Mass Effect 3 Ending Conspiracy. If you love Mass Effect and hated the ending, READ THIS PLEASE

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
I didn't like the ending, but an "it was all a dream" ending is on a different level of stupid ass pull. Especially if it is a scheme to sell a "proper" ending through DLC.

That being said, it would make the Normandy crashing scene at the end less dumb. Also the fact that the control and destroy options were somehow conveniently set up at the very beginning of the Citadel's construction. "Go over there and you can control the Reapers" and "Shoot that pipe and you can destroy the Reapers" makes so much sense, doesn't it?

Turtleboy1017

Likes Turtles
Nov 16, 2008
burningdragoon said:
I didn't like the ending, but an "it was all a dream" ending is on a different level of stupid ass pull. Especially if it is a scheme to sell a "proper" ending through DLC.

That being said, it would make the Normandy crashing scene at the end less dumb. Also the fact that the control and destroy options were somehow conveniently set up at the very beginning of the Citadel's construction. "Go over there and you can control the Reapers" and "Shoot that pipe and you can destroy the Reapers" makes so much sense, doesn't it?
Deus Ex Machina bro. Although I'm still confused about the Shepard lives ending. So far, most (if not all) of the evidence and theories being provided can be disputed or argued one way or another. Except for the ending that has the highest requirements, the Shepard lives ending. I don't want to grasp to false hope, but that scene is pretty much what's keeping me in the mindset that Bioware has something more planned.

Another interesting tidbit... Skip to Sarens speech about... SYNTHESIS. I keep raising my hopes :(

Script! This is what Saren says before he blows his brains out for the greater good in ME 1.
"The relationship is symbiotic. Organic and machine intertwined. A union of flesh and steel. The strengths of both, and the weaknesses of neither. I am a vision of the future, Shepard. The evolution of all organic life. This is our destiny. Join Sovereign and experience a true rebirth."

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I think the reason why people have tried to rationalise the ending is because its all so bloody vague. It raises more questions than it answers.

Where did you squad mates go? Are they dead? Why are some squad mates shown as being back on the Normandy?

Why are the reapers beaming dead bodies to the citadel? Just for fun? (I thought Shepard was waking up in Kingdoms of Amalur for a moment)

How does Anderson get to the console ahead of you when there's only one entrance to the room. Why does he start out in something resembling 'the collector base' while you are in something a little more akin to the citadel.

How does TIM get there?

After the star god child business why the hell is the Normandy flying away?

All the Mass Relays are destroyed so gathering a massive fleet just screwed everyone over completely? Quarians are literally stuck on the other side of the galaxy from their newly reacquired homeworld and the rest of your friends are stuck on a jungle planet (Might be that Asari one with the two moons?)...yay :<

You can see why fans are thinking up a dream sequence to explain it all.

It's particularly intriguing to me as I first went to run up to the synthesis beam then I got to the ramps and stopped then I thought 'You sneaky fuckers' and blew them to hell. Then I saw this thread...

I think this explanation will always be in my head canon because of my reaction in game.

TWHUNTER

Mar 13, 2012
For those of you who may not have come across this yet take two minutes to read this. It has been getting a ton of attention and would make an incredible ending that would display all of your hard choices and give Shepard back a voice. Best part is that BioWare might actually go for it since they wouldn't be required to rewrite EVERYTHING. Could it use a few adjustments, sure...but as a jumping off point....YES PLEASE!! It seriously can pull at the heart strings and make you FEEL something again, other than disappointment. Don't just take my word for it read it yourself....

http://arkis.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=0#/d4sllwt

someone even started a thread on here in support of it:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/9833130/1

I came across another thread that is "on fire" with a very similar concept just not in the script format that Arkis wrote, it includes a poll:
http://social.bioware.com/1183972/polls/29101/

Lastly, for those who haven't joined up yet and want to support this "movement" join up at:
http://www.facebook.com/DemandABetterEndingToMassEffect3

