Mass Effect 4 Is Playable, BioWare Boss Teases On Twitter

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
But what does it play on? Is it gonna be a late gen release for the ps3 and Xbox360 making so your decisions from your save file in me3 might still matter? or is gonna be for the newer consoles?

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Aww. Now I am getting hyped. >_< Darn you twitter. I want this game, Me3 was bloody awesome. Most certainly my game of the year for the most part. So I am looking forward to the next one.

Maybe I can play different races, Origin style? That'd be neat.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Mcoffey said:
Mass Effect 3 killed my interest in the series in much the same way Dragon Age II killed my interest in that series. I have no desire to revisit either, so let me know when they announce a new IP, or their Star Wars game, I guess.
ME3 and DA2 killed my interest in Bioware games in general, so let me know, uh... never, I guess.

Akarezik

Apr 3, 2011
Eri said:
I have never seen such continual butt-hurt over Mass Effect 3's ending. Get over it guys. It didn't shoot up a bar or kick your dog.
The thing is, compared to the flaming turds that would be slung at the mere mention of ME3's ending a year ago, the response to anything Mass Effect related at the present has been very subdued, bordering on apathy. I think once everyone had a chance to collect their thoughts over the whole debacle they simply moved on from the series altogether, or at least are not letting Bioware fool them with their hype machine. I know I have my eye on this supposed sequel, if only out of a morbid curiosity to see how they handle it and the elephant in the room regarding the ending of ME3.

Stavros Dimou

Mar 15, 2011
If EA doesn't screw this with always online DRM,main story parts of the game sold as day1 DLC,and a thousand of micro-transaction objects,I might play it.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
No point setting it before the Mass Effect games, between the ingame codex and the accompanying novels, we already know whats going to happen and how it's going to end.

The wording "Fresh but recognizable" tells me it is going to look and play exactly the same as previous games.

ME2 & 3s biggest failures were their inability to maintain a coherent storyline. Now that EA knows Mass Effect games will sell, we have a greater chance of there being a story that doesn't resemble a string of words pieced together by randomly retrieved balls from a manatee tank. And that's a good thing. I am almost hopeful for ME4.

Rodolphe Kourkenko

Dec 10, 2012
Eri said:
I have never seen such continual butt-hurt over Mass Effect 3's ending. Get over it guys. It didn't shoot up a bar or kick your dog.
Just look at the apathy on the net about this news... Now remember how it was when they did the same for ME2 and 3. Lot of people have done what Bioware said, "deal with it" for some time now. IMO they just overhyped the game and failed to deliver. The game was rushed to be launch just before the fiscal quarter of EA. Period.

With this kind of announce they're just taking the temperature to see how people react, how many react and so on. Because their is nothing to see, nothing to say. I hope it's just that because IF the game is playable (beyond the basic gameplay) it's a REALLY bad new, it would mean they're rushing it and we just have to look at BF4 to see the result... And EA don't need another backlash.

Akarezik said:
I agree with you, i'm curious to see how the will manage the Me3's ending and lot of people are doing the same thing. A prequel and spin off will automatically lead to the RGB, it's why i bet on a sequel or a complete reboot. But my opinion don't matter since every game with a DRM is a "no buy" for me. I just think they should have let the IP and try something else, it's too short to announce a new ME after a such big fail. Reminder: even if ME3 is a financial success, which isn't prooved yet since EA never showed the number even in their quarter reports, the blow on their rep is tremendous.
Their three last games were average, overhyped and failed to deliver. So, yeah i'm curious...

Coreless

Aug 19, 2011
I just hope they can deliver, they don't have much good will with the public at this point so they better be on point. I still consider Mass Effect to be the best gaming series I have experienced even with the problems with the ending, so I still have high hopes they will make the next one good. Speaking of the ending I really enjoyed what they did with the extended endings myself, Shepard taking control of the reapers and fixing the relays is still my predicted and canon ending. I love the idea of irony in stories, that the villain i.e. The Illusive Man hated as he was had a method to his madness and that the protagonist would have to make the choice that the villain predicted all along.

