Mass Effect being blamed for Connecticut shooting.

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
jklinders said:
chiefohara said:
jklinders said:
chiefohara said:
jklinders said:
Yeah, and that dipshit asshole Micheal Moore is using this as yet another anti-gun launching pad. Tasteless assholes will always use things like this for their political ends.

Not trying to get into the gun argument here but I absolutely hate it when self centered assholes capitalize on these tragedies to beat their dead horses a little more.

I don't think its a dead horse anymore bud... not after this tragedy.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/12/14/politics/obama-assault-weapons/index.html

Don't want to get into a debate with you or anyone on this, but Congress and the Senate need to have a serious non-partisian talk about your gun laws.
I am not arguing about this, but I am Canadian, not American. Assumptions, assumptions people. Let Americans work out their own fucking laws it's none of my business.

It's not my laws. My nationality is in my profile. Even my captcha knows it as it asks me if I shop at Canadian Tire. Answer no
Fair enough on the assumptions part, you are the first non American i've ever seen criticize Michael Moore though, hence my assumption.
He's an asshole and a hypocrite. The left of the US should criticize him as well. He gets a lot of facts wrong and misses the point completely. You don't have to be an american to see that just have a working brain and the willingness to research.

Also that article you posted was off point. The shooter had semi automatic weapons, not assault rifles. The rifle could be used for hunting, the handguns available in nearly all US states legally. Completely off message.
off point?

You are the one digressing here bud.

Any form of limit on weapons is a big no no to a lot of pro gun lobby's. The fact that Obama is starting to talk about limiting any weapon at all to the public still ties into the general argument of gun ownership. You can be as anal as you want about the specifics of various weaponry, the point here is he is going to try and limit it, thats going to promote serious discussion.

As for Moore, i have a working brain and i am quite reasonable, doesn't mean i can't enjoy his rants and 'documentaries'

HellbirdIV

May 21, 2009
I'm pretty sure that if his shooting spree was inspired by Mass Effect he'd have shot some ethnic people, because Mass Effect loves making you kill things for being different.

jklinders

Sep 21, 2010
chiefohara said:
jklinders said:
chiefohara said:
jklinders said:
chiefohara said:
jklinders said:
Yeah, and that dipshit asshole Micheal Moore is using this as yet another anti-gun launching pad. Tasteless assholes will always use things like this for their political ends.

Not trying to get into the gun argument here but I absolutely hate it when self centered assholes capitalize on these tragedies to beat their dead horses a little more.

I don't think its a dead horse anymore bud... not after this tragedy.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/12/14/politics/obama-assault-weapons/index.html

Don't want to get into a debate with you or anyone on this, but Congress and the Senate need to have a serious non-partisian talk about your gun laws.
I am not arguing about this, but I am Canadian, not American. Assumptions, assumptions people. Let Americans work out their own fucking laws it's none of my business.

It's not my laws. My nationality is in my profile. Even my captcha knows it as it asks me if I shop at Canadian Tire. Answer no
Fair enough on the assumptions part, you are the first non American i've ever seen criticize Michael Moore though, hence my assumption.
He's an asshole and a hypocrite. The left of the US should criticize him as well. He gets a lot of facts wrong and misses the point completely. You don't have to be an american to see that just have a working brain and the willingness to research.

Also that article you posted was off point. The shooter had semi automatic weapons, not assault rifles. The rifle could be used for hunting, the handguns available in nearly all US states legally. Completely off message.
off point?

You are the one digressing here bud.

Any form of limit on weapons is a big no no to a lot of pro gun lobby's. The fact that Obama is starting to talk about limiting any weapon at all to the public still ties into the general argument of gun ownership. You can be as anal as you want about the specifics of various weaponry, the point here is he is going to try and limit it, thats going to promote serious discussion.

As for Moore, i have a working brain and i am quite reasonable, doesn't mean i can't enjoy his rants and 'documentaries'
Obama has never stopped talking about it. His administration is under investigation on involvement in a botched attempt at a gun running sting that put guns in the hands of drug gangs. Google Fast and the Furious" scandal for more info.

Fact is, there are many reasons why a gun ban is stupid in the US. It has been hashed over ad absudium in the boards here so just do a search on the topics to find out why. I am perfectly happy with the gun laws being what they are here. In parts of the US I probably would not feel safe if I was not packing. They are just too common down there to not at least consider it. the genie is out of the bottle and tehre is no putting him back in. Deal with it.

Enjoy Moore's work if you want. As long as you understand he is full of shit, you are smart. It's the people who take him seriously who are morons.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Most Americans I know are pretty sedate about their guns. I'd trust them to know what is and what isn't a good reason to go First Amendment on strangers. What I *would* like, though, would be a return to Clinton's laws. He'd made some SMGs illegal for purchase, if I recall correctly, and that generally makes sense.

