March Mayhem 2011 Is Over, Mojang Wins!

Avaloner

Oct 21, 2007
Balobo said:
I'm just saying that people may find enjoyment in different things than you. They might not find it to be a chore. Also, your point about flash games is heavily flawed, considering that flash games don't require money and don't require registration, making them accessible by just clicking your mouse. They also, arguably, lack the amount of depth in Minecraft.
Alright, seeing your last few posts and this I just think you run around, throwing "maybe's" and "if's" around.
People like different things based on "opinions", of course everyones entitled to one, the problem I have got with your opinion is, that its not based on any facts, I'm almost sure noone enjoys the clicking and constantly whacking of a shovel or a pickax.
Of course people enjoy to build stuff and blow stuff up, but that part of the "game" doesn't make for the work you have to put into it.

I don't however see how our argument holds with the flash games, some of them have quiet some depth, well seeing as minecraft has almost no depth at all thats not hard, as I mentioned before I could care less if Steve constantly dies from high falls, its just annoying to recollect the stuff and start again..its an annoyance to die, nothing else, I'm just angry that I need to go there and get my stuff, I'm not angry that I died.

However, just imagen that I would have just to pay a little amount of money a Dollar/Euro maybe for one game, I sure would play it just to "check" it out and it would be well deserving to play "crush the castle", I mean thats the catch with minecraft aswell isn't it...you pay just to check it out, because everyone and their Mom is all over that game.

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
Avaloner said:
Balobo said:
I'm just saying that people may find enjoyment in different things than you. They might not find it to be a chore. Also, your point about flash games is heavily flawed, considering that flash games don't require money and don't require registration, making them accessible by just clicking your mouse. They also, arguably, lack the amount of depth in Minecraft.
Alright, seeing your last few posts and this I just think you run around, throwing "maybe's" and "if's" around.
People like different things based on "opinions", of course everyones entitled to one, the problem I have got with your opinion is, that its not based on any facts, I'm almost sure noone enjoys the clicking and constantly whacking of a shovel or a pickax.
Of course people enjoy to build stuff and blow stuff up, but that part of the "game" doesn't make for the work you have to put into it.

I don't however see how our argument holds with the flash games, some of them have quiet some depth, well seeing as minecraft has almost no depth at all thats not hard, as I mentioned before I could care less if Steve constantly dies from high falls, its just annoying to recollect the stuff and start again..its an annoyance to die, nothing else, I'm just angry that I need to go there and get my stuff, I'm not angry that I died.

However, just imagen that I would have just to pay a little amount of money a Dollar/Euro maybe for one game, I sure would play it just to "check" it out and it would be well deserving to play "crush the castle", I mean thats the catch with minecraft aswell isn't it...you pay just to check it out, because everyone and their Mom is all over that game.
Lol your opinion is not made up of facts either, only assumptions :p I like exploring and collecting stuff, idk if you like it too but whatever.

Minecraft has no depth? Lmao, care to elaborate?

Avaloner

Oct 21, 2007
I know it took some time to reply *cough* but anyway

Balobo said:
Lol your opinion is not made up of facts either, only assumptions :p I like exploring and collecting stuff, idk if you like it too but whatever.
There is a difference between*" Du'h I just like the game*" and "Look here are the arguments against it, any comments on it?*".

Untill now you still haven't answered any questions I asked you, do you enjoy whacking your way, hours upon hours, trough the game, just to gather a few resources, are there different things to see you do not see anywhere else or is the game drawing you in with interesting story arcs or anything else?

Well I guess all of those answers sadly have to be no.

Balobo said:
Are you seriously asking this?
The world of minecraft basically has NO story, there are no scripted events, no Npc's not one spoken or written word.

Thats why minecraft is shallow, its a big sandbox, nothing more, a sandbox to play around with it, sure you can build..you can blow up, but nothing happens, unless you make something happen.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Avaloner said:
The world of minecraft basically has NO story, there are no scripted events, no Npc's not one spoken or written word.

Thats why minecraft is shallow, its a big sandbox, nothing more, a sandbox to play around with it, sure you can build..you can blow up, but nothing happens, unless you make something happen.
This is the issue I have with the term "depth" - nobody ever clarifies whether they mean story depth or gameplay depth. I'd say Balobo was probably talking about the latter, what with Minecraft's lack of story, but I'm not gonna chime in on this debate since I can't see it going anywhere.

Avaloner

Oct 21, 2007
OhJohnNo said:
This is the issue I have with the term "depth" - nobody ever clarifies whether they mean story depth or gameplay depth. I'd say Balobo was probably talking about the latter, what with Minecraft's lack of story, but I'm not gonna chime in on this debate since I can't see it going anywhere.
The question here is, what is "gameplay" depth, is Minecraft "deep" because you can change the surroundings?
I wouldn't say so, because we would have one pissed of Newton, if we showed him the physics in the game.A game isn't drawing me in, simply because I just can change everything about it, Minecraft is and stays a tool to maybe vent your creative spirit, which is great for you, but that still doesn't mean it should be allowed among big franchises, which was still the main point, Minecraft is simply to less of a game to even deserve getting into the roster.

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
Avaloner said:
I know it took some time to reply *cough* but anyway

Balobo said:
There is a difference between*" Du'h I just like the game*" and "Look here are the arguments against it, any comments on it?*".

Untill now you still haven't answered any questions I asked you, do you enjoy whacking your way, hours upon hours, trough the game, just to gather a few resources, are there different things to see you do not see anywhere else or is the game drawing you in with interesting story arcs or anything else?

Well I guess all of those answers sadly have to be no.
No, I don't enjoy whacking my way hours upon hours, I enjoy exploring and discovering new places (which there are an unlimited number of) and finding new structures of caves, islands, mountains, etc. to go exploring in and defending myself from monsters and other stuff like that. Once multiplayer stability improves, I think it will be even more fun.
Balobo said:
Balobo said:
Just because it isn't an interactive book or movie doesn't make it shallow :p

Balobo said:
So because you can harvest new minerals and there's no story, it's shallow?