Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Receives August Release Date

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Receives August Release Date

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team is still a ways off, but at least now we have a solid release date for the 3DS title.

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team is the latest entry in that odd side series of Mario Bros. titles that are almost roleplaying games, and almost action-platformers, but are also definitely descended from Super Mario Bros. This trend began with Super Mario RPG on the SNES and the titles that followed have been uniformly great, even if they've never found the same success as the core Super Mario entries.

Long story short, you should be excited for the 3DS' upcoming Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, which is actually kind of a cruel suggestion on my part as this morning's Nintendo Direct conference revealed that the game won't arrive until August 11. Sure, it's great that we've now got a solid date to mark on our calendars, but that's only slightly less than six months away.

Nintendo, don't you realize what the internet has done to our collective attention span? We're no better than gnats at this point, and teasing us with more inventive Super Mario Bros. spinoffs six months in advance is only going to cause your audience to gnash their teeth and wail in anguish as the days slowly tick by. Some may even have forgotten about Mario & Luigi: Dream Team by the time August 11 arrives, so in a way you're shooting yourself in the brightly-colored, family-friendly foot here.

Not us though. Never us. We'll remember Nintendo. We promise. (This is where you imagine me blowing a wistful kiss toward whichever direction Japan is in.)

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I can't wait for this game. Seriously, the Nintendo Direct this time was the best I have ever seen. I am so happy that I will be able to play this game when it's released on July 12th, it will proably have to compete with Mystery Dungeon though...

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
YES, yes, Alphadream! Save us from Intelligent Systems!

The game's weird graphics look a lot better than they did in the last preview. I'm absolutely hyped for this.

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
Naaa nanana nana na na na Katamari Lui-gi!

Don't tell me you weren't all hearing that in your head.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I doubt it ever surpasses or equals the geniusness of Bowser's Inside Story, but considering I've never been dissapointed by any Mario & Luigi game, or any Mario RPG ever, this game officially has my interest.

SoulSalmon

Sep 27, 2010
6 months? don't scare me like that >.<

We're roughly halfway through April (0.5)then there's May (+1 = 1.5) June (+1 = 2.5) July (+1=3.5) and then it's August (+0.5 = 4)
Something really important happens for me at the beginning of September and if that was 7 months away I'm not sure I'd survive.

Anyway, I'm cautiously optimistic. I bought Sticker Star on release and it was a huge let-down, it's gonna be hard to top Bowsers Inside Story but this doesn't really need to be 'better' then BIS it just needs to be good.

McMarbles said:
Naaa nanana nana na na na Katamari Lui-gi!

Don't tell me you weren't all hearing that in your head.
Well I am now.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Neat, I really like this series, so I hope it turns out good.
Aiddon said:
very interesting. Looks like Nintendo is going to have a strong year
Yeah, up until this year, I found the 3DS to be rather disappointing, but things are really picking up.

Secretly hoping for some Metroid love. A 2.5D sidescroller would be neat. Or a successor to the Prime series.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
chimpzy said:
Neat, I really like this series, so I hope it turns out good.
Aiddon said:
very interesting. Looks like Nintendo is going to have a strong year
Yeah, up until this year, I found the 3DS to be rather disappointing, but things are really picking up.

Secretly hoping for some Metroid love. A 2.5D sidescroller would be neat. Or a successor to the Prime series.
Yeah, Nintendo's looking especially good this considering they have basically promised to announced that they turned the moon into chocolate at E3

(New Mario, Smash Bros. screens, SMTxFireEmblem, New monolith RPG etc. etc.)

while the breadth of Msoft and Sony's announcements are looking to be

"look how great our new consoles that have no games are"

...I mean that's usually how new console E3s go.