Maryland Declares Official Civilization V Day

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
lacktheknack said:
<link=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FlatWhat>WHAT.

That's taking things a bit far, isn't it?
Damn you. I opened this article TWO HOURS AGO! From Tropes to Dr.McNinja. And it's ALL YOUR FAULT!

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Gaderael said:
lacktheknack said:
<link=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FlatWhat>WHAT.

That's taking things a bit far, isn't it?
Damn you. I opened this article TWO HOURS AGO! From Tropes to Dr.McNinja. And it's ALL YOUR FAULT!
As I've said, it's a wonderful trap link. I hope you liked it.

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
laryri said:
The Governor just wants an excuse to take the day off and play Civ5.

Seems likely.

Radeonx said:
I didn't even realize that Civ games were THIS popular.
This is going to get irritating closer to September 21st.....
And creepy... how long do you think it'll take them to come up with Sid Mieur masks?

KiKiweaky

Aug 29, 2008
About damn time this man (and his crew) are worth hundreds of hours to my life.... trying to count the amount of hours i have spent playing civ games (bah) fuck it no chance. Anyway ye I do liek this nice change to things, gaming franchises deserve holidays \o/

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
So, Starcraft 2 in June, then Civilization V in September. That's two massive releases for the PC in three months.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
They really should have called it just Sid Meier's Civilization day - dedicate it to entire franchise, not only Civ V. But eh, it's still good.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
I was born in Maryland, from the fiery depths of a comet that fell to earth some years back, and i'm proud to see how far they've come even without me blowing steam through my Asphyxian bellows to power Oriole stadium.

It's 5 am, and I have no idea what I just said. But woo anyway. Woo.

Lem0nade Inlay

Apr 3, 2010
That is so awesome.

They should teach young children how to play that in school and stuff.

Then they could go on and lead the World...and be awesome at the game.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
As far as publicity stunts go, this is the coup de grâce. I sure hope it gets a lot more people interested in the Civ V; if any series deserve more attention, it's the Civilisation series.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Props to Maryland (and what the hell, let's give a shoutout to Escapist home state and videogame-loving government North Carolina while we're at it) for realizing that gaming is a driving force in building a tax base full of educated, technically savvy, skilled workers who bring civic devotion and good citizenship in every sense of the term to their states.

Leland Yee of California and the rest of the politicians who would rather ban games than celebrate them? Enjoy those budget crises that you can't seem to resolve while Maryland and North Carolina find new sources of tax revenue to benefit their states and their people.

kgagne

Feb 17, 2010
Maryland is the eighth smallest state. They got it backwards. It's like saying Alaska is the fiftieth smallest state, or the winning team in a game of baseball came in second-to-last.