Marvel May Have Snatched Fantastic Four Movie Rights - Update

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
I sincerely hope this is true or will happen.

The current situation is outright stupid; Fox don't want to make good FF movies, they just want the rights to do so and for Marvel to be unable to. So they'll put in a minimal amount of effort to crank out some monstrosity whenever they're required to, just for the privilege of it. They don't even seem to care about making money from it - they're just doing everything in their power to prevent Marvel from making money from it. It's like a bee, fighting tooth and nail, doing everything in it's power to sting you. It will die as a result, but it will be worth it just to piss you off.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
I think the brand has been poisoned beyond usability at this point.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Lightknight said:
Sadly the world and characters surrounding the FF are far more intriguing than the FF themselves. Hopefully Marvel will just gut FF of its other IPs and the archaic and unpopular quartet can just fade into the background.
The FF by themselves have created something of a universe with the Watchers, Galactus, etc. that is really great. But they themselves are really terrific characters too. Before them, Super Heroes were like Greek G-ds. Then you get The Thing and all of that changes. Susan Storm, fighting to be a woman in a man's game, Reed Richards, who will not ever shut up. Father Knows Best with elongation powers. They're great characters. I'm shocked no one has made a great movie with them yet.

The Silver Surfer entry should have had the epic-ness of a LOTR trilogy. Instead it was a sitcom. Shame on its makers.

One day soon, we'll see what this sort of thing can really be.