Mass effect gets hi-res tex- wait...zomg Tali's face!

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
xvbones said:
Well, Quarian don't have NO immune system, it's just really really weak.
Without any immunity system they would have died out, because sex would have been impossible.
They lost ther immune system because it was not neccessary while being on this ships and they hope to find a world, their homeworld or another planet that isn't too hostile, so they can start addapting to a normal live again, and can start rebuilding their immunity systems.
But i don't love tali either. She seems nice and cute but i wasn't interrested in dating her in Mass Effect 2.

Generalissimo

Your Commander-in-Chief
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
UK
Rednog said:
VladG said:
Rednog said:
VladG said:
Jadak said:
I never got how the Quarians ended up with no immune system in the first place...

I mean, okay sure, they live in suits, that would do it. But why do they live in suits? Because they have no immune systems... Because they live in ships? How the how does that work, how would the mass exodus of a population in overcrowded ships result in a sterile environment? If anything it should be the opposite...
*epic snippage*
a fine explanation, but many people (not me) are gonna pass it because of it's length.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
TopazFusion said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Magic?

It's magic right?

I fucking knew it.

Sci-fi my arse.
Yep, magic is my explanation for everything I don't understand.

Either that or . . .
Dude, that is rubbish version. This is the one you want

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
maxmanrules said:
TD_Knight said:
xvbones said:
The one who has weathered a lifetime of harsh experiences and yet has come through it neither bitter nor jaded and can rip out a bulkhead with her mind plus also work a fucking assault rifle, that's the one I want.
I always felt kind of sorry for Samara, and though she may appear outwardly stoic I always felt an aura of melancholy around her.

In any case, Justicar code = no sex. So tough beans :<
Interestingly, she swears her service to you in ME2, so that she never has to choose between your commands and her code...
So soft mushy beans actually.
Talking to Samara reveals that the code has no rules against romance. If a Justicar wants to get jiggy with someone then the code allows it or at the very least has no rules against it.

Samara just isn't that interested given her age and that she keeps giving birth to sex vampires.

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
xvbones said:
Can I just say that I have never understood the massively overwhelming fanwank passionate love for Tali?

She is seriously just some girl with an accent whose face you never see. Is that it? Is it the mystery? Is it the knowledge that fucking her would kill her from all the various infections?

That she is so fragile she can die from breathing unfiltered air?

And don't give me 'yeah but she's also pretty tough', because no she isn't, she's a goddamned engineer, her skillset isn't even useful unless you're going against robots.

She should be kept on the ship where she's safe and not wading through lasers and bullets and thus making herself into a monumental liability what with her extraordinary fragility.

And while we're on it, why can't Femshep fuck Mordin Solus?

(because he's too fucking awesome, that's why)

/rant
110% with you on that, my only real desire I have for Tali is to space her out of an airlock.

I don't like her and I really hate having her on my ship, I find nothing appealing about her at all.

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
I love how an innocent thread about hi-res textures evolved into a heated discussion about Quarian immune systems and in-game relationships.

WaffleCopters

Dec 13, 2009
I like tali, and not sexually, she just seems like a likeable character to me.

also
votemarvel said:
and that she keeps giving birth to sex vampires.
Sex vampires? does that mean they "vant to suck your...

...Life force out"? (what did you think i meant? you dirty minded being you! :eek:)

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
wintercoat said:
I love how an innocent thread about hi-res textures evolved into a heated discussion about Quarian immune systems and in-game relationships.
That is the skill/beauty/horror of forums. The ability to turn any conversation into a conversation about something completely different.

C F

Jan 10, 2012
I prefer her with the adorable little helmet-mask. It's just the "face" I've grown to love. And, yeah. It's the little sister effect. Despite her claims to the contrary, it's like she's a helpless little flower (hint: the swirly-floral-esque pattern on her ME2 suit does not help matters). I just want to have her by my side all the time and care for her.

In a platonic sense, anyway. If she wants to screw my ugly abomination of a character-creator Shepard, then... I guess that's okay? If I were there in person, I'd say no for her own good. The only reason I said yes is because saying no in-game means turning down an Achievement.

For the record, I ended up turning my TV off for the duration of the scene. I'd like to keep her innocent in my eyes, thank you very much.

'Cause she's my best friend!
She's a warm-hearted fellow who'll love me to the end...
She's my be~e~est friend!

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
The funny thing is that there's no need for her face to be concealed anyway. They could just wear clear visors on their helmets.

I'm hoping there'll be a scene in ME3 where she is revealed to look like a cross between a Krogan and a Xenomorph. Then she dumps Shepard for Kal Reegor. Then I go and grab my popcorn.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Zhukov said:
The funny thing is that there's no need for her face to be concealed anyway. They could just wear clear visors on their helmets.

