Mass Effect 4 Is Playable, BioWare Boss Teases On Twitter

McFazzer

Apr 22, 2012
I just want a C-Sec buddy cop game. "Citadel Noire" could be awesome! "In a Future Time, Fighting Future Crime!"

Directionless

Nov 4, 2013
It's kind of weird that they have a playable game, but for all we know this game could be an RTS or a visual novel. There's virtually no information about this game.

FFHAuthor

Aug 1, 2010
I can just see it at Bioware;

"So how's ME4 going?"

"We made a corridor with a chest high wall to take cover behind."

"That's it?"

"Yep, it's playable."

"Good, Mass Effect 4 is going Gold next week."

VoidOfOne

Aug 14, 2013
This gives me the vibe of such:

"Ha ha ha! We're playing Mass Effect 4! And you're not! Nyah nyah!"

...Saying you're playing the game means nothing to me. Show me the game, then we'll talk. Until then, I'm not excited. I'm more just irritated, especially since all their Twitter pics were really nothing I could get excited about.

Elias Islas Rodriguez said:
Ill wait until a year after this game releases in order to buy it cheaper (so i can buyt the DLCs and still pay 60USD in total), and knowing what am i getting into....
That's exactly what I did for ME3, and I had a very satisfying experience. Heck, I had a blast playing it.

Until I found out that you need to be connected to the internet in order for the game to check that the DLC I BOUGHT was valid, or else I couldn't play any of that content. Then all my excitement fell flat.

Haven't touched the game since, really. It made me very cautious in approaching anything from EA ever again.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Goooood! Gooooooood! Let the hate flow through you! Keep making fun of the ME3 ending and your journey to the Dark Side of Gaming shall be complete!

Look guys, I'm not saying it was the best ending in the world, but I've always disagreed with the notion that all three endings were the same. Would it have been nice if the ending you got depended on all the choices you made as that character all the way through the trilogy? Oh hell yes it would have been nice. But what we got were three endings with three very different implications for the lasting effect on the galaxy. Personally that's why I think it can't be a sequel (unless they allow you to load up your save files from ME3 and go with the ending you picked).

Either all technology has effectively been wiped out, the Geth - if they survived the conflict with the Quarians - are completely wiped out. All the Reapers are dead, and rebuilding/understanding the Mass Relays starts from scratch as the civilizations of the galaxy try to pick up the pieces of what's left.

Or the will of ParaShep is now in full control of the Reaper fleet and uses them to quickly rebuild the Mass Relays, reconnecting the galaxy and allowing things to return to a state better than normal as the unity that Shepard fostered in bringing the fleets of the galaxy together remains while the Reapers linger on as a sort of galactic peace-keeping force.

Or super space magic basically erases all differences between the species, uniting all life - organic and synthetic - in a glorious and boring utopia in which the civilizations that had been converted into Reapers now live peacefully among the races of the galaxy and everyone lived happily ever after.

To be fair to the meme, the ending as originally presented did indeed boil down to what color you wanted to paint the galaxy. But all it took was a little bit of imagination and you could still easily extrapolate the ramifications of each of the possible endings. Hell, I was able to "predict" the EC endings 6 days after the game came out, and that was long before the EC was even being thought of. http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.353986-I-Have-Obtained-ME-3-Ending-Enlightenment-A-MUST-READ-FOR-ANYONE-QUESTIONING-THE-ME-3-ENDINGS (very bottom of the spoiler box in my OP, I describe almost word-for-word the EC endings 6 days after the game was released). Just saying: it really wasn't that hard to see what they were going for. Did they fuck up the execution? Sure they did. Would some epilogue scenes have been nice in the original version? Certainly. But the notion of "All the endings are the same" is just silly.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Joke's on him. I STILL have no interest in buying his game!
VoidOfOne said:
This gives me the vibe of such:

"Ha ha ha! We're playing Mass Effect 4! And you're not! Nyah nyah!"

...Saying you're playing the game means nothing to me. Show me the game, then we'll talk. Until then, I'm not excited. I'm more just irritated, especially since all their Twitter pics were really nothing I could get excited about.
'tis why.

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011
The general manager of Bioware thinks the next Bioware game is really cool?

Holy shit! What universe am I living in?

Also, since we have no indication on what "playable" actually means he may as well just be talking about the ME4 start menu. It makes about as much difference.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Personally, I'm hoping for a Blasto shooter-RPG, something like Deus Ex: Human Revolution, but... BLASTO!

Lawyer105

Apr 15, 2009
I'd prefer a Salarian STG-focused game that plays similar to the Splinter Cell series, personally.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Yeah, Bioware after the turd that was 3's ending I'm not going anywhere near one of your hype-trains ever again.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to stare at the Pillars of Eternity trailer again.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
how many color explosions will we have this time? because of ME3s crappy ending im really skeptical now. i did enjoy ME3 as such until the worst ending in gaming history. i rather wait until more infos are known. and now EA has other problems with BF4. maybe this time they will tell bioware to take their time and figure out a proper ending.

Ticklefist

Jul 19, 2010
Right now he can play Mass Effect 4 and make all kinds of interesting decisions that won't matter at the end of Mass Effect 6.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
Personally, I'm hoping for a Blasto shooter-RPG, something like Deus Ex: Human Revolution, but... BLASTO!
Yes. All of my yes. I'd actually go back on my "No More Bioware Games" rule for that.

It's a good thing it'll never happen.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
I have never seen such continual butt-hurt over Mass Effect 3's ending. Get over it guys. It didn't shoot up a bar or kick your dog.

karma9308

Jan 26, 2013
The funny thing is that I was more interested in a ME4 before Citadel. After Citadel, I feel like the series wrapped up nicely, and my investment is kinda over. I'm just not really interested in more Mass Effect stuff. Unless they do something radically different or interesting, I'm kinda done with Mass Effect.

Hero in a half shell said:
Actually, there are three completely different twitter pictures, I don't know how you managed to miss them:

Twit 1 (the one you linked):

Twit 2:

Twit 3:

Don't know how you missed the other two, it's completely different. Not exactly your A,B,Cs.
But those aren't different...they aren't different at all!!

Ticklefist

Jul 19, 2010
The subject came up, it got discussed. I think we're well within context to bring up the complete mess Mass Effect 3's original ending was when discussing future installments.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
McFazzer said:
I just want a C-Sec buddy cop game. "Citadel Noire" could be awesome! "In a Future Time, Fighting Future Crime!"
The fools didn't like my Young Zaeed and Hackett: Space Cadets Adventures pitch, so damn them.

Neyon

May 3, 2009
mirage202 said:
Ambitious. Fresh.

"Ambitious." "Fresh."

BioWare. Fresh? EA. Ambitious?

Why do I struggle to have even the tiniest bit of faith in that claim? Beautiful, check. Recognizable? Ofcourse, when everything is the same tripe. Fun? Could very well be.

Ambitious and Fresh from these two companies though? Highly doubtful.

Huh, seems PS2 servers being constantly down has a direct impact on my levels of negativity. Or maybe it's just no longer falling for the hype of those who have already shown true colours.
If they describe anything as fresh, new or innovative you can pretty much guarantee right there that it isn't any of those things.