Marvel Announces THIRD Untitled Mystery Movie For 2018

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Marvel Announces THIRD Untitled Mystery Movie For 2018

Superhero studio aims for hat-trick in 2018

Ever since Iron Man and Incredible Hulk both bowed in Summer 2008, Marvel Studios has generally aimed to release a pair of films each year. Now, news has broken that this pattern will change for 2018 - with the Disney subsidiary now planning to launch a third feature that year.

Marvel had previously claimed two release dates in 2017, two more in 2018 and one for 2019, following Avengers: Age of Ultron and Ant-Man for 2015 and Captain America 3 and Doctor Strange for 2016. As yet, none of the pre-claimed later dates have been officially tied to specific films or characters; though many are expecting one or more titles to be revealed at SDCC this weekend (with Ms. Marvel, Black Panther or solo Black Widow and/or Hulk features among the most hoped-for possibilities.)

Speculation is already flying as to what could have spurred the unexpected reveal of a third spot for 2018, with many observers pointing to the coincidence of Robert Downey Jr. stating publicly that he was open to a fourth solo outing as Iron Man for the first time earlier in the day. Still others have raised seemingly less likely theories, such as the reveal coming the same day as Sony Picture's announcing a delay of the third installment in their troubled Amazing Spider-Man franchise also to 2018 suggesting at least the possibility of a collaboration between the two studios.

Source: Deadline [http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/marvel-disney-untitled-release-dates-2017-2018-2019/]

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
Ooh! I figured it out!

Marvel & Sony are teaming up to have Andrew Garfield killed off by radioactive lasagna! Then Marvel gets the rights back to Spider-Man & introduces Miles Morales as the new Spider-Man!

Well except for that red & black outfit.... Sorry Miles Morales.... But Miguel O'Hara from 2099 called & he wants his spare spidey outfit back.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
God, Marvel, don't mingle with Sony and SUPAIDAH-MAN on this one. You've movies have been great so far and there's no need to cock it up. Or, to quote one of my favorite ZP lines, "No one will want to eat your pudding because you stuck your dick in it."

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
And so my dream of there being 4 MCU movies released each year comes that much closer.

Alpha Flight, by 2028 you WILL have a movie or so help me I will drag Kevin Feige to Departmetn H myself for "interrogation".

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
I just want a Ms Marvel movie. They could announce Moon Knight, a character I couldn't give less of a shit about, and I'd still see it if they said either Carol Danvers or Ms Marvel would be in it. It's almost entirely all I want at this point. If they wanted to be really nice to me, they could have her pal around with Jessica Drew, regardless of what powers she's got, or Jennifer Walters, and that would make me even happier, but that would just be fluff.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Greymanelor said:
I hope it is the long awaited Stilt-Man movie.
Only if it features Turk 'jacking stilt man's suit.
Zontar said:
snip
Alpha Flight, by 2028 you WILL have a movie or so help me I will drag Kevin Feige to Department H myself for "interrogation".
Casting Puck might be interesting.

Moonknight might be interesting if they go for the whole psychopath plays at being a superhero because he likes to hurt people angle. The best Moonknight stuff is Dexter with a cape.

I have to admit I pretty much stopped reading Marvel after Kaven's Last Hunt so I'm not sure what is possible. A Howling Commandos film? Iron fist? Black Panther? Namor?

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
After Captain America 2, I reeeeally want to see a solo Black Widow.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
As much as I would love to be excited for this news, that's four years away. Fuck getting excited for something that MIGHT not come around for another four years.

Beaujon85

Oct 27, 2009
Bob, they already announced 3 movies for 2017.

MCU Upcoming movies:
May 1, 2015 (Avengers: Age of Ultron)
July 17, 2015 (Ant-Man)
May 6, 2016 (Captain America 3)
July 8, 2016 (Doctor Strange)
May 5, 2017
July 27, 2017
November 3, 2017
May 4, 2018
July 6, 2018
November 2, 2018
May 3, 2019