly a presence of self that makes up for her generally small head.
Personality: Lucy has long suffered from depression and substance abuse and she has an addictive personality, often taking far too much of anything, whether it?s good or bad for her. She has issues when being confronted about her sexuality, but is a very opinionated individual in most matters and won?t let up if you disagree with her.
History: Lucy?s history is pretty dark, as one might expect when dealing with a transgendered individual in a world that?s gotten progressively worse, especially since the wormhole event. She?s always struggled with trust and interactions with people, and her life since the event has just collapsed. The few friends she had died or were killed to had something happen to them and now she?s alone and thoroughly unprepared for this new world.
Defilers:
Name: Slough
Domain: Lord of Flesh
Manifested Title: The Shapeless
Manifested Appearance: Slough?s targets are always those who have issues with gender or body. It prefers those who identify as the opposite gender to their body, just so it can feel their despair as it takes whatever issues it has, and amplifies it tenfold. Someone worried about being fat would become obese, someone with bulimia would become stick thin. Transgendered people, such as in the case of Lucy, become unrecognisable. Chitinous armour covers every part of her body, and pus filled sores weep paralytics. Hands become three pronged talons and feet congeal and harden to become cloven hooves with a spur of bone jutting from the back.

Aug 12, 2009
SamuelT said:
<spoiler=Sheet of Magical Dreams and Wonders>People
Name: Haythem Clarence

Appearance: His appearance was a dirty once-white suit, red tie and blacks shoes. Pair of sunglasses on his face obscured his brown eyes, and a host of dirty-blonde hair more than once described as ?a messed up bird landing on your head? remained in fashionable messiness. During the time where he had avoided manifestation, he?d happened upon more than one corpse, off which he had scavanged a bandolier from an engineer from the National Guard, a protective vest that wasn?t exactly bulletproof but shard-retardent all the same and a helmet relatively clean from blood. This was pretty much what he wore for the full time he was on the run.
Having hopped from ?safe? place one to another, he?d wore whatever was available. More often than not settling on what was presentable than what was smart.

Personality: Summarised, Haythem was a dork. His public image was trying to be the raddest dude around, dabbling in rap lyrics, amateur photography, music and games, but hen ever got the hang of presenting him in such a way that anyone actually believed him. Everyone knew it was an act, everyone save him. He cared so much about saving face, trying desperately to stay on good terms with everyone, that it kind of got the better of him.

During the years after the rift another, uglier side of Haythem reared his head. Cowardice. Only once he tried the ?stand and fight? routine, and after that he ran for it whenever he got the chance. He was a fast runner, a quick climber as well, and he used this to his advantage. But the places where he went, some couldn?t, and he left people behind more often than he?d liked. Because of this, attachements were hard to form, and Haythem became a lonely man. Grabbing back on what he knew, he tried weaving this into a ?lone wolf? kind of image, and this one actually stuck. With a bit of a knack to decide, he became a semi-important person with the survivors, becoming a source of food and whatnot.

Additional Notes: Had a penchant for flashy swords and knives?

Defilers:
Name: The Clockwork Crow
Domain: Lord of Birds and Clockwork.
Manifested Title: The Defiler of Technology
Manifested Appearance:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_medmk3mOyz1r42mnyo1_500.png
A defiler personality would be very much appreciated, but otherwise this is looking pretty damn good. (Also you get away with the whole "Image for appearance" because you drew it yourself.)
PlastikBulb said:
People
Appearance: Lucy is a successfully transitioned male-to-female transsexual, meaning she was born with male anatomy, but identified as a female, and underwent surgery and hormone treatment to make her body fit her view. She has long blonde hair that curls too much at the ends and annoys her when she?s trying to do anything. Large blue eyes, small nose and jaw, but certainly a presence of self that makes up for her generally small head.
Personality: Lucy has long suffered from depression and substance abuse and she has an addictive personality, often taking far too much of anything, whether it?s good or bad for her. She has issues when being confronted about her sexuality, but is a very opinionated individual in most matters and won?t let up if you disagree with her.
History: Lucy?s history is pretty dark, as one might expect when dealing with a transgendered individual in a world that?s gotten progressively worse, especially since the wormhole event. She?s always struggled with trust and interactions with people, and her life since the event has just collapsed. The few friends she had died or were killed to had something happen to them and now she?s alone and thoroughly unprepared for this new world.
Defilers:
Manifested Appearance: Slough?s targets are always those who have issues with gender or body. It prefers those who identify as the opposite gender to their body, just so it can feel their despair as it takes whatever issues it has, and amplifies it tenfold. Someone worried about being fat would become obese, someone with bulimia would become stick thin. Transgendered people, such as in the case of Lucy, become unrecognisable. Chitinous armour covers every part of her body, and pus filled sores weep paralytics. Hands become three pronged talons and feet congeal and harden to become cloven hooves with a spur of bone jutting from the back.
I don't mean to be hurtful but your character seems a bit one note. It'd be cool if you could write something beyond "My character is a transexual/transgender" because whole it's a large one, it's still only one trait. One trait character do not tend to make for good story telling. I also think that a defiler would find it funnier to exaggerate what the person wants to be to grotesque levels.

