March Mayhem 2011 Is Over, Mojang Wins!

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
So in the end, you're telling me that a company that has only released a shitty, half-finished Lego simulator beta beat out even a company that has a record as being one of the best developers in the business?

Its things like this that prove something is very wrong with the world.

Maphysto

Dec 11, 2010
Paragon Fury said:
So in the end, you're telling me that a company that has only released a shitty, half-finished Lego simulator beta beat out even a company that has a record as being one of the best developers in the business?

Its things like this that prove something is very wrong with the world.
Actually, I was thinking that the people who ***** about an underdog indie developer with a bright future winning was proof something was wrong.

Im Nightmare

Mar 16, 2010
suitepee7 said:
Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon said:
I am still very annoyed about the result, I honestly would of preferred pretty much anyone else winning. But, lets not get into that. Well done *Grumble* Mojang...
this is an example of how people who did not support mojang should react.

Im Nightmare said:
Mojang is not or ever will be the best developer for anything.
this is not.

to all, if your favorite did not win, don't be a sore loser.

OT: congrats to mojang! wasn't my favorite by far, but i'm not annoyed at them winning. good to see a complete underdog take victory like that
^-^
It has nothing to do with my favorite.I voted for the best developers. My personal favorite developer is Blizzard (see icon) I still Voted for Bioware over them cause I believe they are the better developer.

There is no reason why Mojang should have made it past the first round besides the amount of fanboys.

marurder

Jul 26, 2009
Looks like casual gaming is on the up and up. I am happy they won. The ting with minecraft is there is no clear line between 'casual' and 'hardcore' It's all a matter of how much time you put into it.
Nintendo didn't deserve to win imo. So it is rather a mute issue of Nintendo iz betta!
Feel bad for Bioware, I liked them, Blizzard didn't deserve it. Valve is good... Meh, everyone has opinions :)

Grabbin Keelz

Jun 3, 2009
Worgen said:
there is still not reason majong should have beat valve or nintendo
Seriously, I know Minecraft is awesome and all, but Valve made tons of amazing games. And Nintendo practically built half our childhoods, and your gonna choose Mojang regardless?

Sorry Worgen, I just had a lot of pent up rage from that and I had to quote the first guy that agreed with me.

RandallJohn

Aug 21, 2010
I'm overjoyed.

Not because Mojang won (I'm actually not too happy about that,) but because maybe now we'll be rid of all of the fanboys... or at least they'll quiet down a bit. :p

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Grabbin Keelz said:
Worgen said:
there is still not reason majong should have beat valve or nintendo
Seriously, I know Minecraft is awesome and all, but Valve made tons of amazing games. And Nintendo practically built half our childhoods, and your gonna choose Mojang regardless?

Sorry Worgen, I just had a lot of pent up rage from that and I had to quote the first guy that agreed with me.
no worries, you should have heard me when they beat out valve, its still bullshit, I mean minecraft is awesome but its still in beta, majang shouldnt have been in this contest at all since the game technically isnt released yet

Decagonapus

Jun 30, 2010
Grats to Mojang. I'm glad to see a new, startup studio with some actual creativity become this popular. I hope their new game will be as well done as their first and that their first will become polished enough to stand the test of time.

You'd almost thing us gamer (hate that term) types were the angriest, most discontented people in the world.

Please people... Be happy that we have choice and variety and freedom.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
I'm being completely honest and not trying to diss anyone (seriously).

But have I missed something? Is Minecraft like... -AMAZING- or something? (never played it)

awesome_ninja

Mar 2, 2011
Duncan Belfast said:
awesome_ninja said:
pft....pathetic
I never wanted to play minecraft and never will.... GMOD is 10 times better than this
/me blames fanboys *rolleyes*
You are aware that you can't truly assess the quality of something you've never tried, right?

This is bothering me more than it should. There are people out there that actually think they can form opinions about things they've never tried. Where did you even get the multiple of 10 from? How can you assign a value to something you haven't measured?

This is very troubling. What if people applied this kind of thinking to real life? What if a doctors gave a diagnosis without actually seeing the patient? What if juries found defendants without hearing their cases? What if airline pilots attempted to fly without communicating with other pilots and air traffic control? What if voters arbitrarily decided which party to vote for, without considering either party's stance on current issues?

Does this mean you have to play MineCraft? Only if you want to form an opinion about it in relation to other games. Can you not play it, saying it's probably not for you? Absolutely. Did I need to write an essay about the importance of forming opinions based on information? The line of thinking in your post says yes.

/sperg
ok, you know what? I did play minecraft, ok? I didn't buy it, but I chose not to buy it because:
1) It has no updated demo
2) It isn't even complete
3) It has no story
4) I already own GMOD which is more advanced

Sorry, but Mass Effect 2 is a gazillion times better than this. Minecraft is ok, but it's nothing more than pixel art....
I can't even get it how people can love ....this....this....crap.

Also, THIS:
Im Nightmare said:
There is no reason why Mojang should have made it past the first round besides the amount of fanboys.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Well, thank God that's over.

Now hopefully everyone can go back to being mildly intelligent and somewhat reasonable.

*reads thread*

Heh. Wishful thinking on my part apparently.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
awesome_ninja said:
pft....pathetic
I never wanted to play minecraft and never will.... GMOD is 10 times better than this
/me blames fanboys *rolleyes*
The irony... it is painful...

And way to judge something you've never played. You're definitely in a place to say that GMod is better if you don't even know what you're comparing it to.

Also, GMod wasn't even made by Valve. That's why it's a mod.

Go Mojang. It's great to see someone recognized for doing something great, even though it was almost completely based on popularity.

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
SteewpidZombie said:
The dumbest statement I've read is people saying about Bioware is that "Oh DragonAge2 sucked, so Bioware deserved to lose!"...really?...then I guess Minecraft should have lost because they haven't actually developed a single completed game, Valve should have won because they only make successful games, Blizzard lost because they don't really make anything original anymore, and Bungie lost because they can't make anything aside from Halo, and OH! don't forget, Nintendo only makes Nintendo games!

Plus, DA2 wasn't that bad. People are just complaining because DA2 tried to change and improve on the game, yet just because they don't like the way things turned out they have to throw a temper tantrum and bang their fists on the ground like spoiled children. Maybe I should also point out all the hundreds of flaws with Call of Duty, Halo, Gears of War, Half Life 2, and so on and ect.

Bottom Line: Just because you didn't like the game it doesn't mean that everyone does. Plus ONE failure by a great publisher will just turn into a better success now that they will know what NOT to do for the next title. (Also, you need to consider that NO game developer can make ONLY good games. Everyone makes at least 1 or 2 bad games if they make a bunch of them, I bet Mojang will even slip up considering that Minecraft could pretty much a one-hit wonder that they got lucky and developed first).

However I do agree that this entire bracket had NOTHING to do with the quality of a Publisher or their content, but rather by how POPULAR they are. And considering that the majority of Bioware gamers are 'Hardcore' or 'RPG/Adventure' gamers (Plus even if every serious gamer in the world voted for Bioware, Casual gamers will always be the majority). I can also understand how the vast number of 'Casual' gamers decided to vote for the extremely casual Minecraft.
Haha you're right, Nintendo DOES only make Nintendo games. That's probably why they're called Nintendo.

Idocreating

Apr 16, 2009
The only company in the March Mayhem that hasn't fully completed a single gsme wins it.

Clearly, logic is short supply.