Marvel Releases SDCC "Recap" Montage

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Marvel Releases SDCC "Recap" Montage

The official SDCC looking-back montage is now online

The much talked-about first scenes from Age of Ultron have yet to (officially) materialize online, but Marvel Studios has now released the officially-produced "recap" montage that opened their SDCC panel online.

The clip revisits the memorable beats and "big" moments from every film released thus far in more-or-less chronological order, before segueing into new material from Guardians of The Galaxy and the online debut of the final design for presumed Avengers 3 heavy Thanos and Josh Brolin's voice for the character - both of which are taken from his appearance in Guardians, as opposed to the subtly different-looking version teased at the end of The Avengers.

Avengers: Age of Ultron is due out in Summer 2016.

Source: Marvel [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cInu82fWFfQ]

Jeyl

Aug 10, 2010
"Avengers: Age of Ultron is due out in Summer 2016."

2015 sir.

Akiraking

Jan 7, 2012
I love how there is only one 2 second clip of the Hulk from the Incredible Hulk. Can't Marvel just accept the film and not pretend like Edward Norton was not the original Hulk.

Aggieknight

Dec 6, 2009
Wow. That montage makes me want to spend the entire weekend rewatching everything, then go see GotG again!

(granted, I already wanted to see GotG again after catching it last night)

Ruisu

Enjoy the Silence
Jul 11, 2013
Edward Norton's Incredible Hulk REALLY stands out from the rest. It's like all movies blend visually, but The Incredible Hulk it's completely another beast.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Akiraking said:
I love how there is only one 2 second clip of the Hulk from the Incredible Hulk. Can't Marvel just accept the film and not pretend like Edward Norton was not the original Hulk.
There're quite a few clips of Hulk fighting the Abomination. I know there's not a lot of emphasis on that movie like Iron Man, Thor or Cap but still.

Akiraking

Jan 7, 2012
Johnny Novgorod said:
Akiraking said:
There're quite a few clips of Hulk fighting the Abomination. I know there's not a lot of emphasis on that movie like Iron Man, Thor or Cap but still.
Fair enough, I will admit I did not pay attention fully, I understand whey there is not so much of a focus on the film, but I liked it. I liked the Hulk in the Avengers as well so there is no real problem. I just find it weird as the film is essentially Marvel's one blot on their record. Everything else worked out pretty well but that one film did not do well enough to stay in the spotlight.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Akiraking said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Akiraking said:
Fair enough, I will admit I did not pay attention fully, I understand whey there is not so much of a focus on the film, but I liked it. I liked the Hulk in the Avengers as well so there is no real problem. I just find it weird as the film is essentially Marvel's one blot on their record. Everything else worked out pretty well but that one film did not do well enough to stay in the spotlight.
I think the main problem with that movie was that Marvel was trying to do both a sequel and a remake to a pretty recent film with an entirely new cast yet nothing new to say about them. Banner is still on the run, he still has trouble controlling himself, his love interest is still in danger, her dad is still chasing him... all Marvel was doing was reaffirming its grasp on the franchise and setting up a more direct connection to the Avengers initiative, nothing more.