~Proud #retakemasseffect supporter

INF1NIT3 D00M

Aug 14, 2008
Joccaren said:
~SNIP!~
I would have preferred the Crucible be a Prothean Battleship design, and not some magical device capable of incredibly improbable BS.
There we go. Figured it out. The Crucible is really just an Infinite Improbability Drive. It teleports the Reapers to the opposite edge of the universe, after calculating just how improbable it would be for any of the endings to make sense.
And that, my friends, is how the Normandy and the crew all end up where they do at the end of the cutscenes. Caught in the Infinite Improbability Drive, got sent to the least probable place in the universe.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
After reading multiple posts regarding the endings,I think I am inclined to agree to the fact that the last part is in fact a nightmare/indoctrination coup to persuade Shepard to submit to the will of the reapers.

Here's why I think that:

-Isn't it curious that at the beginning of the game you see the child after opening the door for Anderson and he disappears immediately without you hearing any steps through the vents(as if the child would run away) and just simply vanishes before Anderson snaps you out of it?

-The supposed nightmare with a kid is just another ploy of the reaper's indoctrination methods to make Shepard emotionally scarred throughout this whole ordeal into having to save everyone who can for the sake of the ones that have been lost(the whispers of the people you have seen die during the later stages of the game further proves this is in fact another stage of indoctrination).

-I think the indoctrination process was going very slowly for Shepard because his strong resolve and will,but also exposure to multiple Reapers might have given him some resistance to it.

-The God Child tries to trick you into believing that destroying the Reapers is a bad thing,because it could wipe out all the Synthetics which is not true.You can notice Anderson in the cutscene shooting at it and TIM trying to control them(both being the embodiment of Paragon/Renegade).

-All this setting up to do one goal: destroy the reapers and save the galaxy from them.All of a sudden an unexplained God Child which you've seen in your nightmares appears before you and tries to convince you anything other than destroying them is a good/better solution,which was your main goal from the beginning.

These are a few things that make me believe that the last part is in fact either a nightmare or a hallucination of the indoctrination,the Reapers trying to break the resolve of Shepard's will and sidetracking him from his goal,destroying them.

I might be talking out of my ass on this one,but these are my 2 cents nonetheless.

Turtleboy1017

Likes Turtles
Nov 16, 2008
Zeel said:
Man. You guys are spinning this at an almost professional level. Screw EA's PR team. You guys are the tops.

I don't know why people keep thinking the child was an "illusion" or some equally as convoluted crap. doesn't change anything for me. any child zipping around in vents during a reaper invasion deserves death.
Thank the dedicated fans with more imagination than me. I was detected and sad, snooped around the bioware fan forum, and saw a 100+ page thread filled with fans of the series just theorycrafting around. Eventually they managed to piece together a really compelling and difficult to argue with solution that is clever but believable.

I don't even care what happens at this point. Obviously I would LOVE if Bioware somehow managed to finish this without any huge fuss, but the fact that so many people can come together and formulate all this after such a disappointing ending (to me at least) shows how much this series is really loved.

xorinite

Nov 19, 2010
Honestly, I think you guys are clutching at straws, unable to accept the notion that mass effect 3 had a terrible ending you resort to deluding yourself that its some kind of clever conspiracy plot.

Besides, lets imagine your proposal is correct. This would mean that EA/Bioware planned to not put an ending in the game to squeeze you for more money, effectively holding the ending for randsom. While EA seem capable of anything if it makes them more money, I doubt they did this.

Sadly I have to accept and live with the fact that they didn't put enough effort into making a consistant ending for the series. I could go on, however I will save that for any one of the "i hate the endings/overall plot of ME3 threads"

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
xorinite said:
Honestly, I think you guys are clutching at straws, unable to accept the notion that mass effect 3 had a terrible ending you resort to deluding yourself that its some kind of clever conspiracy plot.

Besides, lets imagine your proposal is correct. This would mean that EA/Bioware planned to not put an ending in the game to squeeze you for more money, effectively holding the ending for randsom. While EA seem capable of anything if it makes them more money, I doubt they did this.

