Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Packing Some Heavenly Muscle

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Packing Some Heavenly Muscle

Are battles between mutants and martial artists just not enough for you? Then you're in luck, as MvC3 will also feature a pair of gods.

Images accidently posted to a gallery [http://marvel.com/images/gallery/content/videogame.101.marvel_vs~dot~_capcom_3~colon~_fate_of_two_worlds] on the official Marvel website has revealed that as well as the four characters announced yesterday [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/102240-Dr-Doom-Chun-Li-and-More-Join-Marvel-vs-Capcom-3-Roster], the mighty Thor and Okami's Amaterasu are joining the fray in Marvel vs. Capcom 3. The images have since been removed, but the NeoGAF forums [http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=401884] managed to save them all before they were taken down.

The appearance of Amaterasu is probably going to cause a few eyebrows to raise, as she's not a character that would immediately spring to mind for a game like Marvel vs. Capcom 3, but the pictures show that she's more than capable of holding her own against the thunder god.

Speaking at E3 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/e3-2010/1824-Marvel-vs-Capcom-3], Capcom's John Diamonon said that there would be over 30 characters in the game, and Thor and Amaterasu, along with the four from yesterday, take the total up to 16. Exactly who will make up the other half of the game's roster is the source of much speculation amongst fighting fans. Characters like Ken and Spider-Man seem like pretty safe bets, but Amaterasu proves that Capcom isn't afraid to throw a few curveballs too.

Source: 1up [http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3180521]

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
FUCK YES! OKAMI! And not just an unplayable tease like Yami in TvC.

I feel sorry for the Marvel side. Too much good Capcom shit. They'd have to announce Professer X to get me to care about Marvel at this point.

The only Marvel character to make my team is going to be Deadpool. And even that's iffy...

Let's see:

1) Ammy
2) Deadpool
3) Dante

I hope they work well together...I really do.

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
I don't even like fighting games but I'll probably get this for the roster. If MegaMan/Zero is in it that just solidifies it.

Blueruler182

May 21, 2010
I would be more surprised if Thor wasn't in the game, to be perfectly honest. It's like saying Captain America's going to be in the game. No shit.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I don't see why this is quite such a curveball. Darkstalkers has Jon Talbain and Felicia, and their somewhat oddball/feral styles didn't keep them from being favored characters. Still, it's unexpected, and while I can't say I'm a huge fan of the MvC series, it's nice to see that they want to make things interesting. It'll make for fun matches to watch on YouTube, at least.

Onyx Oblivion said:
Let's see:

1) Ammy
2) Deadpool
3) Dante

I hope they work well together...I really do.
Deadpool will try to get Amaterasu to catch a Frisbee. That will NOT end well.

JohanGasMask

Jun 25, 2009
Yes, Thor is playable.
Marvel Vs. Capcom only needs Frank Vest to...because he is just as awesome.

Arisato-kun

Apr 22, 2009
Thankfully the leaked roster continues to be right. Still waiting for confirmation on Wesker, Hsien-Ko, Frank West and Arthur.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Has Frank from Dead Rising been confirmed yet? If not, I'd place my bets on him since Capcom loves that character so much. Plus, hes covered wars y'know.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
That's not all, the end of the most recent trailer shows off even MORE silhouettes. VIEWTIFUL JOE IS HERE, WOOOOOOOOT! (Pause at 1:40, he's in the lower right)

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
Expect any Marvel character from an upcoming movie. I would expect to see Nick Fury, Spiderman, members from X-Men: First Class, the Avengers, and whatever upcoming Marvel movies I might be missing. I would like to see the Fantastic Four to get some appearance, Reed Richards would make for a great Dhalsim like counterpart (though possibly too much like Dhalsim).

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
If we got Amatseru from Okami, how about giving us Godhand as a character? You know...from Godhand, that awesome quirky beatemup no one played?

(this is an actual bossfight from the game)

...[/youtube]

(also this)

...[/youtube]

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
hmmm I wonder if joe and silvia from viewtiful joe will be in this too oh and frank west and throw in the guy from the second dead rising using the the two chainsaws held together by duct tape oh and to conclude the dmc series vergil nero and lady

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Next Marvel character: Squirrel Girl. Come on, Marvel, you have to! It would be so amazing!

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
OH fuck Amaterasu? dammit, this game has just taken my money