March Mayhem 2011 Is Over, Mojang Wins!

legoland12342

Dec 18, 2009
Would anyone mind explaining to me why [my favorite developer] didn't win, and why Mojang winning a contest decided by votes is a big deal? I mean, isn't it more of a popularity contest anyway?

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Spinwhiz said:
Advertising Contract
Woah, wait. There was an advertising contract? I would have been voting for Mojang the whole time, even against Valve. They need it as an indie developer.

Hristo Tzonkov

Apr 5, 2010
Hey, guys?Was DA2 that phenomenaly bad that Bioware deserved this?

Also Minecraft doesn't have any advertisement,yes?Which is what made it such a big indie hit. Now with advertisement people will say they sold out and it will fail.Mark my bitter words!

kjh242

Jan 7, 2010
Really, with alll the hate on DA2, this was kind of TBE. Well, the last round, anyways.

GHOST001

Mar 31, 2009
First time in The Escapist's March Mayhem Developer's History that a Developer who has not released any games won the March Mayhem developer's showdown. -2011

Maur DL

Boredom Slayer
Jul 8, 2009
Where do you see how much a developer won by in the brackets? It doesn't show me a vote count anywhere...

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Mojang can piss off, they cost me most of my line-up by the third round.

However..

*Begrudged congratulations* Congrats, Mojang.

sylekage

Dec 24, 2008
Well, Congrats Mojang you did it. And what I mean by It is completely ruined my bracket.

But all's fair and you came out on top, I tip my hat to you. Good day sir!

ronald1840

Oct 4, 2010
HankMan said:
Better see what all the fuss was about.
*Of to download Minecraft.*
Worgen said:
there is still not reason majong should have beat valve or nintendo
Because no one played Alien Swarm and we're all still sore over Metroid other M? Apparently it's supposed to be about who was best this year, not overall.

But...but why did everyone forget "THIS"? ^^ Its recent too :(.

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
Grats Mojang, glad to see them stuff it in the big guys faces! Maybe others will take note.

People sure are getting bent out of shape over this crap, it's just a voting competition people, no need to get the panties in a tussle. I am happy to see the underdog pull through though, maybe this will get them to redouble their efforts into finishing this game finally!

DaHero

Jan 10, 2011
*insert sarcasm about how I would have never known*

*insert generic "half-a-game" argument*

*insert rant about Valve's older titles on a contest about 2010 developers*

*insert rant about some multiplayer based FPS game that should have won, even though it was only half a game itself*

*insert rage about how Mojang should be trolled to death*

Did I miss one?

Levethian

Nov 22, 2009
Well done Mojang!

They won an advertising contract?
What are they going to advertise?...

May 20, 2009
Mojang? The Minecraft dudes? Why? Mmmh...I dunno about this...with the other contenders and all...mmh something feels off...oh well, who cares I don't even remember what the prizes were. Is Minecraft really that fun? I dunno cuz I never played.