Mass Effect: Andromeda Won't Have a Season Pass, Will Have Pre-Order Bonuses

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Mass Effect: Andromeda Won't Have a Season Pass, Will Have Pre-Order Bonuses

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1372/1372988.jpgEA has announced the pre-order bonuses for Mass Effect: Andromeda, as well as revealing it will not have a season pass.

If you've been wondering just how much the Season Pass for Mass Effect: Andromeda is going to cost you, brace yourself. EA has announced today that just like Titanfall 2 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168715-Titanfall-2-All-Post-Launch-Maps-Free], the upcoming game won't have a Season Pass at all.

The announcement comes from Bioware general manager Aaryn Flynn's Twitter account. When asked if Andromeda would have a season pass, Flynn said, "Nope [https://twitter.com/AarynFlynn/status/817762015490011137]." He later said that Bioware would talk more about the DLC that will be coming "later."

The game will have pre-order bonuses, of course. With the Standard Edition ($59.99), you'll get the Deep Space Explorer Armor, a Nomad skin, and a multiplayer bonus pack that includes five 50 percent XP boosts. Pre-ordering the Deluxe Edition ($69.99) adds a Pathfinder Casual Outfit, a Pathfinder Elite Weapon Set, Scavenger armor, a pet Pyjak, the game's digital soundtrack, and a multiplayer launch pack of weapons and equipment. Going to the Super Deluxe Edition ($99.99) adds a weekly Premium Pack for 20 weeks that is loaded with boosts to speed your progression.

You can see all the pre-order bonuses over on Origin [https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/mass-effect/mass-effect-andromeda/deluxe-edition#pre-order].

Mass Effect: Andromeda is due to release on PC, PS4, and Xbox One on March 21. As has been the case with recent EA releases, Andromeda will be available early to EA and Origin Access subscribers, but Bioware has not detailed what that early access will include.

[gallery=6768]

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
So I guess it's now considered normal for a AAA game to have a season pass nowadays. :|

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
This game has me pretty worried. Everything they've showed so far doesn't look too good to me, and it's due in three months.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Samtemdo8 said:
Aerosteam said:
So I guess it's now considered normal for a AAA game to have a season pass nowadays. :|
It has been for awhile now?

You say that as if it just occurred to you now.
Well yeah. I don't tend to buy AAA games, so how would I know the DLC situation with them?

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
Ugh... fuckers. Exploitation is still just exploitation, no matter how it's done.

Anyone know what the Pathfinder casual outfit looks like yet? ME3 became unplayable to me without Gibbing the N7 Hoodie into my file, so BioWare have history with locking great looking casual gear behind stupid offers/'bonuses'.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
Reasonable Atheist said:
hey, at least this time there is not a character locked behind a paywall?..... at least not yet.
As long as it's not Day 1 cut content and/or tied into the main plot I don't see anything wrong with that.

Javik was a huge dick move from EA's part, Kasumi was better in that department. I don't know if they still have Zaeed behind that project 10 dollars nonsense they came up with against used games (which was the number one enemy that time).

Darth Rosenberg said:
BioWare have history with locking great looking casual gear behind stupid offers/'bonuses'.
Heh, I remember spending a lot of time on the BioWare forums fishing for those Dr. Pepper helmet codes.

Out of the two helmets that doesn't cover your face in the whole game, one was a promotion DLC, hooray for no helmet toggle in ME2.

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
So they found out that the lockboxes in multiplayer are enough to fund all after-launch development. Hear me out here on why that's good. If you don't play multiplayer, you don't care about lockboxes. With ME3's lockboxes not being awful, it means with minimum pain everyone gets content without fragmentation

Taking bets on how EA screws this up.

Some options
It goes overwatch, in that they're going to introduce sprays and icons
the game is balanced on everyone having burn cards all the time forever, good luck without them
guns and classes that can only be unlocked through pay-only boxes!
All cosmetics are paywalled. top to bottom.
EA decides to look at Squeenix's "Innovation" for single player microtrans
The unlock system remains exactly as it was and I PLAY VANGUARD WHY IS MY ENTIRE WORLD SNIPER RIFLE DROPS AAAAAAAAAAARG

Gatlank

Aug 26, 2014
These pre order bonuses to entice buyers only makes me more worried about the state of the game.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Eugh screw preorders.

You know i'm still salty over how in dragon age inquisition, the ONLY final tier schematic for a sword was a preorder.
Basically if you wanted to craft the bestest shiniest sword in the game, tough luck for you if you didn't preorder, hope you don't mind maces instead. Out of spite, didn't get any of the DA:I dlc, that sure showed them!

Anyways here's hoping the pathfinder elite weapon isn't like that too.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
MCerberus said:
So they found out that the lockboxes in multiplayer are enough to fund all after-launch development. Hear me out here on why that's good. If you don't play multiplayer, you don't care about lockboxes. With ME3's lockboxes not being awful, it means with minimum pain everyone gets content without fragmentation

Some options
the game is balanced on everyone having burn cards all the time forever, good luck without them
The unlock system remains exactly as it was and I PLAY VANGUARD WHY IS MY ENTIRE WORLD SNIPER RIFLE DROPS AAAAAAAAAAARG
To tie up the single-player ending requirements to the multiplayer (again).

PS: I agree with you, fellow Vanguard.

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
CaitSeith said:
MCerberus said:

Some options
To tie up the single-player ending requirements to the multiplayer (again).

PS: I agree with you, fellow Vanguard.
You're like a chestburster, only vastly more efficient

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
So basically, a few new paint jobs for your armour, and multiplayer boosts. I see no incentive to get anything beyond the most basic version.