Mass Effect Andromeda System Requirements Revealed

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Mass Effect Andromeda System Requirements Revealed

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1384/1384933.jpg
Planning on playing Mass Effect Andromeda on PC? This is what you'll need.

Thanks to a posting on Origin [https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/mass-effect/mass-effect-andromeda/super-deluxe-edition#requirements], we now know exactly how beefy of a PC you'll need to have sex with exotic blue space aliens in Mass Effect: Andromeda.

Here's the minimum and recommended specs:

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5 3570 or AMD FX-6350
MEMORY: 8 GB RAM
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB, AMD Radeon 7850 2GB
HARD DRIVE: At least 55 GB of free space
DIRECTX: DirectX 11

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7-4790 or AMD FX-8350
MEMORY: 16 GB RAM
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB, AMD RX 480 4GB
HARD DRIVE: At least 55 GB of free space
DIRECTX: DirectX 11

[gallery=6981]

The minimum specs are quite reasonable, but the recommended ones are quite beefy, asking for one of Nvidia's fancy new 10 series graphics cards and a core i7. You'll need a pretty decent chunk of hard disk space: 55 GB, but that's pretty standard these days. It's nothing compared to Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare's 130 GB [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.943503-Call-of-Duty-Infinite-Warfare-Requires-130-GB-of-Disk-Space].

In other news, BioWare has confirmed that the game has "gone gold," and is hard at work on a Day 1 patch, though it wouldn't tell us how big it will be.

Source: Origin [https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/mass-effect/mass-effect-andromeda/super-deluxe-edition#requirements]

hentropy

Feb 25, 2012
You might have put the CAH picture up there by mistake but I hope it stays up.

Also the hard disk space gives me some hope it won't be quite as needlessly huge Inquisition was at times.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
I upgraded my graphics card specifically for this game and looks like i guessed well.. recommended specs? BRING IT ON

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
bjj hero said:
So Ill be getting it on the xbone then...
I would wait for the release and see which version works how well.

EA have a history of inflating system requirements, if it can be run by a 7850 2GB it can probably be run by it pretty well.

Alternatively if those requirements are honest the Xbone version in particular might suffer from texture pop in and frame rate issues like the original did on 360.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
008Zulu said:
The game's Recommended Requirements are if you intend on playing the game at 4k.
Thats redunculous.

I dont play or watch anything at 4k...

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
008Zulu said:
The game's Recommended Requirements are if you intend on playing the game at 4k.
Well that's good news for me. I've got the CPU and RAM, but I'm only running a R290 (still 4GB though) card not the 480 they're advising. So based on that I think 1080p performance will be fine.

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
008Zulu said:
You got a source on that? Because those specs are woefully inadequate for 4k at any kind of consistent framerate. I would make far more sense for the recommended specs to be targeted at 1080p/60fps.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
major_chaos said:
You got a source on that? Because those specs are woefully inadequate for 4k at any kind of consistent framerate. I would make far more sense for the recommended specs to be targeted at 1080p/60fps.
On one hand, you're probably right on that. On the other hand, this was made to run on consoles that became ancient within a few months.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
major_chaos said:
Bioware's Twitter feed. People were talking about the graphics cards, and they were told that having a 1080/480 was what you'll need for 4k monitors.

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
1060? I recently upgraded to a 1070, didn't expect I'd need it so soon. That said, if recommended specs are based on 4k instead of 1080 displays, I probably would've been fine. So yeah, looking forward to putting it through it's paces on Ultra!

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
008Zulu said:
major_chaos said:
Bioware's Twitter feed. People were talking about the graphics cards, and they were told that having a 1080/480 was what you'll need for 4k monitors.
The performance would still likely be pretty bad. I recall seeing the 1060 6gb (Which is a bit more powerful than the 3gb) only getting like 20 or so fps from the Witcher 3 4k- and that game has the same minimum GPU requirements.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
The performance would still likely be pretty bad. I recall seeing the 1060 6gb (Which is a bit more powerful than the 3gb) only getting like 20 or so fps from the Witcher 3 4k- and that game has the same minimum GPU requirements.
Not the same engine, not the same huge open world, not the same amount of stuff happening on the screen like so many NPC's and so much foliage that also casts millions of shadows. Then there's the tessellated water and terrain etc. Also, Frostbite is very well optimized, I'll give them that. 3Gb of video memory for 4k? That's pretty damn impressive. Just look at how Battlefield 1 runs on a minimum required rig. You can push most settings to high at 1080p and get 60fps.

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
008Zulu said:
Huh. Well if Bioware said it you have every right to repeat it. Personally I'll be waiting for Digital Foundry to get their hands on it before I believe the claims though. 4k on a 1060 3gb sounds insane.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
And to think that not so long ago 20-30GB and beyond was a size reserved only for the largest of MMOs

Not terribly relevant I know. Just and idle thought that struck me while I was looking at this.

mythgraven

No One Is Special
Mar 9, 2010
Is an Origin Account a requirement? Because, uhh...

EA hasn't paid me my fee to download that... program... onto my PC.

And them paying me is a PC minimum requirement.