Mass Effect 2 : Favourite and most hated team members.

Shepard's Shadow

Don't be afraid of the dark.
Mar 27, 2009
Favorite is easily Miranda, followed closely by Jack. Miranda is the most helpful and is just overall awesome. I love Jack, she's amazing. And Legion because Legion is awesome. Then Grunt is after Legion.

Least favorite is easily Garrus followed by Zaeed. I hate Garrus SO much. In the first game and the second, he just always dies, all the time. I despise him immensely. Zaeed I just don't like. Also, forgot Jacob. Something he said about Thane made me hate him.

edit:

Internet Kraken said:
This actually why I dislike Garrus in Mass Effect 2 I spent all of Mass Effect convincing him that his methods were wrong. Eventually Garrus began to consider what I was saying. I changed his outlook on how to carry out missions. He said he was going to go back to C-Sec and reapply for Spectre training. That made me happy, since it actually felt like I had made a difference in his character development.

In Mass Effect 2, none of this happened. He didn't go back to C-sec. He did the opposite. I was very disappointed when I found him in Omega, and even more when I learned that he was consumed by revenge. It's like everything I said to him was ignored. Worst yet is that the game doesn't even acknowledge this. It's like I never had these conversations with Garrus. In my opinion, it's BioWare's second largest failure in terms of Mass Effect 2's plot.
Actually, through conversations with him he says he did go back to C-Sec, but he left because of all the red tape and the bureaucracy. He went to Omega because he felt he could make a difference there. Did you pay attention during conversations with him or did you just
skip them?

bossfight1

Apr 23, 2009
I love Legion and Tali. Tali is part of a very interesting culture, and Legion... well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CRPScZ-FOI

islagatt

Jul 28, 2008
There seem to be two main camps here, people who like Tali'Zorah Vas Normandy, and people who hate her. I can't understand the second one. In the first game I took Tali with me on most missions because my characters were going to focus on combat skills thank you very much, and I needed a hacker. I got used to Tali being around and talking and before long I was talking to her rather regularly on the Normandy too. I liked Tali in general, she seemed more human than Williams or Alenko, and infinitely less alien than T'soni or Wrex.
TL:DR, favorite character Tali because she's always been a real person and able to present herself and her species well, in combat, person, and everyday capabilities.
Least Favorite: Miranda Lawson, militaristic, xenophobic, sociopath with dangerous delusions pertaining to 'greater goods'. I can quite follow an ends justify the means personality like the Illusive Man, but Miranda doesn't do enough thinking for herself to be as acceptable as he is. Or at least, she doesn't let you know if she does.

Forgot this earlier: To every/anyone who dislikes Tali for the lack of fan-service to her romance option, I would like to point out a few things: One that fact is not actually part of her character and that the romance with her is in fact based strictly on her personality. Initially I was pissed when I didn't even see her face, but then it occurred to me that this was deliberate- it was done to emphasize the fact that the romance with the encounter-suited woman was because of the PC's interest in her as a sentient being rather than as a function of her appearance.

LordMoose

Feb 7, 2010
Well there really isnt much to the Jack action in that fan service regards, but she makes an emotional connection if you Work for it. Miranda, it just seems mostly lust, i didnt like it, petty. im not sure about the emotional connection about the yoemen, but it appears to be mostly heavy flirting.

Ah yes, and Mordin is truely one of my favorite characters, though i wouldnt take him along for missions, he's always a good friend. His life grows short, but he takes his time to give me advice on a healthy safe relationship while working on battleing the collectors. *hugs the salarian* Thanks Bro.

McNinja

Sep 21, 2008
Like:Tali (romancing is cute and as a character she's one of the best), Legion (geth? Cool. Sentient, talking Geth with awesome sniper rifle? Hellz yeah), Thane (Loyalty quest is great, and is just cool), Mordin (funny), Garrus (he's just cool), Grunt (Krogan are fun), Jacob (not entirely useful, but not a bad character).

