Mass Effect 3: The movement

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Mass Effect 3: The movement

You dirty bird, Bioware, how could you?

Read Full Article

Note: Apologies for the typo in the news blurb. The rest of the Escapist staff appear to have fucked off to PAX, so no one is around to fix it.

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
So what happens if you'd prefer more of a downer ending? They bring out the knives?

Also, is that Erin in panel 4? Her stripes vanished... SHE'S A WITCH!

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
Antitonic said:
Her stripes vanished... SHE'S A WITCH!
Didn't you see the Colour-Changing Panties featured a few strips ago? Obviously the hoodie is from the same company.

TechTim

Apr 15, 2011
Antitonic said:
So what happens if you'd prefer more of a downer ending? They bring out the knives?

A WITCH! A WITCH! BUUUUUURRRRN HER!!

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
TechTim said:
Antitonic said:

Burn her? Don't you people know ANYTHING. To prove one is a Witch you must FIRST, weigh her against a duck. Then you can burn her.

As for that "strategy" at least once they get an actual load in the face they'll be a physical representation of how they've been feeling since they've beat ME3.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
"Happy Endings for a Happy Ending!" xD

L

O

Motherfucking

L

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Antitonic said:
If you're getting nit-picky, don't forget that her panties went from being plain white to being green with stripes in the previous comic. :p

TechTim

Apr 15, 2011
Qitz said:
TechTim said:
Antitonic said:

Burn her? Don't you people know ANYTHING. To prove one is a Witch you must FIRST, weigh her against a duck. Then you can burn her.

As for that "strategy" at least once they get an actual load in the face they'll be a physical representation of how they've been feeling since they've beat ME3.
but where are we going to get the extra witches for the kindling?? and could we not build a bridge out of her instead?

Seventh Actuality

Apr 23, 2010
So, the masses of consumers should be held to a higher standard than actual gaming journalists? Demonization is only one of the many kinds of shit the press have been spouting since this started. It was up to Jim fucking Sterling to be the voice of reason on their side. Think about that for a moment.

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
That last panel is just... meep.... I had no idea you were capable of drawing such creepy art.

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
Mass Effect 3 is why I play on the PC. You wait a year, get it dirt cheap and don't care how they screwed up because you still have plenty of dough to by somehing else.
As for the ending I will refer people to the Smithsonian Art Exhibit [http://www.americanart.si.edu/exhibitions/archive/2012/games/] that to paraphrase "Videogames are an art form with three creators; The Designers defined as the creators behind the game, the mechanics defined by what you see or hear and interact with and player who makes the choices and takes control."
When Bioware made promises that they failed to deliver and forced the ending on the players they have a right to voice their disapproval and Bioware has the right to ignore it

Pyrian

Hat Man
Legacy
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Country
US
Whatever your feelings on the ending and some the pressure to change it, accusing people who don't share your opinion of either not understanding it or being corrupt is intellectually dishonest.
Suggesting that people making blatant strawman arguments are "not understanding" is the polite response, since the alternative (and probable reality) is that they're deliberately mischaracterizing the discussion - which, BTW, is intellectually dishonest.

If media figures who haven't even played the game are going to go around leveling ad hominem attacks on behalf of their sponsors, they're inviting criticism. Frankly, accusing games journalism of corruption is kind of like accusing lobbyists of the same - isn't it essentially their job description? Very few sites even pretend to avoid conflicts of interest.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Rigs83 said:
Mass Effect 3 is why I play on the PC. You wait a year, get it dirt cheap and don't care how they screwed up because you still have plenty of dough to by somehing else.
As for the ending I will refer people to the Smithsonian Art Exhibit [http://www.americanart.si.edu/exhibitions/archive/2012/games/] that to paraphrase "Videogames are an art form with three creators; The Designers defined as the creators behind the game, the mechanics defined by what you see or hear and interact with and player who makes the choices and takes control."
Ick. Not a philosophy I agree with. Picking dialogue options and shooting aliens =/= creative work. If developers and players are in the same creative group, then the players are Ringo.