Mark Wahlberg cast as Nathan Drake.

Jamboxdotcom

Nov 3, 2010
no problem. it doesn't really bother me, but sometimes this sort of thing will get you in trouble, so it's more of a "heads up".

Jamboxdotcom

Nov 3, 2010
why does everyone always forget how awesome he was in "The Big Hit"? :( was it really that he sucked as Max Payne, or just that "Max Payne" sucked in general?

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Jamboxdotcom said:
why does everyone always forget how awesome he was in "The Big Hit"? :( was it really that he sucked as Max Payne, or just that "Max Payne" sucked in general?
The latter. It isn't that he didn't do an okay job in <url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.228546-2-50-Reviews-Max-Payne-2008>Max Payne, it's just that it was too poor a film in general.

OT: I stated this as a rumour a couple weeks back, but I'm still very glad about it. Is it now confirmed, or is it still just a rumour? Either way, I'm quite happy, but will be more contented once it is confirmed.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Marter said:
OT: I stated this as a rumour a couple weeks back, but I'm still very glad about it. Is it now confirmed, or is it still just a rumour?
It's confirmed, and I'm pretty happy about it, I actually think he's a pretty good actor and he's definitely fitting for the role.

chibivash

Apr 2, 2010
i was rooting for nathan fillion. he seemed like he could do the role better. the snarkiness and all.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009

Bah, Nathan Fillion looks more like him.

Although Wahlberg could still do good. Old Dogs was excellent.

gbemery

Jun 27, 2009
Jamboxdotcom said:
not to be a dick, but there are already like 3 threads on this topic.
I wouldn't worry about being a dick has to be done for the OP's sake and everyone else. As for my thoughts I've posted it in the other thread.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I don't really see it working.

Wahlberg doesn't seem playfull enough and his voice sounds a little too weezy aswell.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
Casual Shinji said:

Wahlberg doesn't seem playfull enough and his voice sounds a little too weezy aswell.
Not playful enough? Didn't he used to be on Saturday night live or some such?

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
mark wahlberg again? not that i have anything against him, but mark wahlberg, AGAIN?!

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Swifteye said:
Casual Shinji said:

Not playful enough? Didn't he used to be on Saturday night live or some such?
Uhm, not to my knowledge.

Unless ofcourse it was to provide the show with some of his shitty rap music.

bladeleaper

Jan 6, 2010
Jamboxdotcom said:
I agree he's a great actor, just when i see him I don't think Nathan Drake, even though he's done comedies, he doesn't seem to have that humour that N.D has. I always (perhaps naively so) hold some hope that i'll be surprised by a game movie, so i kinda hope he proves us wrong.