Not too interested in: Miranda (comes across as an arrogant Cerberus tool), Samara (Justicar code, whoop-dee-doo), Zaeed (comes off as a dick, but useful in combat).

Don't like: Jack (extremely arrogant and seems very pretentious).

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Doug said:
J03bot said:
Doug said:
J03bot said:
I can't share everyone else's Zaeed hate. He doesn't do/say anything after the loyalty mission, so I can only say I really, really don't care about him...
Favourite characters? I was going to say Mordin and Thane, but having unlocked Legion earlier today (What? So I'm playing the game slowly... I have too many other things to do atm!), I'm definitely liking him! Although I have an awful feeling that I've inadvertently brought the endgame on, and a great many of my characters are going to die. Horribly. So it's time to go back to the save I made just before the mission where you get Legion...
Well, just so you know...

Yes, the end game is soon; though you can delay it. However, if you delay, their will be consequences... not saying what sort of consequences though ;) Message if you wanna know, but I won't spoiler for you
Thanks, but no thanks. I'll find out what happens myself. Then run away and reload a save, the screams of my dying team-mates still ringing in my ears...
It's not my fault! It's just that scanning planets on the xbox is a painfully slow process!
I don't think mineral scanning counts as delaying...I think its only side missions that do... not sure
S'alright - I didn't scan anything, just rushed into the last mission earlier today. Somehow everyone survived, and I didn't have to witness the 'consequences'. I tried seeing what would happen if I did try another mission first after I'd completed it (went back a save). All I can say is:

Who's gonna feed my fish now?

thenamelessloser

Jan 15, 2010
story wise- favorite: Mordin and the last party member you can get
disliked: Jack
Gameplay- favorite: Miranda, Samura, Thane, Garrus
disliked: no one was totally terrible I think.

Captainguy42

Is trapped in a title factory.
May 20, 2009
Story:

Like:

Jack, I liked seeing how Cerberus fucked up her head so badly, and going back and blowing her mind.

Mordin, His Loyalty mission gave me a lot more insight into certain, things, and he's just fun to talk to, I listened to him sing Model of a Scientist Solarian, atleast 5 times before I let it go, also akward safe sex talks.

Garrus, always fun to talk to, laughed when I heard " I had reach..." In the second context.

Dislike:

Miranda, I'm a tube baby, wa-wa-wa!

Jacob, I have daddy issues, damn.

Gameplay:

Like:

Thane and Tali complemented my soldier perfectly.

Dislike: Miranda, and Jacob felt pretty useless later on because of their limited firepower.

Incidentally Doesn't it seem like everyone in your team has parent issues (particularly father related)?

Jacob- My dad sucks and just spent ten years on a deserted planet with a drugged Harem.

Miranda- My father is over-controlling and trying to kidnap (or unkidnap?) my sister.

Thane- I'm an absentee father.

Tali- My father conducted unethical experiments which got me accused of treason.

Garrus- My father kept me from being a spectre (ME 1)

Samara- My children are crazy soul sucking monsters.

Grunt- My father didn't give me the right kind of guidance.

Shepard- Possibly an orphan depending on pre-service record.

I mean damn, I just got a feeling the writers at Bioware got daddy issues.

Apr 28, 2008
I don't hate them.

But my most not liked character is Jack. She just annoys the living hell out of me.

My favorite is either Garrus or Mordin. Garrus because he was my favorite ME1 character. Mordin because he is hilarius.

I also like Thane and Legion a lot.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Favorite(s)- Mordin, Grunt, Garrus, and Tali (sorry OP)
Least Favorite(s)- Samara, Jacob, Thane.

Note that least favorite doesn't mean I hate them, I actually enjoyed all of the party members, but I rarely used those last 3. Mainly because I got Samara and Thane pretty late in the game.

Apr 28, 2008
Captainguy42 said:
Incidentally Doesn't it seem like everyone in your team has parent issues (particularly father related)?