Sadly I have to accept and live with the fact that they didn't put enough effort into making a consistant ending for the series. I could go on, however I will save that for any one of the "i hate the endings/overall plot of ME3 threads"
You would understand if you had seen the ending...it does feel like a joke really.

Compared to both the rest of the game and the first two games. If that's the real ending it's freaking crazy lol.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
Zeel said:
Man. You guys are spinning this at an almost professional level. Screw EA's PR team. You guys are the tops.

I don't know why people keep thinking the child was an "illusion" or some equally as convoluted crap. doesn't change anything for me. any child zipping around in vents during a reaper invasion deserves death.
OMG! YOU'VE RETURNED! <3 <3 <3 <3

xorinite said:

It's not that they didn't put the ending in, it's that they over did it with explaining through symbolism and whatnot. I replayed the last bit of the game. The bit were Shepard gasps at the end is without question rubble on earth. The other choices are the choices of TIM and Saren, with the third option being heavily biased with it being bad, the option to actually stop the reapers, and that's the one you survive in.

If you choose the first renegade dialogue option when conversing with TIM, you say something along the lines of "Go on then, stop wasting time controlling us and go control the reapers" of which he replies "No, I need to convince you first". This of course could be clichéd BS. But I don't think so, TIM could of just killed you from behind, especially considering how often he's tried to get Kai Leng to kill you, and down right refusing to help you again, this is out of character, even for a terrible plot device. He needs to convince you because you're being indoctrinated, and all he's there for is to corrupt you. And if he doesn't convince you, then you won't see you yourself are being indoctrinated, because you'll compare yourself to TIM, and be like "I'm not like what TIM became, I'm not indoctrinated".

And then, suddenly the beam is called a Conduit, and it's like the run to the conduit in ME1, strikingly so. Then you get told about synthesis, and there's Saren's speech, "The relationship is symbiotic. Organic and machine intertwined. A union of flesh and steel. The strengths of both, and the weaknesses of neither. I am a vision of the future, Shepard. The evolution of all organic life. This is our destiny. Join Sovereign and experience a true rebirth." It foreshadowed the Synthesis choice being Saren's choice and the control choice being TIM's choice, both indoctrinated.

So in my opinion, this isn't "Bioware/EA didn't put in the ending". This is, they didn't clarify what happened enough at the ending. So no-one realised unless we came together and discussed, and the apparently obvious solution that Bioware fucked up blinded us to other outcomes. The fact that the endings were leaked probably really added to this as well - pre-emptively thinking they were bad, so we ignored any context/symbolism.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
TWHUNTER said:
For those of you who may not have come across this yet take two minutes to read this. It has been getting a ton of attention and would make an incredible ending that would display all of your hard choices and give Shepard back a voice. Best part is that BioWare might actually go for it since they wouldn't be required to rewrite EVERYTHING. Could it use a few adjustments, sure...but as a jumping off point....YES PLEASE!! It seriously can pull at the heart strings and make you FEEL something again, other than disappointment. Don't just take my word for it read it yourself....

http://arkis.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=0#/d4sllwt

someone even started a thread on here in support of it:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/9833130/1

I came across another thread that is "on fire" with a very similar concept just not in the script format that Arkis wrote, it includes a poll:
http://social.bioware.com/1183972/polls/29101/

Lastly, for those who haven't joined up yet and want to support this "movement" join up at:
http://www.facebook.com/DemandABetterEndingToMassEffect3

~Proud #retakemasseffect supporter
DAT ENDING, that sounds amazing, and if the kid started talking like Harbinger halfway through it, it would be fan freaking awesome.

zarzelius

Mar 13, 2012
Turtleboy1017 said:
I made another thread about this, but it was an awful jumbled mess that made me want to puke. Here is a nice neat version of what could very well be one of the greatest stunts ever pulled in video game history.

