Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut ~ It's Official :O

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
As long as that plot hole godchild remains in the game I want nothing to do with EA or Bioware and any of their future games. Make that damn kid go away and then we'll talk. Otherwise I'm done!

Unsilenced

Oct 19, 2009
I don't think I ever really expected them to be, like, "OK that sucked here's a better one," so this is still pretty good news in my book. The ending was never going to suddenly become great with an edit. That just wasn't in the cards.

So we're stuck with Shepard just deciding that choice is overrated and bowing down to a glowly little brat, at least we can maybe get some decent explanation as to how the entire fleet isn't going to starve to death in space, or why all galactic civilization isn't completely fucked forever by the sudden termination of all interstellar trade.

Of course, it might just be total shit, in which case, what's even the point of complaining anymore?

Either way, at least they tried. I have to give them some credit for that.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Adam Jensen said:
As long as that plot hole godchild remains in the game I want nothing to do with EA or Bioware and any of their future games. Make that damn kid go away and then we'll talk. Otherwise I'm done!
He's trying to save you from synthetics, man.

Give him a chance.

Joseph Alexander

Jul 22, 2011
SajuukKhar said:
Asita said:
well first off I said BIG plot-holes, not plotholes in general. I suggest that next time you actually read someones post before yo respond to it.
Secondly organics natural hatred and distrust of anything that isn't them makes lasting peace impossible. Your assumption that lasting peace would be equally as probably as total genocide would work only if we ignored the entirety of organic evolution and how the organic mind works.

so long as two distinct individuals exist they will compete against each other making long-term peace impossible.

The only way that lasting peace would be possible is if
1. We become a hive mind like ants, or close to like The Geth were before the upgrade in ME3, were everyone and everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING, was all part of the same collective mind, but not necessarily of the some collective body.
2. We somehow pull a Neon Genesis Evangelion and merge everything into one super body.
thats not the point.

the point is a lasting peace between organics and synthetics, which the star child(harbinger) argues is impossible... meanwhile the geth and their quarian creators are fighting and dying side by side.

its a idiotic tissue paper thin argument that shepard's very existence invalidates.

Joseph Alexander

Jul 22, 2011
Unsilenced said:
I don't think I ever really expected them to be, like, "OK that sucked here's a better one," so this is still pretty good news in my book. The ending was never going to suddenly become great with an edit. That just wasn't in the cards.

So we're stuck with Shepard just deciding that choice is overrated and bowing down to a glowly little brat, at least we can maybe get some decent explanation as to how the entire fleet isn't going to starve to death in space, or why all galactic civilization isn't completely fucked forever by the sudden termination of all interstellar trade.

Of course, it might just be total shit, in which case, what's even the point of complaining anymore?

"what's even the point of complaining anymore?" so they fucking fix it!

killerguythefox

Mar 5, 2012
Adam Jensen said:
If you read it right the context is that they want to JUSTIFY the endings and what not and give you answers to what you do afterwards, It's hardly even what we asked for and it's not a TRUE ending, So much for striking a good balance this is only gonna generate over 9000 more times flak towards bioware then before. :(

Unsilenced

Oct 19, 2009
Joseph Alexander said:
Unsilenced said:

"what's even the point of complaining anymore?" so they fucking fix it!
Good luck with that.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Joseph Alexander said:
thats not the point.

the point is a lasting peace between organics and synthetics, which the star child(harbinger) argues is impossible... meanwhile the geth and their quarian creators are fighting and dying side by side.

its a idiotic tissue paper thin argument that shepard's very existence invalidates.
And again, nothing about the peace between The Geth and Quarrians gives any sort of evidence to support that it would last.

Being able to make peace with The Geth =/=
-The peace will last
-That peace with other synthetics can be made
-The peace with other synthetics will last
and so on and so on.

What you are doing is trying to that that because you can make cake that cake will be fresh for all time, and that all future cakes made will be equally as good and last as long

Your argument is flawed at the core.

Jake0fTrades

Jun 5, 2008
Since this whole thing started, I've been sympathetic to both sides of the argument. The ending really wasn't as good as it should have been, but at the same time it's unfair that we should command the writers to alter their original visions.

It's like the writers are Commander Shepard trying to tell their story and we, the audience, are like the Turian Councilor:

"Ah, yes. Creative integrity. We've dismissed that claim."

killerguythefox

Mar 5, 2012
A Mad Monk 2 said:
so basically, they are making the shitty ending various colors longer
Exactly and they are attempting to justify it instead of giving a just 100x better ending.....
BUT NOPE they just wanna stick with the ending everyone hates -.-

Unsilenced

Oct 19, 2009
Joseph Alexander said:
Buchholz101 said:
Since this whole thing started, I've been sympathetic to both sides of the argument. The ending really wasn't as good as it should have been, but at the same time it's unfair that we should command the writers to alter their original visions.

It's like the writers are Commander Shepard trying to tell their story and we, the audience are like the Turian Councilor:

go troll elsewhere.
"Oh look. Someone disagrees with me. Obviously they are trolling. No other reason anyone could defy my glorious logic."

Jake0fTrades

Jun 5, 2008
Unsilenced said:
Joseph Alexander said:
Buchholz101 said:

It's like the writers are Commander Shepard trying to tell their story and we, the audience are like the Turian Councilor:

go troll elsewhere.
"Oh look. Someone disagrees with me. Obviously they are trolling. No other reason anyone could defy my glorious logic."
Thank you.

Joseph Alexander

Jul 22, 2011
SajuukKhar said:
Joseph Alexander said:
thats not the point.

And again, nothing about the peace between The Geth and Quarrians gives any sort of evidence to support that it would last.

Being able to make peace with The Geth =/=
-The peace will last
-That peace with other synthetics can be made
-The peace with other synthetics will last
and so on and so on.

What you are doing is trying to that that because you can make cake that cake will be fresh for all time, and that all future cakes made will be equally as good and last as long

Your argument is flawed at the core.
and you're indoctrinated.
but really, the point the star child makes is that its imposable for synthetics and organics to co-exist.
which as I've said Shepard's existence proves that wrong.
thus the whole idiotic machine logic "we are going to wipe out organics with sentient machines to prevent organics from creating machines that with wipe out all organics".

Joseph Alexander

Jul 22, 2011
A Mad Monk 2 said:
killerguythefox said:
A Mad Monk 2 said:
so basically, they are making the shitty ending various colors longer
Exactly and they are attempting to justify it instead of giving a just 100x better ending.....
BUT NOPE they just wanna stick with the ending everyone hates -.-
why should EA and bioware care? they already got our money

people should not be okay with this and settle for less
demand a refund, no really.
get your money back!

killerguythefox

Mar 5, 2012
Buchholz101 said:

I get the point but remember what they said?
THEY promised we got a ending that gave us closure on everything and you could get a BEST ending possible if you did everything right,
In that claiming that its art and you can't change the artists art is just horribly stupid,
The ending ruins everything the series is in those god damn 15/10 minutes IT GOES AGAINST ITS OWN PHILOSOPHY! EVERYTHING and that is what pisses people off when they go against what the series is about they cannot claim they are right and we are wrong