Marvel Reveals Film Release Schedule Through 2019

Midniqht

Beer Quaffer
Jul 10, 2009
Could I just ask... who the hell is asking for an Ant-Man movie? I see that being a big flop, because most movie-goers wouldn't even know what the hell Ant-Man even is, let alone why they should care.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Six unnamed movies, I'm guessing Thor 3, Avengers 3, Guardians 2, a new Hulk movie and... is Iron Man definitely over? Can't think of a last fitting two.

Captcha: none of the above

Ha!

FEichinger

Aug 7, 2011
Midniqht said:
Could I just ask... who the hell is asking for an Ant-Man movie? I see that being a big flop, because most movie-goers wouldn't even know what the hell Ant-Man even is, let alone why they should care.
With the Ultron plot in Avengers 2, I would expect Ant-Man to make an appearance there, too. So that should give the audience enough of an introduction for a full Ant-Man movie. Which is, presumably, why Ant-Man is going to come after Avengers 2.

Pedro The Hutt

Apr 1, 2009
A Miss Marvel or She-Hulk film would be pretty amazing if you ask me. They could even do Spider-Woman as she falls outside of the Sony deal.

medv4380

The Crazy One
Feb 26, 2010
July 8, 2016, and July 6, 2018 - Interesting, so Disney/Marvel is going forward with Roshambo with WB/DC. WB isn't going to like yet another poaching of their July window, but serves them right for poaching on May.

2015:
May 1: The Avengers: Age of Ultron
July 17: Ant-Man

2016:
May 6: Captain America 3/Batman v Superman
July 8: Doctor Strange/Shazam
Dec: Sandman

2017:
May 5: Untitled/Justice League
July 27: Untitled/Wonder Woman
Nov. 3: Untitled
Dec: Flash and Green Lantern team-up

2018:
May: Man Of Steel 2
July 6: Untitled
Nov. 2: Untitled

2019:
May 3: Untitled

person427

May 28, 2009
With Dr. Strange on his way, I can only hope that one of the mystery films is a Sub-Mariner one. Then we'd be 3/4 of the way to my favorite non-team:

Just need to get Silver Surfer back from Fox...

MisterShine

Him Diamond
Mar 9, 2010
Alex Co said:
.... He also thinks that the November 3, 2017 slot will be filled by a Captain Marvel/Ms. Marvel movie, which sounds about right. As he notes, The Hunger Games will be over right before that point, and Marvel is more than aware that a female lead can carry an action film. Add to that the unexpected popularity of the new incarnation of Ms. Marvel and, presumably, Marvel's awareness that DC is (probably) bringing forth a Wonder Woman film around the same time, and it makes a lot of sense.....
If they did a Ms. Marvel (Kamala version), I would literally lose my shit.

walsfeo

Feb 17, 2010
Arqus_Zed said:
With the success they had with the Avengers and everything leading up to it, would it be too far fetched to assume they might try to introduce a new superhero team?

Like: Defenders, Inhumans, Nova Crops or Secret Avengers? (I'm just copy/pasting names off of Wikipedia here.) Those last two group seem to have something to do with the Nova thing that will be introduced in Guardians, so, maybe they're using that film as an introduction?
I'm betting that in the long run Marvel would like to release one "crossover/ensemble" movie a year, but from different groups like Avengers/Defenders/X-Men/FF/Guardians of the Galaxy, or at least one every other year.

Also up to three stand alone movies from a variety of properties, four if they get back Spider Man, FF, and X-Men. An ideal rota would be one or two new heroes in a year, and a one or two established characters.

Another TV show or two would be great, as long as they had a sense of style and a drive for the kinds of stories they want to tell.

That seems like a lot, how much do you think the movie, TV, and web video could support?