Mass Effect 3 Actors Come Back For More

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
Diana Kingston-Gabai said:
I think that's a rather gross oversimplification of what's playing out here. There are substantial plot holes in the ending as it currently stands. If these are fixed in the EC, then that'll be the end of that. If, on the other hand, BioWare fail to address any of the existing problems, further backlash is to be expected.

The creation of the EC isn't a reaction to some vocal minority of the sort that's always displeased with everything forever, it's a tacit acknowledgment that the overwhelming majority of ME3 players - extremists, moderates and apologists alike - were incredibly dissatisfied with the poorly-written conclusion. There's no shortage of potential explanations as to how/why it all went wrong, but none of that is relevant anymore. The EC will either fix the flaws or it won't.
And where in my original post did I say that a great amount of moderates *weren't* displeased with the original ME3 ending? Heck, I agree with you - the reason why we're even getting the EC is because they *were*. What I did say, however, is that some of these same moderates will probably like the EC just fine while some won't. But either way - we won't know for certain what it was that they liked or disliked about it or indeed if more moderates actually liked the EC.

You know why? Because just looking at this thread's replies I can already see the forum addicts who will ***** bravely onwards even after the EC is released. They claim that they're done with it and that Bioware has crashed and burned and that they'll never trust them ever...but I'm willing to bet *all* of them will still download the EC anyway. The reason for this is simple - they need to have something new to ***** about while staying hip and trendy. And believe me they'll always find something to complain about, even if Bioware *does* surprise us all by caving in to them even further or perhaps by, indeed, using the Indoctrination Theory as its baseline.

For a reference as to what I'm pretty certain will happen after the EC is released...

...and if you're now thinking "Oh but that's the Sonic fanbase hahaha, they're wierd anyway." trust me - all fandom, no matter what it worships, is fundamentally the same.

That kind of zealotry really grinds on most moderates to the point they don't want to voice their opinions anymore. Heck, even I had to think long and hard before deciding to reply ITT. And that's probably the worst thing about all of this crap. That the further down the timeline of this whole thing one goes, the harder it gets to find decent constructive criticism as opposed to just mindless bitching and moaning that is so far out of touch with reality it might as well be in another dimension (including the kind that tries to masquerade itself as an intelligent blog post or somesuch, while always being a variation of "Stop liking what I don't like!").

But hey. It's the internet, right? And whatever presses your buttons is valid.

Diana Kingston-Gabai

Aug 3, 2010
Loonerinoes said:
just looking at this thread's replies I can already see the forum addicts who will ***** bravely onwards even after the EC is released. They claim that they're done with it and that Bioware has crashed and burned and that they'll never trust them ever...but I'm willing to bet *all* of them will still download the EC anyway. The reason for this is simple - they need to have something new to ***** about while staying hip and trendy.
Again, I think you're overstating your case here. A percentage of any fandom is prone to venting bile 24-7, that doesn't mean the entire discourse needs to be viewed with the same skepticism. I'm sure everyone who can still be arsed to play ME3 (and that's not a given when we're talking about the single-player campaign) will download the EC, but you seem to think the majority is doing so because they actively want it to fail. If that were the prevailing attitude all along, the collective fanbase wouldn't have gone as rabid as they did, nor would they have been able to sustain that anger for as long as they did. There's something more at work here than typical forum negativity.

That kind of zealotry really grinds on most moderates to the point they don't want to voice their opinions anymore.
It seems to me that moderates post when they're compelled to do so, when they feel strongly about certain topics that are more substantial than, say, the color of Sonic's eyes. If I were someone with no emotional attachment to the "Mass Effect" series, I could conceivably have reached the end and been disappointed, but largely apathetic in terms of continuing the discussion online. What makes this particular topic remarkable, at least in my opinion, is that the level of conversation went above that precisely because so many moderates contributed their opinions.

But hey. It's the internet, right? And whatever presses your buttons is valid.
No one's forcing you to participate in discussions you don't want to be part of. And one skill everyone needs when involved in online conversations is the ability to identify and filter out mindless raging. (Not the most difficult task, really - it's hardly a subtle phenomenon.) You don't have to agree with everyone who makes a cogent point, but you can't summarily dismiss them because you're generally tired of trolls either.

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
Proverbial Jon said:
That's just the point, the true beauty of the IT! It's a perfectly legitimate and sound way to effectively remove that entire Citadel sequence from existence. IT may not be an ending in itself but it does remove the part of the game that is so loathed.
And none of that sounds convenient to you?