I started a reddit thread where I browsed a forum on the bioware fan site discussing the possibility that MAYBE... the endings were all a very intricate and insidious way for Mass Effect to go down in video gaming history as one of the greatest games ever made. If you are like me, depressed and disappointed at the ending we were provided, but KNOW in your hearts that Bioware is better than this, you may gain... HOPE. TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY. Or something. I don't know.

1. Assuming this is a hallucination, and this is Shepard's final test to see if he's indoctrinated or not, the Reapers would need 3 choices that looked like he won, but only 1 in which his resolve stayed true and he blew the **** out of the reapers. If he takes that 1 choice, it proves they have failed in their attempt. If he takes the other two, they've learned how to twist his mind into thinking he's doing the right thing when he isn't.
A few more obvious points from that last bit

2. Unlimited ammo pistol
Armor is... burned off?
Squad mates just kind of ditch you
Strange, dreamlike sequence. Not exactly unheard of, but the fashion in which they did it
was something I haven't seen before.

3.If you notice while walking up the ramp to get to the control panel on the left side it says 1M1..on the right it says 1M1 but its backwards- the 1's are completely mirrored and backwards. Logic: in this dream: whats RIGHT is skewed, its wrong, its not REAL. I.e. The right thing in your mind to do is represented as "WRONG" in this ending (dream) --- You get a renegade option (RED) to shoot TIM to save anderson?? really? im sorry thats paragon.. but see.. its indoctrination-- its making you think its WRONG to shoot TIM to save anderson.

4.Also some twitter stuff...
@jessicamerizan Really, a hallucination/dream? Cause that was trite when Dallas did it, what 30 yrs ago now? #lamelameamelamelamelamelame Jessica Merizan &#8207; @JTFehrenbacher you are free to have your opinion and I'm free to have mine ">JessicaMerizan Close @JTFehrenbacher you are free to have your opinion and I'm free to have mine :)

Jessica Merizan, PR for Bioware, explaining how she believes hallucination/dream is NOT triet. Unrelated? Maybe. BUT MAYBE NOT.

5.There's one thing here I haven't seen mentioned, and maybe I'm just reading too much into things, but think about the definition of the word "crucible." Other than something to melt metal in, a crucible is also a test or trial that is usually incredibly difficult.
Does anyone see where I'm going with this?

6. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Marine_Corps_Recruit_Training#The_Crucible

This is an exercise done by the marine corp IRL.

"On the final day of the Crucible, recruits are awoken and begin their final march (including "The Reaper" a forced march up a steeply inclined hill to the top of Edson's Ridge on the west coast)."

7. I just listened to Saren's speech on Virmire again and i'm seeing many similarities to what Saren says in comparison nto the theories behind the three choices. He was convinced they could co-exist, albiet as slaves, and as an end result, Sovereign gain a powerful avatar to carry out the Reapers will, only to be thwarted and destroyed by Shepard in the end.

Perhaps the same is happening to Shepard, but with Harbinger instead, since it is the only Reaper that's had several conversations with Shepard and has shown an unusual amount of hatred for one human. Maybe Harbinger believes that by absorbing what makes Shepard who he/she is, it will increase its own power to the point where nothing could defy it or the Reapers. The Reapers are being faced with their own extinction because a united galaxy is fighting them and has proven it can destroy Reapers with their combined forces. Take Shepard out of the picture or indoctrinate Shepard to dissolve the alliances and the Reapers would win quite easily.

8. You mean when the old man and his presumably grandson are talking at the end?

From what I understand, theory says that that still happens, and when the grandfather says 'one more story of Shep', that 'one more story' is what happens to Shepard after waking up from the hallucination/getting hit with the Reaper beam.

9.There's one thing I'm hinging all my hopes on in regards to this:

Throughout the entire series, it has been repeatedly made clear that the Reapers are a sentient species of machines out to achieve their own agenda, that being to harvest other species to bolster their own numbers In other words, survival. It has never been hinted at that they were pawns for some space god.

It is logical to suggest Harbinger would try and achieve that goal, survival, by indoctrinating Shephard and misleading him, just like TIM.

