Marvel Confirms New Avengers Line-Up After Avengers 2

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Marvel Confirms New Avengers Line-Up After Avengers 2

Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige has said that the Avenger's roster will be "altered" by the end of Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Earlier this month, <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/137844-Rumor-Says-Marvel-Will-Feature-A-Whole-New-Team-In-Avengers-3>rumors emerged that Avengers: Age of Ultron would deliver more than just an epic battle between Iron Man and the Hulk. According to unconfirmed reports, the movie would leave the Marvel cinematic universe in some pretty dire straights with the current Avengers team falling apart and being replaced by a new lineup. Well, it now would seem that the rumor mill got that one right.

That, at least, is the indication of Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige who, speaking about the film today, confirmed that it would end with a different set of Avengers than the one it begins with. "[The movie's] like as it was in publishing, when each of the characters would go on their own adventures and then occasionally team up for a big, 12-issue mega-event," he said. "Then they would go back into their own comics, and be changed from whatever that event was. I envision the same thing occurring after this movie, because the [Avengers] roster is altered by the finale of [Age of Ultron]."

Feige understandably declined to reveal who the new team would be made up of, but we're going to go ahead and assume that freshly introduced characters like <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/133811-Elizabeth-Olsens-Role-as-Scarlet-Witch-Inspires-Confidence-in-Herself>Scarlet Witch, <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/133233-Quicksilver-Runs-Mimes-Surfing-In-New-Avengers-2-Spy-Pics>Quicksilver and <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/137461-Avengers-Age-of-Ultron-gets-official-plot-synopsis-Vision>Vision might make it onto the end of the film team, if only because they're new and shiny. Granted, some would probably still wish that Feige had been a bit more loose-lipped about the identity of the film's final Avengers. Even so, we're pretty confident people will forgive him for his secrecy. After all, the man did just reveal the entirety of Marvel's phase 3 film lineup. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138262-Marvel-Studios-Phase-3-Plans-Revealed]

Source: <a href=http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/marvel-studios-president-confirms-avengers-744469>The Hollywood Reporter

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I think the link for the Phase 3 article is broken. Now I'm going to have to search for it manually...

*sigh*

So much work....

But seriously, I don't mind a few surprises.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Given what we know of Age of Ultron so far, I think it will make sense why a new team will assemble after that film. It is most likely the team no longer trust Tony anymore after he accidently created Ultron despite his good intention and I did read somewhere that doesn't Hulk somehow leave the Planet and thus setting off his Planet Hulk possible future film?

JPArbiter

Oct 14, 2010
I am pretty sure that by Infinity War part 2 that EVERYONE is gonna show up to the party.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
JPArbiter said:
I am pretty sure that by Infinity War part 2 that EVERYONE is gonna show up to the party.
Oooh man, don't!

Can you imagine Quill and Tony meeting each other? xD

Tony: You call yourself, Starlord...?

Peter: Yeh? What of it? This coming from IRONman?

Tony: Yeh but...Starlord, you sound like a gay guy who owns the dancefloor in space or something... xD

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
"Then they would go back into their own comics, and be changed from whatever that event was. I envision the same thing occurring after this movie, because the [Avengers] roster is altered by the finale of [Age of Ultron]."

"Provided everyone keeps watching these movies now because it's all we know how to make now along with watered down and neutered PG-13 action flicks. Seriously, KEEP WATCHING OTHERWISE WE MAY HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ACTUALLY DIFFERENT."

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I'm curious to see who the new members will be, and I also want to know what happens to drive the originals away. I am growing a little be concerned that this is getting a bit too big to keep track of, but they haven't really lost it yet, so I'm still game. Can't wait to see it.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Think they might kill someone off this round? Maybe Hawkeye dies and Widow goes nuts over it causing her to quit the team, and others have their own reasons...
Speculation though... I've had a feeling that Hawkeye may not make it to the last round.

Kameburger

Turtle king
Apr 7, 2012
Remember when the escapists own Ross Lincoln granted a DC victory for announcing Wonder Woman? I'm still laughing, that was a funny joke!

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
So long as we end up with Florida man, I'll be happy.
https://twitter.com/_FloridaMan

Jsan the Candyman

Sep 5, 2014
I'd expect a whole bunch of fan speculation about who's going to be on the new roster, but is there going to be any of who's being taken off? Guess we can leave that to Shakespeare or G. R. Martin.

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
I'm curious if Iron-Man & / or Captain America leave during Avengers 2 or During Captain America Civil War.

Part of me thinks Thor will die during Ragnarok.

And part of me is hoping Captain Marvel doesn't look like a White Male. But if he gets killed off & / or replaced by Miss Marvel who will still be called Miss Marvel I'll be okay with that.

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
Depending on how they kick off the Civil War, either Iron Man or Captain America will definitely leave at the end.
Other than that, hard to say.

DeimosMasque

I'm just a Smeg Head
Jun 30, 2010
RatGouf said:
I'm curious if Iron-Man & / or Captain America leave during Avengers 2 or During Captain America Civil War.

And part of me is hoping Captain Marvel doesn't look like a White Male. But if he gets killed off & / or replaced by Miss Marvel who will still be called Miss Marvel I'll be okay with that.
It's already confirmed that Captain Marvel is going to be Carol Danvers so Captain Marvel won't be a white MALE.

Also the rumors are that since the newest Ms. Marvel is an Inhuman she'll get introduced in the upcoming Inhumans movie.

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
RatGouf said:

Carol Danvers is confirmed to be Captain Marvel. Whether Mar-vell makes an appearance is unknown as far as I know.

Edit: frickin' ninja'd

O maestre

Nov 19, 2008
Man the guy who released the trailer prior to the episode had some balls, basically shot the series in the back, I wonder how many actually saw the episode

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
Ninjamedic said:
"Then they would go back into their own comics, and be changed from whatever that event was. I envision the same thing occurring after this movie, because the [Avengers] roster is altered by the finale of [Age of Ultron]."

"Provided everyone keeps watching these movies now because it's all we know how to make now along with watered down and neutered PG-13 action flicks. Seriously, KEEP WATCHING OTHERWISE WE MAY HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ACTUALLY DIFFERENT."

OT: So much excitement going on today. I can only handle so much!

Two-A

Aug 1, 2012
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
Think they might kill someone off this round? Maybe Hawkeye dies and Widow goes nuts over it causing her to quit the team, and others have their own reasons...
Speculation though... I've had a feeling that Hawkeye may not make it to the last round.
He'd definitely be the easiest one to off. I'm not sure if that's what they're doing, my money is on Tony leaving the group (also setting up for the CA: Civil War film).