Mass Grave of Over 200 Children Found at Former Canadian Residential School

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Revnak before I commented:
"So yeah, blaming the Catholic Church you’re not a part of which has zero authority to make this right is funny to me. Absurd really. Trudeau is actively spending hundreds of millions in court against suits brought forward by native nations, but the Catholic mindset is the problem. Jesus Christ "

Revnak after I commented:
" It (people beating children to death for not being the right religion) is also literally what happened"
Both are true statements. It’s pointless to blame the Church when it’s incapable of fixing this and did not play the defining role. It’s also inhuman to defend the church’s actions surrounding this. To blame a single guard for the Holocaust is pointless, to absolve the guard is insane.

Edit: also, I wanted to make you say the abuse was inconsequential. Which I did.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Edit: also, I wanted to make you say the abuse was inconsequential. Which I did.
I didn't say that though. I said it was unimportant to your argument. There are infinite things in the world that are consequential but irrelevant to your argument.
Both are true statements. It’s pointless to blame the Church when it’s incapable of fixing this and did not play the defining role. It’s also inhuman to defend the church’s actions surrounding this. To blame a single guard for the Holocaust is pointless, to absolve the guard is insane.
Yes, exactly. And like, we both know that we've been in general agreement about the situation this whole time, except for you stretching things around just to mess with me personally. If someone came in here and said "Gosh, Poland is overwhelmingly Catholic. The Catholic Church should really be apologizing for Auschwitz," You would probably give them a similar response to what you did at the start of this thread, which is to say: "Jesus Christ". You can pretty safely assume there were Catholics involved in building Auschwitz somewhere along the line, and you can judge them for that, but it's a tad ridiculous to act like Catholic dogma told them to, which is really what I'm arguing with.

Were there Catholics involved in the residential school system that led to the death and suffering of children? Yes. Were they murdering children because their religion said to? Of course not.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
I didn't say that though. I said it was unimportant to your argument. There are infinite things in the world that are consequential but irrelevant to your argument.

Yes, exactly. And like, we both know that we've been in general agreement about the situation this whole time, except for you stretching things around just to mess with me personally. If someone came in here and said "Gosh, Poland is overwhelmingly Catholic. The Catholic Church should really be apologizing for Auschwitz," You would probably give them a similar response to what you did at the start of this thread, which is to say: "Jesus Christ". You can pretty safely assume there were Catholics involved in building Auschwitz somewhere along the line, and you can judge them for that, but it's a tad ridiculous to act like Catholic dogma told them to, which is really what I'm arguing with.

Were there Catholics involved in the residential school system that led to the death and suffering of children? Yes. Were they murdering children because their religion said to? Of course not.
Tstorm, I’m unsure what you’re doing at this point. I’m done. I was just defending myself, not really my argument. I got you to say what I wanted. Is it out of context? Yes, but I don’t particularly care.