Marvel's Agents of SHIELD Uses Mass Effect 3 Art In Recent Episode

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
I know Disney is currently eyeing EA for acquisition (they want someone to make games for them), and they can easily afford to buy out the majority of the stocks (EA's net stock worth is around 6billion, and Disney has about 72billion in assets). So this may have been something that was handled during these meetings. That is speculation though, and I have no real idea if ABC or Disney had any rights to the materials, but it is quite possible.

My question is this: How would you feel about Disney acquiring EA? If Kotick was still in charge, I would be all for it as he was running the company into the ground (average stock prices this year are around $15 a share due to him), but with the new CEO making some changes for the better I'd rather wait and see what happens first, at least from the perspective of a gamer. If I was investing though, I'd buy the shares right before Disney buys them out though, as they are likely to go down until the purchase, then raise back up (maybe by 50% or more over the next few years, if I was to guess).

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Just like code can be "appropriated" by other programmers, I'm not surprised when artists recycle other images to cut corners. It happens almost in every industry so yeah it really isn't that big a deal.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
I'm amazed anyone caught this at all. It's interesting to see this happen and I hope to see an update for this article. I mean, so many features are identical, it's clearly the same thing. Since it was done deliberately, I wonder if anyone else on set even knew what the person had designed. Lots of questions linger.