Mario Kart 8 Is the Fastest Selling Wii U Game Ever

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Fuescma said:
Them making a profit though...? I don't know...they might be making something, but I doubt it's the kind of profits that investors are hoping for. They still have Smash Bros though, so who knows!
I think Nintendo are likely to make a profit whatever happens, but it might not be the same amount of money they could get from investing it elsewhere.

Are Nintendo privately owned? It would alleviate them from investor pressure

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I was expecting to see the 1.2 million figure in the title instead, fastest-selling Wii U game isn't that catchy or inspiring. Still good news though, I've heard it's an excellent game thus this is well-deserved.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
Funny what offering a free game will do. Pikmin 3 (which was one of the games I bought the system for), Wii Party U (which looks like a good party game), Super Mario Bros U (would prefer Super Mario World U), and Wind Waker HD (a beautiful remake). All solid choices. I personally used it by trading in my physical copy of Pikmin 3 to buy it for about half price, and then getting a digital copy of Pikmin 3 in the process.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I'm enjoying it so far, a lot. And to get the 3 stars on every singleplayer map is pretty easy on 50 and 100cc I've got myself a real challenge at 150 :/
Got to keep going!

Also, for anyone interested in multiplayer onlone with fellow escapists.
get yourselves to the user group called "WiiU Online Multiplayer" :D

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
BrotherRool said:
Fuescma said:
Them making a profit though...? I don't know...they might be making something, but I doubt it's the kind of profits that investors are hoping for. They still have Smash Bros though, so who knows!
I think Nintendo are likely to make a profit whatever happens, but it might not be the same amount of money they could get from investing it elsewhere.

Are Nintendo privately owned? It would alleviate them from investor pressure
No, Nintendo is a publicly traded company, they just ignore investors since investors in Japan don't have as much leeway as they do in the US. I've seen some peoria before state how Nintendo should go to being privately owned like how Valve is, but that's a terrible idea I say because that would just hurt Nintendo in the long run rather than help it. Not to mention that if that happened, I'd expect the ghost of Hiroshi Yamauchi to descend from the heavens and haunt Iwata for the rest of his life. Yamauchi's family would probably also be pissed.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Dexterity said:
It's such a shame that people don't seem to be very aware of Bayonetta 2, X and Monster Hunter 4.

The Wii U has a big lineup of games. The only reason it didn't sell well was because it took the console an entire year to get more than 2 games worth buying.
Oh people are aware of those games. They just don't want to buy a Wii U for them. Monster Hunter has always done much better on handheld than on console so people will buy it for the 3DS over the Wii U. And people who want Bayonetta 2 are for the most party in the category of not really caring about most 1st party Nintendo franchises and probably won't buy a console to play the one exclusive game aimed at an older audience.

Sheen Lantern said:
This and Smash Bros. 4 will shift a lot of Wii U consoles, no doubt.
People have said that for literally every major Wii U 1st party title that's come out so far. What makes you so sure that Smach Bros will move what units Super Mario 3D World?

Sheen Lantern

May 13, 2013
AzrealMaximillion said:
What makes you so sure that Smach Bros will move what units Super Mario 3D World?
If you could reword that into a coherent sentence it'll be easier for me to give you an answer.