March Mayhem, go f*** yourself

Jailbird408

Jan 19, 2011
You know what? I don't care about March Mayhem anymore. After the fiasco that happened last year, I just can't trust it. How the hell am I supposed to accept the opinion of a system that puts the creators of the Wii behind the creators of ONE GAME that wasn't even technically released at that time? Yes, Minecraft is a great game, but Super Mario is ten of them!
I'm not going to bother filling out a bracket this year. I already know that I'm going to be completely and totally wrong. And the prize is an Origin PC? Forgive me for not being wise to the gaming PC scene, but I don't really think I want one that badly. They're not going to ship it to Australia, so what's the point?
Also, how did Valve lose last year? They're like Nintendo, except even more people love them.

Oh, by the way, no I can't post into the March Mayhem forums, despite one thread encouraging me to reply to it. Posting is disabled for some stupid reason.

MrTub

Mar 12, 2009
Why do you not want a decent pc?

Is it cause it has origin in the name so you think its from EA?

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
Well, last March Minecraft was out. It may have been in beta but there were millions of people playing it so I would say that's good enough. Atleast it wasn't like Skyrim where everyone was screaming "Game of the Year" before anyone had played it.

However, given the performance of this site, I doubt it can survive March Mayhem this year.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
If you don't care, why did you create a thread about it?

/trollface

Okay okay, I'm not being fair. You're simply expressing your reasons why you don't care about it this year. Yes it's all about what's popular at the time, but the same can be said for just about any contest. That's why I've never paid that close attention to such things.

As for myself, I'm just going to ignore it like I do every year. Let other people have fun with their little flame wars if that's what they really want.

MrTub

Mar 12, 2009
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Tubez said:
Why do you not want a decent pc?

Is it cause it has origin in the name so you think its from EA?
1) Build up the PC, format the hard drive

2) Reinstall Windows, leave Origin away

3) Either buy a new cheap case or laugh your ass off every time you look at your PC because those suckers at EA gave you a kickass PC and now you refuse to use Origin and buy EA games.

Thats what I would do anyway.

OT: March Madness? What? Where? Where is the party? Fucking hell, count on those cunts not to invite me. Assholes.

(No seriously. Where the hell is it going down. And I dont give a fuck if Mojang won it last time, tough shit, Minecraft was great.)
The thing is... Origin pc is not a pc made by EA.
http://www.originpc.com/

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
Jailbird408 said:
You know what? I don't care about March Mayhem anymore. After the fiasco that happened last year, I just can't trust it. How the hell am I supposed to accept the opinion of a system that puts the creators of the Wii behind the creators of ONE GAME that wasn't even technically released at that time? Yes, Minecraft is a great game, but Super Mario is ten of them!
I'm not going to bother filling out a bracket this year. I already know that I'm going to be completely and totally wrong. And the prize is an Origin PC? Forgive me for not being wise to the gaming PC scene, but I don't really think I want one that badly. They're not going to ship it to Australia, so what's the point?
Also, how did Valve lose last year? They're like Nintendo, except even more people love them.
Nyeah. I understand the frustration. The thing is, people don't look at an analytical breakdown of what company made the most consistently outstanding games. Rather, what comes to mind is the thing that's been dominating peoples's lives recently. I mean, people who voted for mojang may have only spent 10% of the time they've spent playing Nintendo games in their whole lives playing Minecraft, but Minecraft was crammed into the past year.

I generally find results to be unsatisfying.

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
I'm really confused. I thought March something had to do with basketball?

SilverKyo

Apr 15, 2009
I've been saying things along these lines for the past 3 "march mayhems". I'm just going to completely avoid this site for a month and play catch up when it's over. Enjoy your excrement party escapist.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Well more room for us having whatever more chance of us winning that pc (but it's still very slim) then.
Seriously ever heard of "if you hate something, just step away and move on"? No need to make a thread on why you hate it simple because March Mayhem seen to be more of popular vote type of current thread?

Valanthe

Sep 24, 2009
Wait, people take March Mayhem seriously enough to be -surprised- that it's just a popularity contest?

Who knew?

On topic: Wait... I really have nothing more to add to this discussion, so here's a pic!

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
Wait wait wait! Hold the phone! You mean that a popularity contest isn't being judged based on quality?! Stop the freaking presses!

No, seriously, you're surprised about this? Have you never seen a popularity contest before? Not even once?

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Valanthe said:
Wait, people take March Mayhem seriously enough to be -surprised- that it's just a popularity contest?

Who knew?

On topic: Wait... I really have nothing more to add to this discussion, so here's a pic!

Aris Khandr said:
Wait wait wait! Hold the phone! You mean that a popularity contest isn't being judged based on quality?! Stop the freaking presses!

No, seriously, you're surprised about this? Have you never seen a popularity contest before? Not even once?
I must second these posts on both the basis that I agree with them and that they both have avatars featuring the best pony (IMO of course).

March Mayhem is supposed to be a bit of fun for the community. It's not like we're voting for the the presidential offices of the world. We're simply voting for what game companies we like more. If you're upset because Mojang won it last year due to it having a quite large fan base, then I must question what you do with your life in order for something that minuscule to still be bothering you.