PlastikBulb

Mar 21, 2012
Sir Strange Of The House Lycan said:
SamuelT said:
PlastikBulb said:
People
Defilers:
I don't mean to be hurtful but your character seems a bit one note. It'd be cool if you could write something beyond "My character is a transexual/transgender" because whole it's a large one, it's still only one trait. One trait character do not tend to make for good story telling. I also think that a defiler would find it funnier to exaggerate what the person wants to be to grotesque levels.
Ahh yeah yeah no worries. I've been fairly out of sorts today so I'm not going to try to force anything. I'll redo it later.

Riccan

Oct 11, 2009
Riccan said:
Is there still a possibility for this to take off?
Maybe? I don't man, if any more sheets which are good come in.
Gotcha. I was planning on submitting one, but I didn't know if this had been abandoned or not.

Aug 12, 2009
Riccan said:
Riccan said:
Is there still a possibility for this to take off?
Maybe? I don't man, if any more sheets which are good come in.
Gotcha. I was planning on submitting one, but I didn't know if this had been abandoned or not.
If you got a character idea then post it man. Maybe the activity of such a thing would bring in some bloody players.

Riccan

Oct 11, 2009
I have a few ideas, but can't quite choose. Here is one for now, so any criticism is welcomed.

Defiler:Eye

Manifested Title:The Enlightened

Domain: Defiler of Knowledge and Wisdom

Manifest Appearance: The Enlightened go through a gradual transformation that is first appearant with the formation of a third eye on their forehead. The eye itself doesn't have any noticable difference between the scolera and iris (both a deep violet), while the pupil is a jagged horizontal slit. The current Manifested mind begins to be filled with the memories, hopes, dreams, and knowledge of all of Eye's previous hosts and victims, resulting in a collapse of identity. When threatened, the third eye moves out of its socket (connected by a thick cord of muscle), inflates, and eventually tears along the pupil; creating a pseudo mouth that is then used to consume whatever being is nearby, with the eye permenantly expanding each time. After enough victims have been consumed, the Enlightened's skin begins to peel away until only bone and muscle remain; the latter of which twists and tears itself away from the former. The biomass previously consumed melds with the hosts own muscle, constantly forming and reforming in grotesque mockeries of earthly constructs; each possessing a single violet eye.

Defiler Personality: Ideas and knowledge are like wine and bread to Eye. It likes to hoard them, and will often spread lies to corrupt what others know. Eye doesn't consider itself as animalistic or sadistic as the other Defilers due to his cravings being aimed at knowledge and not domination or devastation, but that doesn't stop it from committing attrocities in it's guest for it. Eye is extremely arrogant, believing itself to be above even Defilers in sheer power and intelligence. Its arrogance leads it to prefer playing mind games with its enemies before consuming them.

Manifested Personality: The Enlightened constantly hunger for knowledge, and will often use deception (helped by their shape-shifting) to obtain it. Eye loves manipulating people for information (and spreading lies), but it will resort to directly consuming others if it must; or if the target is another manifested. By consuming the latter, Eye believes it can assimilate the knowledge of the other Defiler, or atleat its host, into itself. Whether this is true or not Eye does not know, but is eager to find out. The Enlightened's voice tends to mimic whatever form it has contorted into, but Eye will always use its real voice (a mixture of screaming and almost choir-like singing) when speaking to its host or another Defiler.

