Mass Effect 3 is now under $30 is it really that bad of a game?

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
I should stop buying on release day, $30 is an great deal for a game that's amazing till the last 10 minutes

MPerce

May 29, 2011
We're reading way too much into this, guys. Most games' prices drop nowadays really quickly online. Skyrim did the same thing.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Warachia said:
RJ 17 said:
What you dont know is that I too am a dick.
I AM NOW INITIATING DICK TO DICK COMBAT

..wait that doesnt sound right
You'd be amazed at how often that LITERALLY happens in the animal kingdom.
-1 interwebz for misquoting me

The_Blue_Rider said:
What you dont know is that I too am a dick.
I AM NOW INITIATING DICK TO DICK COMBAT

..wait that doesnt sound right
As you can see, Blue Rider said what you quoted, not I. :p

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
Mass Effect 3 is an amazing game, definitely on the same level as the previous two. All the focus on the ending has made people forget that.

Zorg Machine

Jul 28, 2008
If you have played the previous games, it is at least one of the best games this generation. It does have one of the worst endings ever but that does not make the game up until that point any less fantastic.

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
It's selling for $30 as part of a 24-hour Amazon Gold Box deal, this is not a permanent price drop.

I haven't played the game myself, so I can't really comment on the game's quality, but a few of my friends, who are diehard Mass Effect fans, did not care for the ending. That said, they still enjoyed the game quite a lot, and are getting a ton of mileage out of the multiplayer. Seriously, it's like all they play these days.

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
Cowpoo said:
AnarchistFish said:
Mass Effect 3 is an amazing game, definitely on the same level as the previous two. All the focus on the ending has made people forget that.
I guess I'm the only who thought it was shit. I played it only to view the ending to see what the fuss was all about.

That was dissapointing.
Did you play ME1 and ME2? There's no point in playing it if you haven't.

The Human Torch

Sep 12, 2010
I bought it for 30 bucks like 2 weeks ago from another online website, zavvi.nl [http://www.zavvi.nl], and yeah, it's worth that amount of money really.

The thing with Mass Effect 3, is that even though the ending is complete and utter shit, the rest of the game is really, really, REALLY good. Which is terribly sad and ridiculous.

Get it, you won't regret spending 30 bucks on hours of good entertainment. Just take the ending with a truckload of salt.

trooper6

Jul 26, 2008
Space Spoons said:
It's selling for $30 as part of a 24-hour Amazon Gold Box deal, this is not a permanent price drop.
This. It is a sale.
Speaking of sales. ME3 has sold over 3million copies, outselling ME1 and ME2. So there are a bunch of vocal detractors, but they are a very small percentage of those who bought the game.

I think the game is great, including the ending. I think it is the best of all three--though ME2 was also really brilliant.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
Darknacht said:
I just noticed that Amazon is selling Mass Effect 3 for $29.99, its only been out a month and a half, is it really so bad that no one is buying it?
I know most people did not like the ending but most people I have talked to said it was good for the rest of the game, doesn't this seem a little soon for this big of a price drop?
Actually yes. I'd say $30 is still too much

There is no Roll Playing in ME 3 (There are only Paragon and Renegade choices for Dialog. and All of Shepards lines that don't immediately follow a "Renegade" choice are far too nice)
The script (While the dialog is brilliantly written) is laden with plot-holes and stupidity. (Udina's a councilor, regardless of ME 1 choice. Cerberus is a bad guy, regardless of ME 2 choices. James calls you "Commander" even though you weren't in the military for all the time he's known you. and many many more that would count as spoilers)
The controles are frustrating (5 different extremely important commands commands on 1 button)
Most of the enemies have incredibly cheep attacks.
Everything besides shooting has been stripped from the game (They even made planet scanning worse)
In order to get the Sarcastic air-quotes"Best"Sarcastic air-quotes ending you need to grind through several hours of multyplayer right before you take on the final mission. (Which is exactly the place when the emotional tention should be the highest and there fore it's the last place you want to stop and change your gameplay gears to multyplayer.)
Then the ending was so bad that it retroactively ruined the entire series. (It rendered everything you did moot, it offered no closure, ect, ect

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Devoneaux said:
ZeroMachine said:
Devoneaux said:
Let me put it this way.

If you were having a wonderful, WONDERFUL blowjob from a prostitute and right before you finished, she bit down onto you and wouldn't let go for a full minute, would you still be willing to recommend her to your friends?
BECAUSE THAT SITUATION IS TOTALLY COMPARABLE TO A SUB PAR ENDING OF A VIDEO GAME, RIGHT GAIS?!?

Give me a break. It's no where near that bad, and the rest of the game is so damn awesome that telling someone NOT to try it is doing that person a disservice.
Oh it's completely comparable. In either situation, without a proper ending, you might as well not have bothered. The ending is the most crucial part to a story/blowjob, if it isn't satisfying, or at the very least, functional, then it leaves you feeling frustrated and quite pissed that you wasted time on something with a shitty payoff.
No, it's not comparable. I have a friend who had his dick bitten at the end of a blow job once. It scarred him for life! Literally and figuratively!

Funny (but true) story aside, it really isn't comparable.

The finish is the most important part of a blow job.

But with stories, majority of the time the most important part is what leads up to the ending, and the characters you meet along the way. A good ending makes a story better, but a bad ending doesn't make a great story bad. It makes it a great story with a bad ending.

People could still get 30+ hours of enjoyment out of the game. I think that's worth sitting through 15-20 minutes of blah.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
It's just a sale. But to chip in with the discussion, until the ending it was brilliant, but then the ending was depressingly awful, so yeah. It depends on what 'officially' ruins a game's quality.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Rawne1980 said:
I'll tell you what made me giggle....

EA refused to give GAME ME3 due to game being in debt and a bit of a risk, so GAME had no stock of ME3.

GAME in my town now has more stock of ME3 than it knows what to do with due to quite a few people trading it in.

And it's under £20.
Holy shit that's awsome .

OT: I might buy it now at that price honestly. Or maybe i should wait a little longer.