Mass Effect 3 Voice Cast Trailer Reveals New Faces

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Mass Effect 3 Voice Cast Trailer Reveals New Faces

The old gang is back with a few new friends in the Mass Effect 3 Voice Cast trailer.

Marty! Trish! Greenie! And Keith David, who will not be tagged with an affectionate-but-irreverent nickname because he frightens me. They're all back in Mass Effect 3, once more lending their distinguished voices to the characters we know and love: the Illusive Man, EDI, Joker and the redoubtable Admiral Anderson, who knows that sometimes diplomacy is best served with a knuckle sandwich. Jennifer Hale is also returning as the female voice of Commander Shepard - no surprise there - while Ali Hillis is back as a harder, darker Liara T'Soni.

Joining the cast for their first kick at the galaxy-saving can, meanwhile, are Freddie Prinze Jr., AKA Mr. Sarah Michelle Gellar, as no-nonsense soldier James "Jimmy V" Vega, and Jessica Chobot, best known for licking a PSP, who turns up as intrepid reporter and tight jumpsuit wearer Diana Allers.

Other returning voice actors include Mark Meer as Commander Shepard, Yvonne Strahovski as Miranda, Carrie-Anne Moss as Aria T'Loak and Lance Henriksen as Admiral Hackett, but since they weren't in the trailer they don't get a proper shout-out. Mass Effect 3 [http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-3-Xbox-360/dp/B004FYEZMQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328036293&sr=8-1] comes out on March 6 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
Looks awesome, and Martin Sheen as the Illusive Man is all kinds of win. Still... Origins puts me off. A lot.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Looks like I am not the only one who thinks Keith David is scary. At least the man creates his own style. He still wears bow-ties!

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
Freddie Prinze Jr. can pass (I actually think voice is kinda appropriate), but Chobot? I know it's completely subjective but her voice is damn annoying. I also wanted to hear Lance Henriksen comment on the game. He's the only man who can persuade me to get it :p

PS: Keith David's got a pimp-ass shirt

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Kieth David still has the best voice of all of them. It's like honey for your ears or something.

Martin Sheen's voice is good too though.

Apr 28, 2008
Is it just me, or does Chobot's character's face look a little... off? It's in uncanny valley territory for me. Had the same problem with Miranda's face.

Just looks... ugh.

Dec 14, 2009
Irridium said:
Is it just me, or does Chobot's character's face look a little... off? It's in uncanny valley territory for me. Had the same problem with Miranda's face.

Just looks... ugh.
I more interested to see how IGN reviews the game.

It's bound to be 100% impartial.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
Hmm. Well, I didn't see anything that I wasn't expecting, other than only just now realizing who plays certain characters. [small]Keith David is a champ.[/small]

I do have a thing though: before ME3 is released, either I'm going to have to be surprised to learn what a fistfight looks like or Bioware is going to have to clean up the fight between Shepard and Vega because that thing looks terrible.

Tigerlily Warrior

Jan 22, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
If I had realized March 6 would be coming this fast, I would have spent less time on Skryrim and more finishing my second play thorough of Mass Effect 2. I aim to have both the Widow and the Revenant before I take-on the Reapers. (Also need to save Gaby, Kenieth and Kelly in the suicide mission.
Irridium said:

Just looks... ugh.
Now that you point it out I kinda see it: Doll face
Doesn't really bother me that much, I don't spend that much time looking at their faces
*oink*
I feel the same way. Too much skyrim, not enough ME, ME2. But then again, I know for DA2 and ME2 they did a nice summary of decisions that were made in the previous game, and I'll only transfer my 3 "prime" femSheps into ME3, so no biggie. Plus, I'd love to play ME3 with my 3 femSheps before starting from scratch with ME. I'll be happy for months. Bioware, please, please don't screw this up!

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
To me, Chobot's uncanny valley is less important than the question of why she's there in the first place.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Irridium said:

Just looks... ugh.
Oh good, other people see it.

I think the problem (same with Miranda) stems from the fact that they're based on real people, but since the characters in the game are obviously not real, it comes off as some creepy valley humping mixture of real and computer generated. All the more contrasting when standing next to characters who weren't based off specific individuals.

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
yessssssssss wow can't wait. I hope I'll have the option to change to a Vanguard.

Gonna be really sad when the trilogy's finally over

Canadish

Jul 15, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
To me, Chobot's uncanny valley is less important than the question of why she's there in the first place.
You should talk the editor into accepting some EA "incentive". Maybe you could get a small role in the MMO, eh? :p

But aye, you raise the real issue. After all those VERY positive reviews for Dragon Age 2 and reports them demanding 8/10 scores.....this doesn't really help convince me that there isn't a conflict of interest.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Mcoffey said:
Andy Chalk said:
Also why is Jessica Chobot in this game? I still don't know how she got so famous in the first place. She's like the Kim Kardashian of the video game world.
Ok, that really, really made me laugh. Well played. :)

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
"I'm a girl who like games!"

"Now I talk about games!"

"Now I'm considered a rational choice for a voice actor in a game!"

Wait...WHAT?

She doesn't even know how to act in the five minute videos she's supposed to do. WHY THE FUCK IS SHE even in the same TRAILER as those other people??!!

shado_temple

Oct 20, 2010
I just hope Keith David gets to say more things, all the time. His voice (for me) is up there with Morgan Freeman, James Earl Jones, and Logan Cunningham (that guy from Bastion; yeah, you know who).

Mcoffey said:
Also why is Jessica Chobot in this game? I still don't know how she got so famous in the first place. She's like the Kim Kardashian of the video game world.
I delved into the BSN (scary, I know), and found that she's apparently a reporter that may or may not be staying on the Normandy, covering the events of the war.

Well, for those of you who aren't a fan of Chobot, keep in mind how Shepard occasionally handles reporters:
<youtube=4wZKjzviUaA>

EDIT: Didn't even notice that was in the article. I went to BSN for nothing.

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
Are we (supposedly) not getting the voice actor for Mordin back, but we get people like Freddie Prinze Jr. and Jessica Chobot? What kind of decision is that?

In happier news: Yay, Seth Green! Tricia Helfer! Keith David! Martin Sheen! All the great people from before! Awesome!