Mass Effect 2 Hitting PS3 in January

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
Logan Westbrook said:
there really isn't any downside to this announcement.
Sorry, Mr. Westbrook, but I have to disagree with you there. While PS3 owners WILL finally get a chance to taste the glory that is ME, they won't get the full slice of the pie without being able to import an ME1 save.

Apr 28, 2008
I wonder if the Bonus content is the major ME1 moments.

I really hope the PS3 gets ME1 in some shape, or the PS3 version of ME2 works with that Mass Effect saves site. After all the PS3 has its own broser.

Basically, I hope PS3 ME2 owners get to do something with saves, since the default save sucks ass.

wrecker77

May 31, 2008

Well who the f*ck saw this coming? I already got it, and 100%'d it (My only 100% on a current gen console) So no point in getting it again.

Probably going to get Goty. You now have no excuse to get this game now. Weird though that their porting the second one, but not the first.

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
I have to say. This does not look good for the 360 these days. Soon there will only be that zombie game left on it. Oo the name escapes me. You know it's a shooter with a number in it. Seems to be always there. What's it called? Halo, that it. What you mean its got nothing to do with zombies? The game's been flogged to death and brought back for years now. And have you met halo live players? Not a living brain cell among them.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
With out the first one you lose the chance carry your character over the PS3 version will miss a lot.

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
Zer0Saber said:
Come on EA give Mass Effect 1 too
Microsoft published Mass Effect 1, not EA, so I wouldn't expect ME1 to make an appearance on the PS3.

A shame really; don't get me wrong, Mass Effect 2 is an exceptional game on its own, but it feels WAY more immersive and impressive if you import your saves.

T_ConX

Mar 8, 2010
I just finished picking up all the achievements in the XB360 version (at least until that Shadow Broker DLC comes out), so yeah... late much?

Optimystic

Sep 24, 2008
wrecker77 said:

Well who the f*ck saw this coming? I already got it, and 100%'d it (My only 100% on a current gen console) So no point in getting it again.

Probably going to get Goty. You now have no excuse to get this game now. Weird though that their porting the second one, but not the first.
It's not all that weird when you consider the first one has Microsoft stamped all over it.

However, I fully expect them to release a "remastered" version of ME1 for PS3, a la Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Wait, exclusive bonus content? As an xbox owner, I'm jealous. Although I suspect it will appear as DLC sooner or later for the 360.
It still seems idiotic to not release Mass Effect 1 on the PS3 whilst they're at it, though. Although if I remember rightly, Microsoft published it, so I can't see it making an appearance any time soon. But any PC on the market nowadays should be able to run it.

Walkchalk

Nov 9, 2009
This has oficially made me the happiest boy in all of the world. All you less happy people shall bow before me in your gloomyness! Yipee!

chaos order

Jan 27, 2010
although i REALLY REALLY want to play ME im no gonna get it. its only ME2 and fdrom what ive heard from a friend is that the experiance is great if u have a save from ME1 so its more like a middle finger to me than anything else

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
*shrug* Congrats, PS3 only owners. You'll get to experience one of the bets games to come out this gen. Hopefully some measures will be taken to help give you the experience provided by continuous play of the series as that really is one of it's best parts.

Oh, and don't bother complaining about scanning planets for ore.. we know already, it kinda sucks. :)

Optimystic

Sep 24, 2008
J03bot said:
Wait, exclusive bonus content? As an xbox owner, I'm jealous. Although I suspect it will appear as DLC sooner or later for the 360.
It still seems idiotic to not release Mass Effect 1 on the PS3 whilst they're at it, though. Although if I remember rightly, Microsoft published it, so I can't see it making an appearance any time soon. But any PC on the market nowadays should be able to run it.
The current theory on the bioware boards is that the "bonus content" will take the form of the pre-existing DLC, like Overlord, being packaged in-box.

Though sony may end up with brand new stuff after all, which will cause me to shake my fist in defiance, followed by checking PS3 prices in my area.

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
Ninjamedic said:
Wow, a lot of PS3 flaming here.
People have to make themselves feel better about their choice in console. Although this really does a lot to drag down that reputation as "last bastion of intelligence on the internet" arguement if we can't get along for the four seconds it takes to announce an exclusive like ME2 is going to PS3 finally.

Lillowh

Oct 22, 2007
I hate all this fanboy crap. Don't get me wrong, i love the 360 to death(if you relate this statement to red rings you are an immature fanboy) but i wouldn't mind having a PS3. Anyway, I'm happy that console exclusives are becoming few and far between. I mean, I don't understand why people flip out when they lose an exclusive and why the other side taunts them with it. Grow up people. If you are a true gamer you should be happy that your game is getting shared with other people. Think of all the good times and fun you had from Mass Effect, now just think that even more people will be able to have that good time and fun you had because there's a wider accessibility. So please, Leave your fanboyism at the door, i for one would not appreciate it in these forums.

Eliam_Dar

Nov 25, 2009
Great for PS3 owners, it is indeed a great game. I have it for PC and I loved each minute of it.

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
my only problem with this is why do i have a 360 and a ps3 now. After gears, and halo reach whats left to play? I loved alan wake but it didnt sell at all, i doubt MS will do a 3rd crackdown. There is no news on a new banjo game, and no new too human. While there is Fable 3 I dont want JUST that game series on the 360.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
It is cool that PS3 owners will get to play the game, but it does suck that they'll not get the chance to import from the first game. I think when you start without an imported file through the questions it asks you can make it seem like you made certain major choices, but I think some of the smaller mission based choices won't show up.

Kmadden2004

Feb 13, 2010
Yeah, as much as I love BioWare, and really want to play Mass Effect 2, there's no point in buying it if they're not going to release the first game on PS3 too...