Mario Maker Lets You Make Custom Mario Levels

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Mario Maker Lets You Make Custom Mario Levels

Mario Maker lets players make levels for the original Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros. U.

Read Full Article

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
So that leak was right. I found it funny how quickly people where saying that the Mario Maker was photoshoped and it wasn't real. :p

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Romhacking: The Game

Wait... is this the hyped up "original IP" that Miyamoto was working on?

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
This would've been a great game, if this was on the N64 and ROM Editors hadn't been around for ages.

It's kinda how I feel about Nintendo's recent software output in all honesty.

Mid Boss

Aug 20, 2012
azurine said:
Admittedly, there's been a market for such a thing for at least a decade.
Sadly, a decade is generally how long it takes for Nintendo to realize there's a market.

This looks like fun. I hope they have all the old power ups and yoshi riding! :D

themilo504

May 9, 2010
TerribleAssassin said:
This would've been a great game, if this was on the N64 and ROM Editors hadn't been around for ages.

It's kinda how I feel about Nintendo's recent software output in all honesty.
I expect this game to be a lot more accessible and easier to use than a rom editior.

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
themilo504 said:
I expect this game to be a lot more accessible and easier to use than a rom editior.
Nope, Mario Maker is basically Lunar Magic in all but name. And I have a feeling Mario Maker will put unnecessary caps on number of enemies and stuff, unlike Lunar Magic.

themilo504

May 9, 2010
TerribleAssassin said:
themilo504 said:
Nope, Mario Maker is basically Lunar Magic in all but name. And I have a feeling Mario Maker will put unnecessary caps on number of enemies and stuff, unlike Lunar Magic.
Eh I never used lunar magic so I can?t really judge, I still think a lot of people will prefer the official level creator if only because it?s on a console not a pc.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
RatherDull said:
Congratulations! You've accomplished what PC gamers accomplished two decades ago...
Indeed. What are those completely insane rom-hack designs called, the ones that have no mercy and leave no leeway at all? Kaizo levels, right?

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
this wouldnt been impressive like, 20 years ago, seriously at this point any half-assed programmer can make a mario clone with a level editor and upload it to the internet

LBP's level creation tool is more robust and impressive, not limited by a single plane, and the first game in the series came in 2008

if this was a 3D mario game with a level editor, now thatd be a different story, specially if it implemented all the mechanics found in recent 3D mario games

MinionJoe said:
BigTuk said:
Okay Nintendo.. brace yourself. since you're obviously just coming out of a coma, there are some things you need to know. THe berlin wall has fallen.
"There is a wall in Berlin? Our German allies have not told us of any wall there."

Too soon?
sneaky sneaky

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Interests me at least. This also gives a reason as to why Nintendo took down that browser game that did exactly this. Heehee, silly Nintendo~ You wanted to be the one who did this first! *pats its head* You little rascal

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
RatherDull said:
Congratulations! You've accomplished what PC gamers accomplished two decades ago...
PC? Try graphing calculators. I remember having a TI-83 calculator with Mario and a level editor, and that was probably 15 years ago.

Video:

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
wait, Nintnedo expect people to actually get paid for this?
this was a free program for over a decade.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Interesting, however I'm pretty sure I've seen fan games that do the same job and better. SMBX by Redigit comes to mind.