Marvel Revisiting Iron Man's Armor Wars Event in 2015

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Marvel Revisiting Iron Man's Armor Wars Event in 2015

Marvel seems to be on a bit of a nostalgia kick lately. In addition to announcing a revisit of its classic <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/137954-Secret-Wars-Returns-To-Marvel-Comics-For-2015-Announced-At-NYCC>Secret Wars for 2015, the publisher has recently indicated that it will likewise be investing in new <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138018-Marvels-Civil-War-Comic-Series-Coming-2015>Civil Wars, <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138042-Marvel-Announces-Age-of-Ultron-vs-Marvel-Zombies-Comic-Series-for-Summer-2015>Age of Ultron vs. Zombies and Planet Hulk story lines. It's recently been revealed however, that even those won't be the end of the Marvel's retro retread.

Adding to the growing glut of revisited titles, <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/marvel>Marvel has now released a teaser image for a new Armor Wars event. The original Armor Wars, written by David Michelinie and Boy Layton, was released in 1987 and followed Tony Stark's quest to destroy and contain weapons based on his stolen designs. It's unclear at this time exactly how much the new book will draw from the original story. That said, the company's teaser image does strongly hint at a few things. The classic Hulk Buster armor, for instance, is prominently featured in the image. The teaser also showcases a set of Galactus Buster armor that we're definitely hoping to see in a center stage position at some point during the story's proceedings.

While Marvel has us to speculate about the plot of the new Armor Wars, it was kind enough to provide us with one solid, confirmed detail. Armor Wars will be releasing in Summer 2015. We reached out to the company to see if we could learn anything more, but their only response was to "stay tuned." Here's hoping it won't keep Iron Man fans in the dark for too long.

Source: Comic Vine

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
I'll give them redoing Armor Wars, since that was back in the late 80's and is nearly 20 years old at this point. Not to mention I'm a bit biased and really liked the Armor Wars. Civil War I'm still iffy on since it's still in very recent memory, but I'll see how it goes.

-Ezio-

Eats Nuts, Kicks Butts.
Nov 17, 2009
ok. they're bringing back a lot of stuff. are they just being nostalgic or are they going somewhere with this? some kind of event about history repeating itself?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
-Ezio- said:
ok. they're bringing back a lot of stuff. are they just being nostalgic or are they going somewhere with this? some kind of event about history repeating itself?
I'm hoping maybe this ties to the MCU.

-Ezio-

Eats Nuts, Kicks Butts.
Nov 17, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
-Ezio- said:
I'm hoping maybe this ties to the MCU.
how do you mean?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
-Ezio- said:
how do you mean?
Armor Wars was partially done in Iron Man 2. Personally, I wish they'd done more. And if we're speculating about an Iron Man 4, actually doing more would be a great way to get Tony back in the game. Though with the rumoured Civil War, maybe that's not needed.

But two of the rebooted events (Assuming CW is rebooted and not just republished) tie to movie events. Specifically to Armor Wars, I'm hoping this means maybe we see more of it onscreen. Sort of doing it in 2 isn't enough for me, really. On a broader sense, I'd like to see Secret Wars on the big screen, though I know it'd take a huuuuuge rewrite to deal with the lack of the FF, X-Men, and Spidey characters.

-Ezio-

Eats Nuts, Kicks Butts.
Nov 17, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
-Ezio- said:
how do you mean?
Armor Wars was partially done in Iron Man 2. Personally, I wish they'd done more. And if we're speculating about an Iron Man 4, actually doing more would be a great way to get Tony back in the game. Though with the rumoured Civil War, maybe that's not needed.

But two of the rebooted events (Assuming CW is rebooted and not just republished) tie to movie events. Specifically to Armor Wars, I'm hoping this means maybe we see more of it onscreen. Sort of doing it in 2 isn't enough for me, really. On a broader sense, I'd like to see Secret Wars on the big screen, though I know it'd take a huuuuuge rewrite to deal with the lack of the FF, X-Men, and Spidey characters.
secret wars could be interesting on screen. and it would be a way to shake up the universe when they inevitably have to switch out characters. which i imagine is what civil war is for as well.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
It's official, they are running out of ideas for story arc so they are reusing old ones! What's next? Another House of M or Avenger Dissasemble?

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Scarim Coral said:
It's official, they are running out of ideas for story arc so they are reusing old ones! What's next? Another House of M or Avenger Dissasemble?
It's more like they are bringing old idea's back, which is what fans have been asking for to be fair.

Whats the harm with modernizing content they own and potentially putting it on the big screen?

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
There was a rumor that the upcoming event Time Runs Out was going to lead to a reboot of the Marvel Universe. I thought it was stupid back then. But maybe it could end up being true, and all these "revisits" are just going to show how they could fit in a new continuity.

Hyperstorm

Nov 27, 2013
I'm guessing that all of these tie into the Secret War mega project and are going to involve characters from different Earths taking part in familiar events.

Why else do Civil War and Age of Ultron again so soon?

I would be excited but it's going to be a high cover price for events that are going to pull a Marvel Nu52.

UltimatheChosen

Mar 6, 2009
I wonder if all of these might end up being part of some kind of time travel event. It would make a lot more sense-- they're not redoing Civil War, they're literally traveling back in time to it for some reason.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
For a second there I thought the Statue of Liberty was a super-sized Iron Man armour.

Captcha: "You good?"

Not really Captcha, I've got assignments and exams to deal with, but thanks for asking anyway.

Mike Richards

Nov 28, 2009
This isn't a coincidence. You don't revisit five classic stories in one year at the same time you make two highly publicized recasts of two of your major players without something going on behind the scenes. It's probably too early to tell if this is a narrative plan or some kind of editorial shakeup but even without the Time Runs Out continuity reboot rumors that have been flying around my money is probably on the former. Something's going down.