Mass Effect 2... so bloody close now.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
My copy is already in the store. Held prisoner in the back. They also got the Terminus armor code. I can't wait for it. I might just play the first one today lol

viperthejedi

Jan 19, 2010
Altorin said:
Xzi said:
Shivari said:
The_Oracle said:
Shivari said:
I'd like to have a question answered, as I simply can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

If you beat Mass Effect once, and then started over again with that same character, but never finished again, will Mass Effect 2 allow you to import the data from that completed game or will it be like "Fuck you, go beat it again"?
You'd probably have to use your last saved game before you fought the final boss. You wouldn't be able to import the progress from your 2nd playthrough 'till it's finished.
Well, since the 2nd playthrough is saved over the first completion, I'm guessing I'm pretty much fucked.

I wish they would've just made a regular sequel, this whole having the foresight to not delete your final save is kinda bullshit.
You can just start an entirely new character on Mass Effect 2. All you get for importing a save is different story elements and a few extra perks at the beginning. They'll be nice to have, but won't be game-breaking or anything, I'm sure.

I'm incredibly pleased that they DID give you the option to import your save from Mass Effect, though. I won't say it's incredibly innovative, because I know it has been done before, but it is a very unique and immersive feature to include. Especially in today's world of gaming where you almost never see anything like this. ME2 is going to be full of win. Now I just have to decide between the Inferno Armor, the CE Armor, and the Blood Dragon armor, lulz.
it hasn't been done quite like this before. Some older RPGs allow importing of characters, but not continuation of saves between sequels.

like Baldurs Gate 2 allowed importing Baldurs Gate characters.. but no matter what choices you made in Baldur's Gate, your two initial team mates were Minsc and Jaheira, and Imoen, and you find Kahleed later in the first dungeon. Those characters could have died or been abandoned in BG1 for all BG2 knew, but it stuck with a canon that the son or daughter of bhaal brought them with them.

ME2's save import system is the opposite of what used to be done. Your character is reset, in fact, you can change your appearance and class.. but the setting of the game (who died in ME1, how you solved various missions) is carried over.

I think that's new, and quite impressive, considering there are "hundreds of choices in ME1 which carry over".
It's definitely a great addition to the game. I'll definitely be fiddling with my Shepard's looks but I'll still stay a Vanguard. Great class that one.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
imahobbit4062 said:
MiracleOfSound said:
imahobbit4062 said:
For fuck sake.
Can we please stop having threads and Mass Effect 2 and it being GOTY already?
Haha you know you love it...

I have a feeling it will be my game of the year, we'll have to see how Bioshock 2 turns out first though.

And of course, there's also New Vegas...
Yay! You finally stopped saying it will be the defining game of our generation. I knew you could do it!
Here's hoping New Vegas is released this year.
...I swear this will be the finest game of our generation...

Only taking the mick, I haven't played the first one, and so don't know what to expect.

McHanhan

Sep 13, 2009
viperthejedi said:
Next week baby! could this game be Game of the Year 2010 already? I damn well hope so.
I read the preview on the User Review Section of this site.

So.Excited for the release. I am counting down the days

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
imahobbit4062 said:
For fuck sake.
Can we please stop having threads and Mass Effect 2 and it being GOTY already?
Really.

People sure as hell aren't hesitant to throw themselves off a cliff for the next big game, are they?

I have no doubt it will be big - but how about we play it first, then decide if it deserves to be GOTY?

ReaperzXIII

Jan 3, 2010
Mass Effect 2 is going to be good but be a disappointment, with all the hype coming out I bet it is only going to be a slightly improved Mass Effect 1

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
ReaperzXIII said:
Mass Effect 2 is going to be good but be a disappointment, with all the hype coming out I bet it is only going to be a slightly improved Mass Effect 1
Mass Effect 1 was, however, awesome. Improved awesome is still awesome.

viperthejedi

Jan 19, 2010
Loop Stricken said:
ReaperzXIII said:
Bingo!

ReaperzXIII

Jan 3, 2010
Loop Stricken said:
ReaperzXIII said:
But people will be expecting more than awesome they will be expecting a game that makes Shakespeare look like a retarded monkey with a pen. A game so innovative angels sing in a chorus the moment you put it into your PC or 360.