I will definitely be on board if they bring back the composers from ME3, that soundtrack is so damn good.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
The way Bioware is crashing I fully expect ME4 to be a Triple A FPS using the Battlefield 4 Engine

Product Placement

Jul 16, 2009
Nope. Not interested in your product Bioware. That bridge is burned.

Captcha: "leap higher"
Don't encourage them, Captcha.

michael87cn

Jan 12, 2011
Maybe it will be about the god-child and his magic adventures through space riding on a rainbow unicorn while heavy metal plays in the background.

I'd play it.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Josh12345 said:
Sorry, but that ending to Mass Effect 3 was still terrible.
We know they've all but confirmed ME4 will not be a prequel because that means no humans, so anything but making one of those crappy endings canon will mean they've lost face.
And given at this point the only permanent members at Bioware are writers, that won't happen.

Sorry, I don't mean to turn this into an ME3 ending thread, but that coupled with their PR response to 'deal with it', I just...... don't care anymore about what Bioware does.
When have they said it isn't a prequel? I'm curious because this means that I certainly won't be playing it. And also what's wrong with no humans?

I certainly hope it'd be playable guys, I mean if not we would have a real issue on our hands. But I suppose its good for them they've got this all up and running finally. At least to a point.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
After getting to play Mass Effect 1 again for the first time in 7 years I have come to a conclusion.

The series has always been janky, disjointed, and cheesey in both mechanics and story/writing.

And I love it, still do even beating it again 7 years later, but it was not quite the lofty mountain from which it only continued to plummet through further games that I (and I assume a lot of other people) remember.

After seeing the end for 1 again (and some other points in the story that I can't remember at the moment), 3's doesn't seem like quite as much of a shock to me.

Aaaaaaaaaneh--way...
On topic, that's cool. I figured they would make another. No reason to kill it now.
I may even end up checking it out eventually, after I play 2 and 3.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013

Aaryn Flynn You lucky son of a *****!

Gimmegimmegimmegimme! Just announce the uber pre-order edition already and I will scrounge up the money somehow!

Oh wait, sorry - forgot this is the Escapist. Boooooo Bioware. Mass Effect? More like Shit Effect. Coloured endings. Etc, etc.

In all seriousness, the ME trilogy is probably my favourite gaming experience of all time and I cannot wait for the fourth installment, even though though I'm still (slightly) bummed out that the "original" Mass Effect with Shepard and co is finished and almost certainly won't be revisited again.

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
omega 616 said:
Man, I've always wanted them to say something like "I played it but fucking hell, buggy, texture pop in constantly, unstable FPS and god was it boring" ... just so I know they aren't just spouting PR bull shit/hype building.
Just like how EVERY SINGLE TIME devs get interviewed about their works in progress, there's a ton of insightful questions, but the one that always gets answered is the bumbling idiot's, "Is it fun," or "will we enjoy it?"

OldFogeyGamer

Jan 17, 2013
008Zulu said:
ME2 & 3s biggest failures were their inability to maintain a coherent storyline. Now that EA knows Mass Effect games will sell, we have a greater chance of there being a story that doesn't resemble a string of words pieced together by randomly retrieved balls from a manatee tank. And that's a good thing. I am almost hopeful for ME4.
Didn't work out so well for Command & Conquer, Battlefield, and all the other successful, long-running titles under EA's gentle wings, did it? More likely Mass Effect 4 won't be any different, it'll just be a rehash of the most popular game mechanics, amazing graphics, and a shallow story with romance elements that will make Twilight seem a classic in comparison.

Aggieknight

Dec 6, 2009
I've never in my 30+ years of gaming been so bitter with a company over a game as I am about ME3 (and still am). That ending still gets my hackles up, and to her credit - the hackles of my non-gaming-but-watches-me-play wife.

It does help my personal healing process to see others who still feel the same way as I do. =)

No EA/Bioware, I will not be drawn into your hype machine.