I mean, being Canadian, I'd rather trust the cops with my safety. On the assumption that I *would* need to own a gun to feel safe, though, I'd stick with a simple pistol. Submachine guns, though? Fuck, what're you trying to do; dissuade the potential robber from doing harm to your family, or making Swiss cheese out of petty crooks for fun?

Yeah. I tend to think gun laws in the US are a little too lax. I've seen guys with legally owned tank busters, for chrissakes. Of course, they only bring those out to open-air gun ranges with a couple car wrecks to shoot at. Even so, isn't that a bit excessive as a pastime?

Keymik

Oct 18, 2008
A tear appeared in my eye. Not because of the shooting, which is very sad aswell, but because of the stupidity being displayed.. People should send their support to the families, not start rioting against anything related to the murderer.
He wore pants aswell but that doesn't mean pants are evil. I have to go punch a tree or something now.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
People always want something to blame. If its not games, then its because the killer liked a certain violent film or a book that they liked to read. When it comes to something like this, people seem to need something to blame so they can rationalize things as far as I can see, which doesn't really help matters.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Well, pretty much the same as Doom in some shooting in the 90's, and GTA, Postal 2 and Manhunt a bit later, haven't we get past these idiotic accusations?, gee, soccermoms can be the most annoying thing the human race can offer.

Even Age of Connan of all games for the Oslo shooting christ-sake.
(at least that asshole used a piece of the wonderful music of that game.)

DjinnFor

Nov 20, 2009
Joseph Harrison said:
These people are being stupid and just looking for something easy to blame because they don't want to believe that there are seriously crazy fucked up people out there who don't need a reason to kill 26 people, 18 of whom are children.
There's always a reason, bud.

The fact that he went out of his way to shoot his mother first leads me to believe his mother was the primary catalyst here.

WhyBotherToTry

Jun 22, 2011
I know it's a bit old, but after reading all those facebook comments and the bit about the westboro baptist church, only Mr. Fillion can describe how I feel.

How can Mass Effect even be remotely blamed for this? They just aren't bothered doing any form of proper research because they're terrified they'll be proven wrong. Seriously, these people just need to be ignored. Eventually these tragic sufferers of the stupid virus will go away.

hooglese

Feb 14, 2011
That's what I thought when I played Mass Effect. I don't know any one else that didn't think to themselves "This game has justified me murdering children" except for that one weird kid who said "Im playing this for the story and gameplay"

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
saintdane05 said:
You think that's bad?
http://www.inquisitr.com/440355/westboro-baptist-church-to-picket-sandy-hook-elementary-praise-god-for-shooting/

Apparently, Gay marriage killed two dozen kids.

I know, right?
This is seriously an all time low for these assholes. The sad thing is I'm not shocked, because I was expecting them to pull something like this.

It's bad enough the media is exploiting the hell out of the people who were affected by this(and releasing false information for ratings... Walter Cronkite would be ashamed), but now those affected have to deal with these cultist morons as well.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Video Games are an easy target. Even more so when the media blaming them is even more so deserving of the blame.

This video seems shockingly relevant.

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
Um...

Does posting on the ME facebook page really accomplish anything than cause a couple of Bioware employees into hysterics? It ain't really helping anybody and... Well, it's really, really, really dumb...

Mar 26, 2008
If he was that big into Mass Effect he should have known that playing the renegade gives you a negative outcome. Why didn't he choose to be a paragon? Better yet, why is Mass Effect even being mentioned at all? Sounds like the people scapegoating rather than looking at the deeper aspects of human nature.

El_Chubba_Chubba

Mar 13, 2009
Well the shooter liked Mass Effect...the shooter could have also liked:

The Bible
Swiss Cheese
His Grandma
The cold side of the pillow

Let's blame one of these as well

Istronen

Jun 26, 2011
Oh god, the stupidity of some people is just too much. It's like they have no brain at all. All they're able to do is grab the nearest thing to hate and yank on the choke chain until something breaks. It's times like these I think that there's no future for the human race. Even us aware ones are in the end bound to go down with the stupid ones because there are too many of them and we'll all drown in shit. My brain hurts, it's about to fall out through my ear... oww... better do something to distract my attention from this absolutely insane topic.
What to say more to this, haters are always gonna hate anything they can grab in the nearest vicinity and often it's video games. I wonder how many people have actually understood that were it not for shooters and other violent games, there'd be A LOT more violence in the real world when people wouldn't have any outlet to vent their anger on. Also the religious people are the worst. Their hypocrisy and/or cold inhuman behaviour is often against any sane ways of life. Take those Westboro baptists for example. They're not humans anymore, they're something far more sinister. Even predators in the nature are more fair. I know from personal experience how cold religious people can be as there is one in my family and sometimes I ponder if the person has human emotions at all other than love for a fictitious omnipotent figure. I also know exceptions as some of my friends are believers and they aren't cold like that. Some people just take things to the extreme maybe because they have the whole thing wrong.