Mass Effect 2 Patch on PS3 Reveals New DLC

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Joshimodo said:
dagens24 said:
Arrival of fish to the Presidium lake. ALL HAIL THE DECADENCE THAT IS THE PRESIDIUM FISH!
The Council races refuse to acknowledge the tastiness of the Presidium lake fish...It's up to Commander Shepard to convince them otherwise.
Ha, you just remenided me of this,

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
dagens24 said:
Fr said:
anc[is]
Joshimodo said:
dagens24 said:
Arrival of fish to the Presidium lake. ALL HAIL THE DECADENCE THAT IS THE PRESIDIUM FISH!
The Council races refuse to acknowledge the tastiness of the Presidium lake fish...It's up to Commander Shepard to convince them otherwise.
Ah yes, "fish" tasty aquatic organisms common on most garden worlds. We have dismissed that claim
Khalisah al-Jilani: Commander Shephard, you claim that you're trying to prove the existence and tastiness of the fabled 'presidium fish' despite the fact that the Council has explicitly stated that such a fish does not exi-

Commander Shephard: I've had enough of your condescending skepticisms *punch to the face*
"Commander Shepard, there is no fish in the Presidium!"

"Well, there are these jellyfishes that I've been catching and cooking..."

"You fool! Those are the Hanar! Now run before Blasto comes around and respectfully avenges his kin!"

Next Mass Effect DLC: <color=maroon>Blasto vs Commander Shepard!

The most awesome DLC evarrr! :D

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
karloss01 said:
the final DLC has already been announced and that it would tie ME2 and ME3 together and that it would come 2-3 months before ME3. this just confirmed the name of the DLC.
No, there's been no announcement of the final DLC at all. That's why nobody has heard of this. BioWare did say that the final DLC would lead into ME3 and hinted that the next DLC release could be the last (which is why I brought it up in the post) but there's no guarantee that there won't be another DLC update after this one.

Saying "we're going to release a DLC update at some point in the future" is not the same as an announcement.
Then using that logic Diablo 3 has not been announced as it also hasn?t been given a release date nor has dead island.

Cerberus Daily News for Jan. 2 said:
OUT-OF-GAME NOTICE: The Cerberus Daily News will begin a hiatus on January 24th, finishing its run of one full year. Daily postings will cease except for three weeks in 2011: a week of posts will precede a downloadable content release, and two more weeks will lead up to the release of Mass Effect 3. The CDN team thanks fans for their attention, comments, and feedback (both in and out of character!). We are sorry to go, but we had fun ? we hope you did, too!
Considering that the now shut down Cerberus network states that it will only be updated for the next DLC before ME3, I take that as a confirmation. I don?t need to know plot details for it to be counted as an announcement. as I stated before this only confirmed the DLC name and trophy.

Kingsnake661

Dec 29, 2010
karloss01 said:
Andy Chalk said:
karloss01 said:
the final DLC has already been announced and that it would tie ME2 and ME3 together and that it would come 2-3 months before ME3. this just confirmed the name of the DLC.
No, there's been no announcement of the final DLC at all. That's why nobody has heard of this. BioWare did say that the final DLC would lead into ME3 and hinted that the next DLC release could be the last (which is why I brought it up in the post) but there's no guarantee that there won't be another DLC update after this one.

Saying "we're going to release a DLC update at some point in the future" is not the same as an announcement.
Then using that logic Diablo 3 has not been announced as it also hasn?t been given a release date nor has dead island.

Cerberus Daily News for Jan. 2 said:
OUT-OF-GAME NOTICE: The Cerberus Daily News will begin a hiatus on January 24th, finishing its run of one full year. Daily postings will cease except for three weeks in 2011: a week of posts will precede a downloadable content release, and two more weeks will lead up to the release of Mass Effect 3. The CDN team thanks fans for their attention, comments, and feedback (both in and out of character!). We are sorry to go, but we had fun ? we hope you did, too!
Considering that the now shut down Cerberus network states that it will only be updated for the next DLC before ME3, I take that as a confirmation. I don?t need to know plot details for it to be counted as an announcement. as I stated before this only confirmed the DLC name and trophy.
That's how i understood it too, but, honestly, things change. I didn't expect the new outfit pack, and i tend to count them as DLC too...So by the announcments logic, we'er done? Either way, with less then a year before ME3, and a DLC named "Arrival" seems to me to be the perfect cliffhanger for the start of ME3.. I'd assume it's the last DLC before ME3 goes live... But you never know. They'll prolly have another outfit pack, and maybe a weapons pack before then. (and hopefully they'll release Genesis for the PC/360.)

Like a post before me said, I hope this is more a forshadowing Arrival, then a reapers are attack EARTH kind of thing. Maybe have the mission let Shepard know, without a doubt, they'll be here SOON, and maybe see some repear lights start appearing off in the distince of a DEEP space watchstation.. kind of a "what they heck is that??" kind of moment before the game ENDS. And it's HAVE to be the last thing you do, I don't know how you'd code that, but it'd have to be the end... lol.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
karloss01 said:
No, by that logic the action-RPG which Blizzard will develop and release at some point in the indeterminate future - say, Diablo 4, maybe - hasn't been announced.

Which it hasn't.

Forktongue

May 19, 2009
urahara75 said:
all[/b] games from large game publishers get DLCs (in some form or another) that add to total gameplay hours these days. It's also a fact that DLCs are major auxiliary revenue generators for these publishers, so most push the developers to work on additional content shortly after, or in increasingly occassional cases, during the primary development stages of the game. It would make sense, from a development purspective, to throw anticipated trophy achievement lists into the game code at release or via patch shortly after, whether a consumer buys the DLC(s) or not.

Does it (sometimes) suck? Yeppers, especially if you lost interest or no longer have said game. Is it "the way things work" in contemporary game development? You can bet ur ass it is. :s

P.S. - An instance that really bit me in the 'nards was the Burnout Paradise deal. Certain late-game challenges that need to be completed for game "completion" are next to impossible to do with the (non-DLC bought) cars you unlock thru normal playthrough. On top of that, a good deal (I'd honestly say approx. 20%) of game achievements require you to do tasks with a certain type of DLC-obtained car. Breakin' my balls, EA... breakin' my friggin' balls... :(
I understand that most games have achievements/trophies for upcoming DLC already added to the list, but kept hidden. What I'm asking is how common is it for those trophies to be displayed despite never downloading/buying the DLC (as in your Burnout Paradise example) on the PS3. I also own a 360 and achievements tied to DLC only appears once a person has added that DLC to his or her account. Sorry for any confusion.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
Super Toast said:
I'm 99% sure it'll be about the arrival of the Reapers.
I'll be the other 1% and say it is too.

Seriously what else can it be other than the events immediately leading up to the Reapers.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Tsaba said:
Super Toast said:
I'm 99% sure it'll be about the arrival of the Reapers.
I'll be the other 1% and say it is too.

Seriously what else can it be other than the events immediately leading up to the Reapers.
It could be the Arrival of your Virmire Survivor.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
soren7550 said:
WANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANT
What he said. Tasty, tasty news. Just let me play it now.

Yes I'm doing my part as a good consumer, but when it comes to Mass Effect 2, I am happy to comply.

Dendio

Mar 24, 2010
Girlfriend:"Honey the New Arrival DLC is about to be released!"
Me:"Hold on, lemme finish working on these calibrations."