Name of Initial Host: Derrick Warrington

Appearance: Derrick was a slight man with little visible muscle and a timid air about him. He was roughly 6'0" and weighed in at an underwhelming 140 pounds. He commonly wore a pair of slacks and a buttoned shirt with an old pair of loafers. His hair was cut uncomfortably short and he often tried to wear a hat of any kind to hide it. His face was emaciated and held little confidence, more often than not found in a book or staring at the ground before him.

History:The Warrington blood pumped through Derrick in the same way that a river pumped through solid rock, which is too say not really at all. His great grandfather was a renowned general in the Reclaimation Wars*, his grandfather was the first to map out and define a theory of the connection between SNP, WNP, G, and EM that could be tested, and his father was the one assigned to test the theory. Derrick wanted to own a bookstore. This break from the vast and lofty heights of his heritage made him an outcast from his family, mainly his father. This isn't to say that Derrick was not capable, however, he was valedictorian in both high school and college and had a degree in both theoretical physics and applied mathematics. He just wanted to live quietly with his books, not make history nor redefine science.

Fate would not have it, though, and by the time he had finally worked up enough courage to stand up to his father and fullfil his dream, the work of the former tore the sky in all directions. Twisting tendrils, crushing claws, and too many terrible teeth invaded the heavens as the Defilers spilled into our reality. Derrick was just leaving his family home for the last time, eyes on the horizon, when the horizon suddenly vanished beneath a veil of primordial malice and blinding agony.

When he regained consciousness, Derrick felt as if he hadn't eaten for a life time. A gnawing hunger that made him claw with fading strength at his stomach and right as he was about to scream, he heard a sound,if it could be called that. It was more of a cacophony composed of several hundred noises from different creatures that began beating into his mind as he struggled to maintain consciousness. He felt tendrils writhing in his head as if they were searching for something deep within; his eyes and nose began to bleed as he felt his brain begin to break. Right when Derrick was about to lose consciousness, the noises seemed to mold (and in some cases, contort) into a sort of a unified chanting. A lion's roar, an angel's voice, a demon's scream, and much more could be heard intermingling as the chanting rose in volume; and poor Derrick's mind collapsed

I see all. I am all.

The center of Derrick's face caved inward with a sick, slurping sound; a bubbling violet liguid filling the cavity left. The fluid began to solidify, forming itself into a rough sphere shape, when a deep horizontal gash ripped across the center. Derrick could now truly see the world through unclouded eyes; this was only the beginning to his enlightenment, however, and his hunger needed to be sated. A couple had been watching the incident with growing terror, and were just about to flee when Derrick leaped at them with inhuman speed. The man valiently tried to protect his companion, but the moment from Derrick's jump catapulted the Enlightened's knee right into the man's skull with a solid crunch. Derrick landed a few feet behind the corpse and the woman, who was busy weeping and trying to stop the blood from pouring out of the man's head. He spun around, and pain raced through his own head as the violet eye forced itself out of its socket, growing in size as Derrick's own muscle was being broken down. The pupil-like gach widened to roughly a half-meter across, and descended upon the hysterical woman; closing and rapidly shrinkng immediately aferwards.

The sudden shrink caused the woman's body to be crushed in a rather unceremonious and quite suishy manner, with what was left of her body being quickly deconstructed and its minerals being allocated to various parts of Derrick's body; specifically the eye, which gained a permanent increase in size. The Enlightened turned and fell upon the man's corpse, consuming it in a far more conventional means.

Hours passed as Derrick hunted and consumed whatever organic creature he could. After he had eaten several thousand kilograms, his skin began to feel very hot. It was maddeningly hot, but mainly annoying. So he began to claw at himself in much the same way he had when he first began his quest for Enlightenment; but this time his flesh peeled away with little resistance. Indeed, his engorged muscles and bones were tearin his skin from the inside in much the same way his nails were from the outside.

Awaken

What was left of Derrick Warrinton began rip itself apart as the biomass from his victims broke and elongated his bones, rebuilding the muscle along the way. After about six hours, the thing that was Derrick was roughly humanoid, but its limbs would bend, fold, meld, and split from each other in random patterns; often shifting into the shape of a corresponding limb of another creature. The only thing that did not change shape was the single violet eye in the center of the Enlightened's head.
EDIT: now with actual flavor text :D.

