Marvel May End the Ultimate Universe in 2015

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
Heartsib said:
Potentially sad news for the fans who have hung in there. For my part, though, they've long since bumped off every character I gave half a damn about and the Ult. verse has become nearly as continuity ridden as the 616 with less to show for it in terms of quality. I consider it more a mercy kill.
Ya I don't get Marvel I thought the point of ultimate universe was to do something new with classic characters. Which they kinda did at first but they never went far enough. I was genuinely excited when Peter Parker started dating Kitty Pryde, I was like "finally marvel doing something new. Why does it always have to be Marry Jane?" then they went right back to Marry Jane. Then they started the whole Miles Morales thing which I didn't have a problem with but it was such a short run of comics and they never tried to give Miles his own nemesis.

Then they decided to do nothing with Jessica Drew (who was technically the only version of peter parker still alive in the ultimate universe) but use her in a supporting role in so many comics. I mean seriously I wanted to know more about her. She was interesting how did she deal with having peters original memories?

Then lets not go into what happened with the x-men or the ultimates. Marvel took some risks they just didn't take enough of them. I hope ultimate Jessica Drew some how survives to make it over into mainstream marvels, I still think she is the best Spider-woman to date.