Mass Effect 3 DLC Will "Hopefully" be Revealed Next Week

MikeWehner

The Dude
Aug 21, 2011
Mass Effect 3 DLC Will "Hopefully" be Revealed Next Week

Mass Effect 3 fans may get a little surprise late next week.

BioWare is currently working on Mass Effect 3 DLC that, according to company employee Chris Priestly, could be revealed as early as late next week. Priestly revealed the information in a conversation on Twitter, responding to a fan asking when we'd see more of what BioWare has in store for the third Mass Effect title.

"When it is ready to be talked about, it will be," Priestly - a "Community Guy" for BioWare Edmonton - notes. "Not my decision, but I think, hopefully, late next week."

It's worth remembering that Priestly also tweeted earlier teasers that new Mass Effect 3 single-player DLC was being worked on. On February 4, Priestly posted a photo of an Xbox 360 development kit, claiming that it was loaded with the upcoming expansion.

Source: Twitter [https://twitter.com/BioEvilChris/status/301019730817454080]

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I wonder what it could be. Ignoring all of the other Mass Effect complaints, the last two major DLC's have not been all that popular with critics, so they will need to come up with something a bit more ground breaking this time I think.

I can't see what they can really do that will please anybody who is of the opinion "It doesn't matter considering how it ends" though.

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
Legion said:
I wonder what it could be. Ignoring all of the other Mass Effect complaints, the last two major DLC's have not been all that popular with critics, so they will need to come up with something a bit more ground breaking this time I think.

I can't see what they can really do that will please anybody who is of the opinion "It doesn't matter considering how it ends" though.
Yeah I was gutted after I found out Omega wasn't a hub world, and Leviathan felt more like the Extended Cut: Part 2. Only there you had to pay £8 for it.

Mojo

Jun 2, 2011
Looking forward to it. I do hope its somewhat better then the last two. They weren't bad but not the quality so some of the ME2 DLC. Id rather have multiplayer DLC ,but I guess well have to wait and see.

rofltehcat

Jul 24, 2009
I still don't get what they are trying to accomplish with DLCs so long after releasing a game.
I mean, everyone has surely finished the story ages ago. So who would buy that stuff? And there have to be people buying all those DLCs or they'd simply stop making them.

message from the almighty captcha: toy soldier... maybe it is about children playing with shepard+crew action figures? I surely would like some Mass Effect action figures :D

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
rofltehcat said:
I still don't get what they are trying to accomplish with DLCs so long after releasing a game.
I mean, everyone has surely finished the story ages ago. So who would buy that stuff? And there have to be people buying all those DLCs or they'd simply stop making them.

message from the almighty captcha: toy soldier... maybe it is about children playing with shepard+crew action figures? I surely would like some Mass Effect action figures :D
I am one of those people, although my reason for buying it causes many to cringe: I must maintain my 100% trophies on that game--and 100% achievements on the 360 version. That is my core reason for buying these DLCs. It didn't use to be. Back in Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2's day, I bought them because I wanted more Mass Effect. I loved the story and I wanted to explore the universe more. Lair of the Shadow Broker blew me out of the water. Kasumi's Stolen Memory came out months after Mass Effect 2, and Arrival came out well after a years (or more) if I recall correctly. Sadly, I'm also this person now:

Legion said:
Everything in Mass Effect 3 just feels deflated now with those endings. I'm not going to harp on it because I know we've all heard it all before, but that's how I feel about this now.

I miss the days when a Mass Effect announcement got me excited and talking about what it could be with my friends. Now, it's just, "Okay, let's get this done." I'm still glad that I get more of the game and stuff, but the endings just have a huge cloud hanging over the entire game for me now...unless the wildly unrealistic hopes are true and this is a post-ending, bring Shepard back DLC.

Absolutionis

Sep 18, 2008
So the plans for the complete edition of Mass Effect 3 isn't still in the works? They're still releasing bits and pieces?

I somewhat hope that they'll release the full, complete edition before the game becomes tremendously dated.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
After how utterly awful Omega turned out to be (short, boring, somebody shoot the writers), you'd have to be dumb or desperate to buy whatever the new one is.

It's really quite shocking that the same people who put out Overlord are expecting people to spend real money on this crap.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
rofltehcat said:

It seems like the angry inhabitants of the Bioware Social Network still buy them so that they could complain about them in the forums.

Uhura

This ain't no hula!
Aug 30, 2012
Can't wait to hear more info about this! The Omega & Leviathan DLCs were pretty entertaining but I hope this one is going to be a bit (= a lot) more story-focused than the Omega. Going to buy it on release day.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Oh boy, here we go again. Who would have thought that repeated DLC releases would make me actively want to avoid playing the game in question?

Stop digging this hole, Bioware! No one wants this anymore!

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
fix-the-spade said:
After how utterly awful Omega turned out to be (short, boring, somebody shoot the writers), you'd have to be dumb or desperate to buy whatever the new one is.

It's really quite shocking that the same people who put out Overlord are expecting people to spend real money on this crap.
I wouldn't be so quick to underestimate the response. ME3, is quite popular.

Also, not to throw stones in the glass house here, but we are on the website that went on a massively whiny rampage against ME3 for a month, and then later voted it as "Game of the Year".

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Atmos Duality said:
Also, not to throw stones in the glass house here, but we are on the website that went on a massively whiny rampage against ME3 for a month, and then later voted it as "Game of the Year".
I'm quite happy to fling rocks around glazing, I didn't vote for it!

I still find it shocking the rubbish people will buy.

Capthca: broken record, boy does this thing have a sense of humour.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Just hope it involves the keeper tunnels and/or a branching alternate ending.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
im surprised it isnt out already, i mean bioware works so fast they could put out dlc by launch....(ok myabe im still bitter about the Prothean DLC), but judging by the stuff they made for ME3 so far i doubt people will jump all over it, yes some people will but i dont think that many

Tradjus

Apr 25, 2011
I won't avoid the DLC out of spite as many others have, but I likely won't buy it for the same reason that I haven't purchased the other two, they simply do not arouse any interest in me.
I mean, after the apocalyptic nature of the endings, what really is the point of running around as Shepard anymore? It's just kind of a dull proposition in my opinion.