Azkar Almsivi

Sep 3, 2012
Defiler: Sovereign

Domain: The Defiler of Subjugation

Manifested Title: The Knight

Manifested Appearance: The Knight's body calcifies as they bury themselves in the sand and soil soon after manifestation. Several hours later they emerge in the shape of a Centaur. The entire body is bare, bright red muscle covered in most areas by thickened bone plates like a insect's chitin, resembling heavy medieval armor. The head is solid smooth bone with a slit for sight. The underside of the "horse" portion can split open at the ribs like a gaping maw, the Knight lowers himself onto defeated enemies and devours them. One arm ends in a long, flat teardrop shaped "shield", while the other ends in a twisted bone lance.

Name: Benjamin Hallover

Appearance (Prior to Transmutation): Ratty, dirty jeans, missing a leg. A filthy t shirt so passed it's prime it's original colour is impossible to know. Brown putrid dishrags covering his feet. Anorexic, blind, scarred. The perfect example of the worst a homeless vagrant can possibly get without being dead already. He had ragged, matted brown hair down to his neck and a filthy tramp beard down to his collar bones. Blue eyes. No teeth. His age is roughly 54 and his height around 5,5.

Personality: Ben was miserable and depressed, eating scraps to survive and wandering around alone. But he was kind. Always trying to help others and the odd animal or insect when he could. Ben didn't blame anyone, he just figured he had bad luck, which he also didn't blame. Soft spoken and slow of movement, the man wouldn't hurt a fly.
His one vice was that he could never help anyone when it really mattered, he used to dream and fantasize about being a hero and saving people, not just abandoned people like him, but anyone. He didn't want to be important, he wanted to make the world a gentler place to help off put the nightmare.

History: Ben was a hangar worker when all hell broke loose. He lived off the land, being a bit of a paragon. One day he was near a shanty town when a large group of bandits caught him on the outskirts, they'd heard of the goodie two shoes wandering around being friendly and decided to give him a game of chance, as they were particularly sadistic. They gave him a pair of dice and a list of body parts on a piece of paper. He rolled 2, snake eyes. According to the piece of paper, he "won" eyes.

That didn't phase him at all though. About half an hour after he'd been tossed in a shallow ditch outside of town he started hearing the screams and howls from the town. Ben would have given anything to have been able to help, but by the time the blind man made it into town, it was silent. He wandered alone ever since then. Giving up on clothes, eating plants and dead animals. People avoided him, those who didn't he'd perform any task he could, refusing payment. All the while praying and pleading to something, to anything in his head. "I wish I was more useful..."
One day a voice answered back in a hideous, visceral tone in his mind...

"You will be."
This is just the rough version. Thoughts before I clean it up?

Aug 12, 2009
Riccan said:
I have a few ideas, but can't quite choose. Here is one for now, so any criticism is welcomed.

Defiler:Eye

Manifested Title:The Enlightened

Domain: Defiler of Knowledge and Wisdom

Manifest Appearance: The Enlightened go through a gradual transformation that is first appearant with the formation of a third eye on their forehead. The eye itself doesn't have any noticable difference between the scolera and iris (both a deep violet), while the pupil is a jagged horizontal slit. The current Manifested mind begins to be filled with the memories, hopes, dreams, and knowledge of all of Eye's previous hosts and victims, resulting in a collapse of identity. When threatened, the third eye moves out of its socket (connected by a thick cord of muscle), inflates, and eventually tears along the pupil; creating a pseudo mouth that is then used to consume whatever being is nearby, with the eye permenantly expanding each time. After enough victims have been consumed, the Enlightened's skin begins to peel away until only bone and muscle remain; the latter of which twists and tears itself away from the former. The biomass previously consumed melds with the hosts own muscle, constantly forming and reforming in grotesque mockeries of earthly constructs; each possessing a single violet eye.

Name of Initial Host: Derrick Warrington

Appearance: Derrick was a slight man with little visible muscle and a timid air about him. He was roughly 6'0" and weighed in at an underwhelming 140 pounds. He commonly wore a pair of slacks and a buttoned shirt with an old pair of loafers. His hair was cut uncomfortably short and he often tried to wear a hat of any kind to hide it. His face was emaciated and held little confidence, more often than not found in a book or staring at the ground before him.