I'm hoping there'll be a scene in ME3 where she is revealed to look like a cross between a Krogan and a Xenomorph. Then she dumps Shepard for Kal Reegor. Then I go and grab my popcorn.
Well the suits have become a privacy thing as well as a oh-god-I-don't-wanna-die thing. Think about it; you live on a cramped run-down spaceship with thousands of other people. Personal space is a luxury. You're wearing a spacesuit yes, but that doesn't stop those people with their prying eyes wandering all over you. Urgh!

Opaque visors a go-go!

Also,freaky alien mouth?

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
xvbones said:
Can I just say that I have never understood the massively overwhelming fanwank passionate love for Tali?

She is seriously just some girl with an accent whose face you never see. Is that it? Is it the mystery? Is it the knowledge that fucking her would kill her from all the various infections?

That she is so fragile she can die from breathing unfiltered air?
Don't forget the weird-ass legs. ;)

Capt. Crankypants

Jan 6, 2010
Huh, I must be one of the few who, whilst travelling on a mission of critical importance to the survival of the galaxy, decided it would be best NOT to bone any of my crew members. I run a tight ship, and I do not want god-damn 'days of our lives' shit going on. Come on guys, really? You're so blue-balled that you can't keep it in your pants until AFTER the galaxy is safe? o_O

Anyway, I also got a little curious about what Quarians in general looked like under the blingy-suit, and as I was stomping around the battlefield on Tali's recruitment mission, I thought...

"LOOK! There's plenty of Quarians lying on the ground already fucking dead, can't I just pull one of their masks off and have a peek? I'm a bloody renegade anyway, might as well add a few points for not respecting the dead and sate my curiosity..."

Did no-one else think of this? Really? Bioware, you lose points for common-sense. I am disappoint.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Capt. Crankypants said:
Anyway, I also got a little curious about what Quarians in general looked like under the blingy-suit, and as I was stomping around the battlefield on Tali's recruitment mission, I thought...

"LOOK! There's plenty of Quarians lying on the ground already fucking dead, can't I just pull one of their masks off and have a peek? I'm a bloody renegade anyway, might as well add a few points for not respecting the dead and sate my curiosity..."

Did no-one else think of this? Really? Bioware, you lose points for common-sense. I am disappoint.
I know, right!
It's like, in Skyrim, I'm wandering through yet another Draugr burial site, and I'm thinking "Man, these lady Draugr are weirdly hot...
And there's nobody around...
... they won't say no...

..."

But no, I can't get my freak on with a cold lifeless corpse. What the hell, devs? What. The. Hell.

LordFisheh

Dec 31, 2008
On illium, one of the radio ads you hear offers genetic modification for volus and quarians to allow them to live without their suits, if I remember correctly. It doesn't have a 100% success rate but it made me think - surely successive generations of gene therapy could be afforded by an entire species when the tech is being advertised to random guys walking around the ports of illium, who can presumably afford it. Perhaps the quarians aren't in as deep shit as Tali thinks. I wonder if the writers intended that, like she's complaining about the quarantine for self pity and ignoring the things she could do to fix it. Like, clearly, a lifetime supply of -I-can-bang-Shepard-immuno-pills. Funny how that situation kind of reflects the whole quarian race, bound up in self pity and indecisiveness when they could fix their problems if only they got their shit together.

Gerishnakov

Jun 15, 2010
Tali was my gal on my original (personal canon) ME2 playthrough, with the standard Shep. I just freaking love her, she's great. I was so happy when I found out she could be 'romanced' in ME2. I think it's for all the reasons everyone else has already posted, she just seems like my kind of girl.

I think Tali and (ME1) Liara are very similar. Both quite nerdy, not socially adept, quite private - pretty much everything I am, so that's why I'm drawn to them. Liara was my canon Shep's girl in ME1, should make for an interesting sequence at some point in ME3!

Otaku World Order

Nov 24, 2011
AD-Stu said:
VladG said:
Also I think they had very weak immune systems in the first place due to the technologically advanced state of their homeworld.
According to the canon it's because pathogenic microbes were "comparatively rare" on their homeworld, Rannoch, and the few that did exist were somehow partially beneficial to the species.

Whether that makes any medical sense whatsoever is beyond my comprehension though :p
Yeah, I was under the impression that the Quarians had to start wearing suits after they were bumped off their homeworld by the Geth. In Mass Effect 2, Tali mentions that even if they did take their homeworld back, it would take years for them to readapt to it.

wintercoat said:
We're wacky that way.

chaosyoshimage said:
I thought everyone (Myself included) like Tali because she's a nerd. Tech fetish, duh...
The ultimate sci-fi nerd fantasy: Alien Computer Geek Girls.

Personally, I like Tali. She was a regular on my team in Mass Effect 2.