Faulty Turmoil

Nov 25, 2009
I hope angles don't sing when I put it in cause that would be annoying. But I am so looking forward to this coming out, I've pre-ordered it and will hopefully get it on the 29-30 since I'm in the UK.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
viperthejedi said:
Altorin said:
Xzi said:
Shivari said:
The_Oracle said:
Shivari said:
I'd like to have a question answered, as I simply can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

If you beat Mass Effect once, and then started over again with that same character, but never finished again, will Mass Effect 2 allow you to import the data from that completed game or will it be like "Fuck you, go beat it again"?
You'd probably have to use your last saved game before you fought the final boss. You wouldn't be able to import the progress from your 2nd playthrough 'till it's finished.
Well, since the 2nd playthrough is saved over the first completion, I'm guessing I'm pretty much fucked.

I wish they would've just made a regular sequel, this whole having the foresight to not delete your final save is kinda bullshit.
You can just start an entirely new character on Mass Effect 2. All you get for importing a save is different story elements and a few extra perks at the beginning. They'll be nice to have, but won't be game-breaking or anything, I'm sure.

I'm incredibly pleased that they DID give you the option to import your save from Mass Effect, though. I won't say it's incredibly innovative, because I know it has been done before, but it is a very unique and immersive feature to include. Especially in today's world of gaming where you almost never see anything like this. ME2 is going to be full of win. Now I just have to decide between the Inferno Armor, the CE Armor, and the Blood Dragon armor, lulz.
it hasn't been done quite like this before. Some older RPGs allow importing of characters, but not continuation of saves between sequels.

like Baldurs Gate 2 allowed importing Baldurs Gate characters.. but no matter what choices you made in Baldur's Gate, your two initial team mates were Minsc and Jaheira, and Imoen, and you find Kahleed later in the first dungeon. Those characters could have died or been abandoned in BG1 for all BG2 knew, but it stuck with a canon that the son or daughter of bhaal brought them with them.

ME2's save import system is the opposite of what used to be done. Your character is reset, in fact, you can change your appearance and class.. but the setting of the game (who died in ME1, how you solved various missions) is carried over.

I think that's new, and quite impressive, considering there are "hundreds of choices in ME1 which carry over".
It's definitely a great addition to the game. I'll definitely be fiddling with my Shepard's looks but I'll still stay a Vanguard. Great class that one.
I hated the Biotic/Tech system in ME1.

There, I admitted I hate something about ME1.

I just didn't like the radial menu system and only having 1 hotkey on the 360.

so I played a Soldier. Colossus X heavy armor, 2x Energized Plating, Master Electronics, Master Immunity, Master Shock Trooper = Impossible to Kill Machine... with 100% Immunity Uptime

In Pinnacle Station's Survival challenge maps, I actually had to try to die the WHOLE time, even on Insanity, and I'd still get first place.

The enemies just couldn't kill me fast enough for me to get less then first place, even with me making it easier on them by standing still, not healing, and not using immunity.

although, with 3 hotkeys in ME2, I may end up playing something different, probably a Vanguard if I were to choose... but then again, Soldiers have a couple of new abilities I definitely want to try out too, so I'm torn.

viperthejedi

Jan 19, 2010
ReaperzXIII said:
Loop Stricken said:
ReaperzXIII said:
But people will be expecting more than awesome they will be expecting a game that makes Shakespeare look like a retarded monkey with a pen. A game so innovative angels sing in a chorus the moment you put it into your PC or 360.
Oh I can't wait for that game either.

Blindrooster

Jul 13, 2009
Flishiz said:
It comes out a day after my birthday. I still haven't completed my Mass Effect 1 "fr srs" profile yet, so I'm in a rush to do that.
Comes out the day OF my birthday. :) I think i'm gona take a personal day tuesday to do nothing but mass effect 2

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
ReaperzXIII said:
Loop Stricken said:
ReaperzXIII said:
Have you ever read Shakespeare?! It is *hard going*.

Mar 26, 2008
Metalhandkerchief said:
My mind is boggled that someone who would play a Bethesda game is actually going to throw their money at *gurgle* (oops, threw up in my mouth) *spit* Ubisoft EA.
It's a crisis of conscience. I hate giving money to the evil empire that is EA but Mass Effect is too good to pass up.