History:The Warrington blood pumped through Derrick in the same way that a river pumped through solid rock, which is too say not really at all. His great grandfather was a renowned general in the Reclaimation Wars, his grandfather was the first to map out and define a theory of the connection between SNP, WNP, G, and EM that could be tested, and his father was the one assigned to test the theory. Derrick wanted to own a bookstore. This break from the vast and lofty heights of his heritage made him an outcast from his family, mainly his father. This isn't to say that Derrick was not capable, however, he was valedictorian in both high school and college and had a degree in both theoretical physics and applied mathematics. He just wanted to live quietly with his books, not make history nor redefine science.

Fate would not have it, though, and by the time he had finally worked up enough courage to stand up to his father and fullfil his dream, the work of the former tore the sky in all directions. Twisting tendrils, crushing claws, and too many terrible teeth invaded the heavens as the Defilers spilled into our reality. Derrick was just leaving his family home for the last time, eyes on the horizon, when the horizon suddenly vanished beneath a veil of primordial malice and blinding agony.
Additional Notes:Though timid, Derrick was still a Warrington and would fight for whatever he truly believed in, even if it took him time to build the nerve.
Looking pretty good, you just missed how the Defiler acts when manifested. If you could PM me about the lore you've got built there (I think it's lore anyway, I've likely missed something) So I can add it to my little lore doc, I'd appreciate it.
Azkar Almsivi said:
Defiler: Sovereign

Domain: The Defiler of Subjugation

Manifested Title: The Knight

Manifested Appearance: The Knight's body calcifies as they bury themselves in the sand and soil soon after manifestation. Several hours later they emerge in the shape of a Centaur. The entire body is bare, bright red muscle covered in most areas by thickened bone plates like a insect's chitin, resembling heavy medieval armor. The head is solid smooth bone with a slit for sight. The underside of the "horse" portion can split open at the ribs like a gaping maw, the Knight lowers himself onto defeated enemies and devours them. One arm ends in a long, flat teardrop shaped "shield", while the other ends in a twisted bone lance.

Name: Benjamin Hallover

Appearance (Prior to Transmutation): Ratty, dirty jeans, missing a leg. A filthy t shirt so passed it's prime it's original colour is impossible to know. Brown putrid dishrags covering his feet. Anorexic, blind, scarred. The perfect example of the worst a homeless vagrant can possibly get without being dead already. He had ragged, matted brown hair down to his neck and a filthy tramp beard down to his collar bones. Blue eyes. No teeth. His age is roughly 54 and his height around 5,5.

Personality: Ben was miserable and depressed, eating scraps to survive and wandering around alone. But he was kind. Always trying to help others and the odd animal or insect when he could. Ben didn't blame anyone, he just figured he had bad luck, which he also didn't blame. Soft spoken and slow of movement, the man wouldn't hurt a fly.
His one vice was that he could never help anyone when it really mattered, he used to dream and fantasize about being a hero and saving people, not just abandoned people like him, but anyone. He didn't want to be important, he wanted to make the world a gentler place to help off put the nightmare.

History: Ben was a hangar worker when all hell broke loose. He lived off the land, being a bit of a paragon. One day he was near a shanty town when a large group of bandits caught him on the outskirts, they'd heard of the goodie two shoes wandering around being friendly and decided to give him a game of chance, as they were particularly sadistic. They gave him a pair of dice and a list of body parts on a piece of paper. He rolled 2, snake eyes. According to the piece of paper, he "won" eyes.

That didn't phase him at all though. About half an hour after he'd been tossed in a shallow ditch outside of town he started hearing the screams and howls from the town. Ben would have given anything to have been able to help, but by the time the blind man made it into town, it was silent. He wandered alone ever since then. Giving up on clothes, eating plants and dead animals. People avoided him, those who didn't he'd perform any task he could, refusing payment. All the while praying and pleading to something, to anything in his head. "I wish I was more useful..."
One day a voice answered back in a hideous, visceral tone in his mind...

"You will be."
This is just the rough version. Thoughts before I clean it up?
This is pretty magnificent, but if you can clean it up/add to it, it would be nice. I especially like how well you've grasped the "Defilers are sick bastards" concept. Whilst I don't want to limit your vocabulary, and as much as I love the word, sovereign's a bit complex for the standard understanding of language. Not everybody knows what it means/have ever heard or read it, y'know?