Mass Effect 3 is now under $30 is it really that bad of a game?

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
PortalThinker113 said:
As I see has been stated on this thread already, it's just a one-day sale. Amazon probably had a couple of extra copies of ME3 lying around, and they decided to make ME3 their "Deal of the Day." No need to foretell doom about it.
THIS. Amazon is not new to this. I remember they sold Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit and Assassins Creed Brotherhood for half price A WEEK after the release.

Also, I am getting tired of people hyperbolic reasoning over Mass Effect. It is not the worst ending in gaming, it doesn't ruin a 100+ hours series and, if what I see in forums about plot holes are to be taken as examples, most people need to take some writing classes or look up on a dictionary the definition of "Plot Holes".

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
mcsestretch said:
I'm creating a new restaurant. I've hired the best chefs from New York, Paris, and Tokyo. My wait staff are all paid a handsome salary in addition to the tips they earn, resulting in only the creme de la creme of waiters and waitresses the world over. The atmosphere is sublime, the food is exquisite, the service is first rate. People flock to my restaurant, no matter the cost of the meal. This restaurant is the talk of the town.

Then Casey Hudson takes over as manager and decides to implement a policy that the table will have a giant toilet seat placed in the middle of it and waiters will be required to serve dessert while taking a titanic dump in the middle of the table. The food is still great. The service is still excellent.

Should I really be surprised that no one likes my restaurant anymore?

That's what it feels like playing ME3.
I need to start saving some of these descriptions, because they're getting creative.

PortalThinker113

Jul 13, 2010
hermes200 said:
PortalThinker113 said:
As I see has been stated on this thread already, it's just a one-day sale. Amazon probably had a couple of extra copies of ME3 lying around, and they decided to make ME3 their "Deal of the Day." No need to foretell doom about it.
THIS. Amazon is not new to this. I remember they sold Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit and Assassins Creed Brotherhood for half price A WEEK after the release.

Also, I am getting tired of people hyperbolic reasoning over Mass Effect. It is not the worst ending in gaming, it doesn't ruin a 100+ hours series and, if what I see in forums about plot holes are to be taken as examples, most people need to take some writing classes or look up on a dictionary the definition of "Plot Holes".
Yup, I remember those exact sales. Right now, things are set up for a perfect recipe for overreaction- take a harmless, meaningless story about something involving video games and add a dash of Mass Effect 3. Delicious chaos ensues.

I hated the ending and I'm starting to get sick of the hyperbole in question. The ending sucked, yes. (Although, I am clinging lovingly to Indoctrination Theory until Bioware gives me solid, irrefutable evidence to the contrary.) That fact did not retroactively ruin what I consider to be three of the best games ever made. I loved Mass Effect 3. I'm still getting tons of enjoyment out of Mass Effect 3. The ending didn't take those 100+ hours of enjoyment and fun away from me. I just wish that the internet as a whole wouldn't constantly dwell on the negative like it always seems to.

Sagacious Zhu

Oct 17, 2011
Yeah, $30 sound like a good price for ME3. The gameplay is nice and snappy with enough variation between classes to warrant multiple playthroughs but the story is so appallingly bad that you'll find yourself skipping through the cutscenes to get back to the gameplay

Tomeran

Nov 17, 2011
30 bucks is really nice. Mass Effect 3 is, despite the ending, a kickass game, so I'd say its easily worth it.

There is truth in the "its not quite as enjoyable unless you've played the two first games"-statement though. Bioware said they'd try to make ME3 attractive to people new to the series, and I think they failed quite hard on that goal.

As for ME3 sales: Unless im mistaken, ME3 has already sold more then ME1 and ME2 combined, so I dont think the game is doing bad financially. As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, it is not uncommon at all for games at sites like amazon to suffer pricedrops despite the fact that they're relativly new and selling quite well.

Jan 27, 2011
The_Blue_Rider said:
...Okay more like 1/5 story, 1/5 characters, 1/5 gameplay, and 2/5 Garrus Vakarian
I think that scale needs some more calibrations, man...

But yeah, the story and choices were what made up a good chunk of the game. The second being the characters, and the third being the combat.

Remove one leg of a three legged stool and the stool doesn't hold up so well anymore.

I'm personally waiting for a good friend of mine to play it. If even HE tells me it's crap, I'm not playing it.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I wonder if its because of the ending

becsue despite the ending

despite the toxic hate towards Bioware

despite the games other flaws

its still a really good game