Jacob- My dad sucks and just spent ten years on a deserted planet with a drugged Harem.

Miranda- My father is over-controlling and trying to kidnap (or unkidnap?) my sister.

Thane- I'm an absentee father.

Tali- My father conducted unethical experiments which got me accused of treason.

Garrus- My father kept me from being a spectre (ME 1)

Samara- My children are crazy soul sucking monsters.

Grunt- My father didn't give me the right kind of guidance.

Shepard- Possibly an orphan depending on pre-service record.

I mean damn, I just got a feeling the writers at Bioware got daddy issues.
It was like that in the first game to.

Wrex - betrayed by his father so he killed him.
Garrus - Hated how his father forced him to play by the book.
Ashley - Grandfather first human to surrender to an alien (not her father, but on her father's side)
Liara - Never knew her father, which could have had unknown concequences on her character.
Tali - Father was head of Migrant Fleet leaders, which puts lots of pressure on her.
Kaiden - Don't remember learning about his family at all. So I guess he doesn't count.

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
Favourite for combat: Mordin and Miranda or Garrus and Thane.

Favourite in terms of character: Tali. She's the best.

MinishArcticFox

Jan 4, 2010
My personal favorites were Jack and Garrus. Both fit well with my infiltrator Shepard for combat and I thought both had fairly interesting personalities.

My least favorite was Miranda. I think that the Sentinal class is the most useless of all the classes and she's just a total *****.

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
Least liked character, Zaeed and then Jacob. Favourite it was a tie between Samara and Mordin, then I heard mordin sing and give sex advice. Now no one even comes close to him.

FoAmY99

Dec 8, 2009
thebobmaster said:
Favorite: Tali, by far. I liked her in the first game, but I loved her in the sequel even more. Nice attitude, great voice-acting, and quite well-developed from the first game...in every sense of the word.

Least Favorite: Eh, I didn't really like Zaeed. He was basically Canderous, but with all the likability sucked out.
I agree 100% with your opinion on Tali. Can't wait to see what happens in ME3 after you romance her. Zaeed...well he seemed a bit out of place (DLC can do that) but what little dialogue he had was pretty amusing and he seemed somewhat effective in combat, though Garrus was far MORE likeable and had slightly better powers than Zaeed.

Spiner909

Dec 3, 2009
Favorite: Legion or Grunt. Both are cool and have great combat abilities.
Least: Jack. I hate Jack so much.

Kavonde

Usually Neutral Good
Feb 8, 2010
Favorite: Tali. I love Tali, and I think she deserves credit for being the single biggest badass in your crew. Here's the slip of a girl, sort of nerdy and awkward, who has to wear a special environment suit at all times to avoid potentially life-threatening infections. She could be a valuable member of the team without ever leaving the Normandy, lending her technological expertise to the crew and making sure everything's running smoothly. Instead, she picks up a friggin' shotgun and starts kicking the hell out of any and all comers. Tali is awesome.

Runners Up: Garrus, because he's a great character and I love the familiar camaraderie between he and Shepard, and Thane, who I was determined to dislike because everyone kept gushing about how he was "cool" and "interesting" and the angsty, antisocial piece of my brain left over from high school demanded my hatred, but who turned out to be such a good damn character that I couldn't help joining his fan club.

Least Favorite: Zaeed, but since he's a barely fleshed-out free DLC guy, maybe he shouldn't count. Barring him, Miranda. Perk the hell up, woman. You're genetically perfect, yeah, I'm sure that's a terrible burden. If it helps, just remind yourself that A) you're basically a really high-tech RealDoll designed by your father (creepy), and B) your father's ideal of a feminine sex goddess looks like Michael Jackson.

Runners Up: Jack, at least until she put a shirt on (yeah, boobies, great, you look like Christina Aguilera must've smelled during her "dirty" period), and Grunt, who really, really made me miss Wrex.