10. 1) As soon as Shepherd "wakes up" after being blasted by the Reaper laser, he's limping. If, as you're playing, you try to look/aim down at Shep's feet, you can't. The view angle get's blocked so that you can't see below his/her knees. If you watch the pace of the legs moving, though, it becomes really obvious that Shepherd is moving considerably faster than he is actually walking, almost floating as it were. At first when I noticed this in the my second play-though I just figured it was designed that way because making Shepherds speed the same as his walk would make the last moments in the game take 3 times longer (and it already seemed to take forever). But if we're rolling with the hallucination/indoctrination theory, then the fact that he's practically floating on his feet just adds more fuel to the fire...

2) When the "Catalyst" child starts listing the three options, he goes out of his way to make destruction sound like a terrible idea. "If you do this you'll kill all the Geth you've helped, not to mention that your kids will just make more robots farther down the road and nothing will really be solved." The kid also very pointedly avoids claiming that Shepard will die outright if he chooses that option, merely dropping a hint that Shep "might" die. Shepard also expresses doubts in the child's judgment by saying "Maybe." This is in direct contrast with the other two options (control and synthesis), where the kid goes out of his way to make them sound much more appealing, says clearly that either option will kill Shepard, and Shepard expresses zero doubts about either of the propositions. Then there's the fact that, all of the sudden, a character (Anderson) that would typically be associated with the paragon color (blue) is represented by the renegade color (red/orange), and the Illusive Man, the embodiment of pure renegade, is given the paragon color. Everything about the scene is slanted to make the most obvious choice (destroy the Reapers) the least appealing, and turns the rest of the game (and the previous 2 games) on it's head. Not 30 seconds ago back by the console TIM was obviously the clear-cut indoctrinated villain (shooting Anderson) , but now the god-kid tries to snooker Shep into believing TIM was a tragic hero who would do the right thing. On the other hand, Anderson, who was making a heroic stand with Shep against the villainous Illusive Man, gets relegated to the role of murdering maniac who would choose the "bad" option and blow the Reapers to kingdom come. If that's not a clear attempt to indoctrinate Shepard, what is?

The line Harbinger repeated over and over in ME2 was that the Reapers would be "your salvation through destruction." Well, the synthesis and control options are literally salvation for the galaxy through Shep's destruction, buying into a compliance mindset. The only option that leaves Shep breathing is to destroy the Reapers, which has been the point since ME1. All the evidence points to the last sequence being a battle for Shepards mind that is only won when Shep chooses the path that the god-kid tries to convince him not to take.

What we then see (when we choose the RIGHT option) is Shepard waking up from the nightmare after having beaten the Reapers' last ditch attempt to stop him within his own mind. The fact that the god-kid just looks like a ghost version of the exact kid that has been haunting Shep's dreams since the beginning of the game makes it seem all the more plausible. I, for one, will assume that since Shep wakes up, victory is assured: he beams to the Citadel, blows away TIM with a REAL gun, punches the button on the console, and watches the Crucible-powered Citadel wipe the Reapers off the galactic map just like it was supposed to do.

I got the warning mods, I apologize for that horribad thread I created yesterday. I was REALLY REALLY tired.

Amazing.I finished the game and , choose to blow the reapers to hell.Watched the ending, felt good about it tho kinda sad that Shepard would never be able to see his friends and that id died.
But then i started to wander why did i go with the renegade choice, when i always go full paragon....but it seemed right to kill TIM and destroy the reapers, so i thought that shepard was confused because of the shock , and then i had to decide what was right for him, like his concience, because he wasnt aware of things anymore.

And then i noticed something.

The reaper red laser thing....remember when we had to fight it , right in the middle of the game? discovering the weak point right when he was about to shoot?
What THE GAME WAS TELLING US was to avoid the ray, is deadly, it will kill us so we need to dodge and lock on, repeat, defeat the reaper, move on...but is BIOWARE giving us ANOTHER HINT.
But when we get to the end , and it hits us RIGHT IN THE FACE, it only leave us with a broken leg and some blood?......

