Mario Galaxy Medley Showcases Mad Music Talent

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Mario Galaxy Medley Showcases Mad Music Talent

You've never heard Super Mario Galaxy like this before.

Fan performances of game music are often hit-or-miss, but occasionally one will surface that makes us all stop and take pause. Case in point: the Super Mario Galaxy Medley as performed by <a href=http://www.diwadeleon.com/index.html>Diwa de Leon, which is simultaneously haunting and entertaining.

The video features de Leon singing multiple parts of a capella arrangements, as well as playing the violin, hegalong (a two-string guitar native to the Philippines), djembe, tambourine, and guitar. His performances of the Super Mario Galaxy Theme, "Gusty Garden Galaxy", "Dusty Dune Galaxy", "Storytime (Rosalina)", and "Fire/Ice Mario" pretty darn unique, not to mention that they're nice to listen to.

Diwa de Leon is a musician based out of the Philippines and has been working professionally for over a decade. His work spans a wide variety of projects, including movies and television. Maybe Nintendo should consider hiring him for one of their upcoming projects.

Source: Geeks Are Sexy

technoted

Nov 9, 2009
I have to say that I was only watching it to mock, however it turned out to be pretty damn good, as apposed to most of the terrible crap found on Youtube.

d3structor

Jul 28, 2009
To be honest I like this Zelda one better
but that may be because I just like the music in zelda better...

royohz

Official punching bag!
Jul 23, 2009
d3structor said:
To be honest I like this Zelda one better
Too bad the flute is a bit off. Otherwise pure awesome.

The Super Mario Galaxy medley is also good, but the violin kind of ruined it for me.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Wow. That is the best thing I've seen in a long time.

d3structor said:
Well lucky for you, this guy did a Zelda one too-

ahiddenfigure

Hunter of Monsters
Sep 14, 2009
Pure awesome. He should do his own cover of the actual a-cappella Mario theme from Super Mario Sunshine.