Mass Effect 3 Tops List Of Most Promising E3 Games

BrailleOperatic

Jul 7, 2010
Is it sad to anyone else that First-Person Shooters are still culturally relevant?

By and large, it's a depressingly saturated, and homogenised market, and I honestly couldn't tell you the difference between CoD, Battlefield, et cetera. It's like the developers aren't even trying.

KorLeonis

Mar 15, 2010
The fact that they included Duke Nukem on the list kinda blows any cred they may have had. We all knew it was going to be bad going in, the only question was how bad.

And I'm not so much looking forward to ME3, as I am resigned to it. I will buy it, with low expectations, because I want to see the rest of the story.

OTOH, Skyrim, hells yes!

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Earnest Cavalli said:
To do so, EEDAR analyzed 78 million pageviews from the IGN network and 45 million "Media Views" from GameTrailers, accounting for the activities of over 20 million visitors. The thinking here, it seems, is that prospective gamers will take to the 'net to research games they find interesting, especially following the massive media blowout of E3 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/misc/8943-Games-of-E3]. EEDAR then compiled the data, and came up with a leaderboard of the upcoming games that people seem most interested in.
Too bad that their data is meaningless if they only went to two sites to gather data. This is just like those useless studies that say 80% of people do whatever when they have a sample size of 100 people. Totally useless when you consider how many people there really are in the world, and collecting page views of two sites is also totally useless when you consider how many gaming websites getting views there are.

Kufaz said:
Why does no one care about Bioshock Infinite?
They do. This list is just garbage, that's all.

cynicalsaint1 said:
If nothing else, this list signals an incredibly healthy gaming industry, in which gamers have a vast selection of what to play and how to play it.
If you like playing FPS anyways.
Yep. Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, Assassin's Creed Revelations, Uncharted 3, Batman: Arkham City, Skyward Sword, inFamous 2, Star Wars The Old Republic, Tomb Raider, Gears 3, Super Mario 3DS, and Street Fighter x Tekken are all first person shooters.

...Oh wait. RPG, RPG, action, third person shooter, action, action/adventure, third person shooter, MMORPG, action/adventure, third person shooter, platformer, and fighting. That list may be inaccurate as all hell, but it's not all first person shooters.

Leftnt Sharpe

Nick Furry
Apr 2, 2009
Battlefield 3 is higher than MW3? Kotick is going to be pissed, GREAT SUCCESS! It also reaffirms my hope in humanity that ME3 is right at the top.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
Well, no name on this list is surprising at all, in the top 5 anyway. Some of the ones I found interesting were Duke Nukem Forever and Street Fighter X Tekken.

jyork89

Jun 29, 2010
*prays to god of gaming* Please don't let ME3 be another DA2. Have mercy oh lord!

Rooster Cogburn

May 24, 2008
I'm thinking about buying Battlefield III just to piss of Activision. And because it looks awesome. And I have fond memories of 1942.

But I'm all set for Skyrim to redefine "Game of the Year". Fuck yea.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I would have expected MW3 to be on top. Let's face it, while most people here are focussed on Skyrim and ME3, MW3 is going to sell more than both of them put together.

Now, I'm going to sulk like a spoiled child because Bioshock Infinite didn't make the top 5.

Xaositect

Mar 6, 2008
If were talking about sales, its obviously going to be Battlefield and MW3.

If were talking about actual video game promise, Id go with Skyrim.

As for ME3, it spent most of its E3 press conference pretending to be equal to Uncharted and Gears of War. They even put in a turret section.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Hm...let's see...1, 2, 4, 7, 9, 14, 16, 18, and 19. Possibly 3, 8, and 13. That's $540, possibly $720. My poor wallet...ouch.