There are a lot of other hints, like what u state on your post , that made us realise that such an amazing story, which rich characters, loving friends, etc, couldnt have such simple ending.
If you remember , at some point i dont know if is Hackett or Anderson, they say that there is someone or something behind the reapers actions.Like a mastermind behind the courtains pulling the strings.
And suddenly is the kid we see and nobody else seem to notice from day 1?
Only by looking inside shepards mind(he never told this to anyone) would some1 be able to reproduce him , and try to talk shepard out of killing the reapers.But what if the kid never existed?
The ending is crap if u look at it from the point of view of what you are seeing is HAPPENING ,which is obviously wrong.Shepards armor, the bodies, etc....

But what really is eating me up is some other things that happened before the ending.The TIM videos saying they brought friends to make it more (i cant remember the exact words) real? what if he really isnt alive, but just the brain survived and is everything inside his mind?
they connected his brain to some real AI and 2 games were just something tim did to be able to build the crucible and control de reapers, using shepard mind as the CATALIST.
Maybe im taking it 2 far with this last point , but im planing on playing all 3 again like one big game starting tonight , with this hallucination plot in mind.

Remember , in the vid of TIM and the Cerberus doctor, they talk about a "Procedure" that TIM will indure and that is very dangerous....would that be transfering his mind into that virtual world they built for shepard in order to control the reapers?

Please i want more feedback from you and from other players like us who love ME and Bioware and who knows there is A LOT MORE TO IT.

razgriz9327

Aug 10, 2009
http://retakemasseffect.chipin.com/retake-mass-effect-childs-play

for those of you who are frusterated about the ending, feel free to channel that frustration in a postive direction! Donate to Child's Play in order to get Bioware to understand this is not simply entitled children, but caring adults who are willing to take the next step beyond discussion and into action. Thanks for your support!

Anderson Priester

Mar 13, 2012
I would throw out one thing. The assumptions about hallucinations, indoctrination,etc, all rely on the idea that you (the player) would have had some clearer hints dropped about this. However, nothing along those lines are ever mentioned through the series. So, if correct, Bioware went "The Never Ending Story" route. However, the conversations that take place never mention YOU (the player) as being "indoctrinated" nor are you included in the story. You control Shepard and his/her story, but it is SHEPARD'S story. You do not exist apart from Shepard as a "player" in the game. Think Metal Gear Solid and the torture scene, where other Konami games are seen on the save card, and the controller stops functioning until you plug into port two. Both things show they (the game creator) is seeing you as the player apart from the game. Nothing like that occurs at any point in Mass Effect. The Mass Effect Universe is complete and whole until the end. So I think the player indoctrination theory and how the choices are viewed (i.e, the reapers are attempting to indoctrinate you as the player, and you are viewing them skewed) is wrong.

I find it hard to believe that Bioware would wait until the last five minutes of the game to present the possibility of Shepard indoctrination while NEVER mentioning it at all through the game (outside of Ashley's fear of Cerberus control due to the Resurrection of Shepard, and if that is the player hint, its VERY obtuse and completely unclear).

So, we have to assume two things. If Bioware was involving you as the player and bringing the indoctrination idea to bear on You, they did a PISS POOR job of warning you that this was a possibility, up to and through making a choice. I find it hard to believe the writing would fall apart so completely at the end of the game. If Shepard was indoctrinated, and we as the player are supposed to see through this to get the "Good" ending, again Bioware did a PISS POOR job of preparing the player for this possible eventuality, nor, based on ANY of the endings, is this possibility made clear AFTER Shepard's choice.

