Marin Announced as DLC for Hyrule Warriors on Wii U, 3DS

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Marin Announced as DLC for Hyrule Warriors on Wii U, 3DS

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1303/1303410.png

Marin from Link's Awakening has been announced as upcoming Hyrule Warriors Legends DLC.

Nintendo has announced that Marin, the charming ginger Zelda doppelganger from the 1993 Game Boy title The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, will be making her way to Hyrule Warriors on both the Wii U and 3DS in the form of downloadable content. Marin will be available in the second pack of DLC, the "Link's Awakening Pack," which is expected to release sometime this summer. In addition to Marin, the pack will also include 16 new "My Fairy" costume pieces, a new Adventure Mode map with two new challenge scenarios, and a new Linkle weapon.

Hyrule Legends Warriors, the 3DS port of 2014 Wii U title Hyrule Warriors, released on March 25, earning 3 out of 5 stars from The Escapist [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/moviesandtv/reviews/16947-Hyrule-Warriors-Legends-Review#&gid=gallery_6069&pid=1]. From our review: "Hyrule Warriors Legends should have been made a new 3DS exclusive, as the performance issues on the older system make the game nearly unplayable. However, the new characters, and the ability to swap fluidly between playable characters, make the game feel more fresh than a standard port."

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/713902200120979460]

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
I remember having a huge crush on her when I was 8

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
A very unexpected addition from my favorite Zelda game. Shame I never picked Hyrule Warriors up.

william1657

Scout
Mar 12, 2015
Really, more DLC?
A big part of what I liked about Legends is that it was supposed to have all the DLC from the original included.

Between this and the 3DS performance I'm just going to wait and hope they release Xtreme Legends or something like that later on.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
She will probably transform into a seagull and drop things on enemies. Or grab them with a giant crane game, or get a giant walrus to roll on them.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
How will this work??? Marin was very much a non-combatant. Her claim to fame is singing.
So was Agitha.

Also, Shiek's main weapon is a harp. Plus some concept art, even her trophy in SSBM, shows Marin with a harp. Could be a different weapon but I assume that'll be her weapon.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
RaikuFA said:
canadamus_prime said:
How will this work??? Marin was very much a non-combatant. Her claim to fame is singing.
So was Agitha.

Also, Shiek's main weapon is a harp. Plus some concept art, even her trophy in SSBM, shows Marin with a harp. Could be a different weapon but I assume that'll be her weapon.
Touche. However somehow Marin is even less believable than Agatha. I mean Agatha attacks with bugs, what's Marin going to do? Sing at them?

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
RaikuFA said:
canadamus_prime said:
So was Agitha.

Touche. However somehow Marin is even less believable than Agatha. I mean Agatha attacks with bugs, what's Marin going to do? Sing at them?
My guess is a harp like Shiek since some art shows her with one.