Mario Joins NASCAR

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
So I can either watch an image of Mario do 200 left turns or just play one of his wonderful SNES titles? Well I think the choice is clear.

Burn in hell nascar.

tim98042

Mar 17, 2010
Gigaguy64 said:
This is Awesome!
While im a fan of Jeff Gorden ill keep my eye on #20 this Saturday.
yeah me too jeff rules, and anyway its only the nationwide series this weekend so even more chance just to sit down and concentrate on watching mr mario being driven around by Joey. lol

P.S. I love nascar and im from the UK. My dad's a big Dale Jr fan as he watched nascar back in the Dale Sr era, so i caught the bug off him i suppose.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
tim98042 said:
Gigaguy64 said:
This is Awesome!
While im a fan of Jeff Gorden ill keep my eye on #20 this Saturday.
yeah me too jeff rules, and anyway its only the nationwide series this weekend so even more chance just to sit down and concentrate on watching mr mario being driven around by Joey. lol

P.S. I love nascar and im from the UK. My dad's a big Dale Jr fan as he watched nascar back in the Dale Sr era, so i caught the bug off him i suppose.
Hahaha!
That's cool!
I grew up with Jeff fans so i guess it rubbed off on me.
:p

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Blue shells and Item boxes or GTFO.

Seriously, though, it's not exactly their target audience there...Gaming + Soda/snack foods, sure, but NASCAR? A sport so lame pong seems like a Die Hard movie by comparison? And it's not like we the gamers will see the race to support the damn thing--we'll be too busy, I dunno, Gaming. Talk about an odd match...

Zetona

Dec 20, 2008
ColdStorage said:
Zetona said:
Dioxide20 said:
Can't stand NASCAR, way to long and boring...

Interesting that Gamestop/Nintendo would invest money into something that only a select group watches.
Just to throw this out there, NASCAR apparently has the best brand loyalty in American sports. And a Nationwide Series telecast like this one will probably draw a million viewers.
Does Juan Pablo Montoya still race in NASCAR?, he was pretty handy in F1, almost won the championship.
He does, but he hasn't won a race since his rookie season in '07.

BabySinclair

Apr 15, 2009
He should start in the rear and instantly get a bullet bill, or lightning, and just run everyone else over and pray none of them can get the blue shell in 200+ laps

Dioxide20

Aug 11, 2009
RAKtheUndead said:
Dioxide20 said:
Dogmeat T Dingo said:
Dioxide20 said:
Can't stand NASCAR, way to long and boring...

Interesting that Gamestop/Nintendo would invest money into something that only a select group watches.
I've tried to like car racing, I really have. I have a friend who used to work on one of the teams and is mad about it, and he's taken me to the V8 Supercars before. I just can't find a way to enjoy it, I know there's a ton of endurance and skill involved and the cars themselves are impressive but to me it's just people driving on a circular track for hours on end, while everyone sits in the heat watching them.
Exactly, it's a sport of people driving in circles for hours, the only time it gets interesting is the final few laps...
Dogmeat T Dingo, I'll give you an easy time, because even though I hate that argument against motor racing, at least you gave it some attention before deciding that it wasn't for you.

As for Dioxide20, you don't get off so easy. You are indicative of exactly who I targeted with this article [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.198484-Probing-The-Inaccuracies-Motorsport].
I don't consider that NASCAR. I must admit that this type of racing takes a great deal of skill, and I would probably actually enjoy watching parts of that. I don't like NASCAR because it is 100+ laps of nothing but left turns...

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
So is Nintendo also sponsoring this or is Gamestop declaring their unbridled love for all things N and Mario?
This may make watching Nascar worthwhile, laying bets on when the car wipes out and Mario gets smeared all over the asphalt.
"The Princess is on another track. Maybe Talladega."
Addendum: Any bets Luigi gets dissed, again?

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
Unlike some others here, I'm not surprised by this. Fans of NASCAR are also people who could be interested in casual gaming, but have never considered it. This means instead of preaching to the choir, they are going for the unconverted. Even if they only get a 5% response rate from the NASCAR audience, thats still a lot of sales.

ThyNameIsMud said:
If the Mario car crashes into the Shell car I will die laughing.
You owe me a new keyboard!

Caradinist

Nov 19, 2009
Did someone make a joke about the car going left instead of righ-

Oh, damn.

Well, the car is missing a few red shells.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
theSchlub said:
Misterian said:
What's next? they make a Bowser version of Truckasaurus?
HELL YES! FUND IT NOW!
Seriously. That would be AWESOME.

Then the Mario car ramps over it to an ax, and the Bowser Truckasaurus falls into a pit of lava.

IT WOULD BE AWESOME.

Daipire

Oct 25, 2009
I'd love to finally see Mario crash and burn.

(Has anyone made that joke already?)