SO that leaves one conclusion. The endings are accurate as they appear, because ultimately, difficult choices have consequences, and rarely are the choices very good. Hence, why none of the choices feel "satisfactory". If you are unhappy with the choices, its because you are supposed to be. That is the ultimate nature of dire and all or nothing choices.

zarzelius

Mar 13, 2012
Anderson Priester said:
I would throw out one thing. The assumptions about hallucinations, indoctrination,etc, all rely on the idea that you (the player) would have had some clearer hints dropped about this. However, nothing along those lines are ever mentioned through the series. So, if correct, Bioware went "The Never Ending Story" route. However, the conversations that take place never mention YOU (the player) as being "indoctrinated" nor are you included in the story. You control Shepard and his/her story, but it is SHEPARD'S story. You do not exist apart from Shepard as a "player" in the game. Think Metal Gear Solid and the torture scene, where other Konami games are seen on the save card, and the controller stops functioning until you plug into port two. Both things show they (the game creator) is seeing you as the player apart from the game. Nothing like that occurs at any point in Mass Effect. The Mass Effect Universe is complete and whole until the end. So I think the player indoctrination theory and how the choices are viewed (i.e, the reapers are attempting to indoctrinate you as the player, and you are viewing them skewed) is wrong.

I find it hard to believe that Bioware would wait until the last five minutes of the game to present the possibility of Shepard indoctrination while NEVER mentioning it at all through the game (outside of Ashley's fear of Cerberus control due to the Resurrection of Shepard, and if that is the player hint, its VERY obtuse and completely unclear).

So, we have to assume two things. If Bioware was involving you as the player and bringing the indoctrination idea to bear on You, they did a PISS POOR job of warning you that this was a possibility, up to and through making a choice. I find it hard to believe the writing would fall apart so completely at the end of the game. If Shepard was indoctrinated, and we as the player are supposed to see through this to get the "Good" ending, again Bioware did a PISS POOR job of preparing the player for this possible eventuality, nor, based on ANY of the endings, is this possibility made clear AFTER Shepard's choice.

SO that leaves one conclusion. The endings are accurate as they appear, because ultimately, difficult choices have consequences, and rarely are the choices very good. Hence, why none of the choices feel "satisfactory". If you are unhappy with the choices, its because you are supposed to be. That is the ultimate nature of dire and all or nothing choices.

I understand your point of view.But give me one minute to explain a bit what i was saying.I dont think we are "the player" as u say , it would be imposible.We do not exist as a"Player".
But you know, all the choices shepard made, you decided on them, not him....more like a "concience"?
If that would be the case, and there is plenty of proof for that, we decide and then he talks, paragon, renagade choices, we tell shepard what is "right" and what is "wrong", then what we see (numbers turned around, shepard without armor, etc) is our way as a concience(i think that is the role of the player in this game) to tell the brain, shepard, ourselves, that there is something wrong and help us make the right choice despite of all the contradictions.Why would you see red(renegade) the choice of killing the reapers and blue(paragon)to follow the steps of TIM? why would the triger be red when we are trying to save anderson from the ilusive man?
there are other triggers that are wrong along the game.Undina is pointing a gun at us , or ashley/keidan and to save them, we must use a renegade trigger? think carefully, everything has been weird since we started mass effect 2 and realised we were nothing more than some sort of high tech clone from our former self.
But TIM says that they wanted to keep "what makes shepard himself" and that whats US, the PLAYERS, his CONCIENCE , which in the end of the trilogy, saves the galaxy.
See my point?
Please im looking forward from you guys, as you wrote here your opinion, more will do and is getting a nice chat about a great series of games.
Peace out guys.

Wheatley

Feb 12, 2011
I think that if the ghost-god hadn't appeared as a child the ending would be at least a little more tolerable, say if it had been a Vigil-style projection.

This theory is interesting and I hope it turns out to be true, but my friend Alex keeps telling me "Wait a month and then you can pay $30 for a REAL ending." and he's probably right.

BioWare did sell out to EA after all.

My main point of rage her is that I didn't get to see Shepard happy with the love interest at the end of the game!

Also, did anyone notice that the Stargazer refers to him as "The Shepard" instead of just "Shepard"?

He's like a god to them.

Wheatley

Feb 12, 2011
It also just occured to me that there wasn't even a boss fight...TIM commited suicide in my game and I was expecting a retread of the ME1 ending but it never happened...