Mass Grave of Over 200 Children Found at Former Canadian Residential School

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
I mean, the fact you got bored of me behaving like you within 2 posts should be a good illustration of how little value your comments to me are.

Nobody wants to leave while they're behind.
Mhm. Feel free to quote any of my posts where I even implied all priests are rapists and all churches should be shut down.

Reactions: BrawlMan

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Mhm. Feel free to quote any of my posts where I even implied all priests are rapists and all churches should be shut down.
That's the opposite of acting like you. I'm deliberately reacting to things you didn't say. Sort of like:
Slavery is cool and rape is no big deal. Good thread.
That is you giving a shallow, useless, and condemnatory reaction to things I didn't say. If you had said all priests are rapists and all churches should be shut down, implicitly accusing you of thinking that would not be acting like you. That would be reasonable.

Reactions: Cheetodust

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
"Rape and abuse happen everywhere that people exist. It's not very important, you may as well be saying that they breathed air."

Cool.
I've already edited that post for clarification, because it is poorly phrased when you take out the quote it was responding to. So you're misleading on purpose.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
I've already edited that post for clarification, because it is poorly phrased when you take out the quote it was responding to. So you're misleading on purpose.
Except I reacted to a thing you said didn't I? You may have mispoke, but without knowing that what I reacted to was what you said.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Except I reacted to a thing you said didn't I? You may have mispoke, but without knowing that what I reacted to was what you said.
The post you were reacting to had Revnak's quote embedded. It was only a problem in the absence of that, where you couldn't immediately see what that was in reference to. When you made that comment, you could see that. You have no excuse, and you especially have no excuse to deliberately paste the quote in such a way as to avoid that context.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
And here I was going to post something about Karl Marx's definition of exploitation and how it applies to slavery, and whether exploitation can exist in the absence of profit. No longer seems relevant. o_O

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Child. Murdering. Baby. Rapists.

What's fun is going back to the start of the thread and seeing everyone discussing how this is primarily the fault of the Canadian government until someone brings up how the church can't escape blame, before Tstorm bombs the thread and has to ask how anyone can blame the church for anything ever.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
What's fun is going back to the start of the thread and seeing everyone discussing how this is primarily the fault of the Canadian government until someone brings up how the church can't escape blame, before Tstorm bombs the thread and has to ask how anyone can blame the church for anything ever.
I mean, it is interesting. Again, I didn't bomb the thread. I responded to people blaming religious motivation for the deaths of children, and had they not made those comments, I wouldn't have said a thing. And I've said things like "I'm certain the reality is that those operating the schools might have been able to do better for the children, but the version with people beating children to death for not being the right religion is about the least generous interpretation" which is far away from acting like people are completely blameless.

Anyway, it is interesting how people here are so principled in their beliefs that the position of the thread as a whole can flip entirely just to disagree with me. It doesn't say anything about me, but it is interesting.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
I mean, it is interesting. Again, I didn't bomb the thread. I responded to people blaming religious motivation for the deaths of children, and had they not made those comments, I wouldn't have said a thing. And I've said things like "I'm certain the reality is that those operating the schools might have been able to do better for the children, but the version with people beating children to death for not being the right religion is about the least generous interpretation" which is far away from acting like people are completely blameless.

Anyway, it is interesting how people here are so principled in their beliefs that the position of the thread as a whole can flip entirely just to disagree with me. It doesn't say anything about me, but it is interesting.
We know, the catholic church can literally do no wrong, even if they murder babies and rape children. And you're so baffled as to how anyone can disagree with you with only their mountains and mountains of evidence in the face of sheer faith in authority figures.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
And your argument that it was slavery is still based on working without pay, which still means you think all communes are slavery.
Uhrm, unless you appreciate the difference between being forced to do something and doing something voluntarily.

Reactions: BrawlMan

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Uhrm, unless you appreciate the difference between being forced to do something and doing something voluntarily.
Again, catholic, so no, not really. They think that threatening someone with eternal torture and damnation for not accepting their invisible sky daddy, but then dangling a life preserver in front of their face, is a choice, and not the most elementary tactic of a mafia boss to get people to accept their "protection". Yhat's all it is really, an invisible protection racket. Kiss my invisible sky daddy's ass for every good thing that happens in your life, and give my organization 10% of your earnings, and I will Pinky Swear Promise that you won't be burned in a lake of fire for all of time....based on rules set up by the very invisible sky daddy you are kissing the ass of. But you don't really have any way to confirm anything I'm saying is true. Such mercy! Such compassion!

Reactions: Buyetyen

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
What flip?
them - Blame government, blame church.
you - No, not church, just government.
them -Yes church.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
What flip?
them - Blame government, blame church.
you - No, not church, just government.
them -Yes church.
I cannot believe that you can read the comment immediately above yours and say that with a straight face. Talking about schools and homes as a protection racket where people stay only because they're threatened with eternal suffering is 100% erasing the part where the government sends police to round people up and leave them there.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Talking about schools and homes as a protection racket where people stay only because they're threatened with eternal suffering is 100% erasing the part where the government sends police to round people up and leave them there.
Pretty sure that comment was referring to the foundation of your entire religion

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
I cannot believe that you can read the comment immediately above yours and say that with a straight face. Talking about schools and homes as a protection racket where people stay only because they're threatened with eternal suffering is 100% erasing the part where the government sends police to round people up and leave them there.
But you weren't talking about that comment. You said everyone 'flipped' as soon as you entered the thread

Reactions: Buyetyen

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
But you weren't talking about that comment. You said everyone 'flipped' as soon as you entered the thread
Revnak before I commented:
"So yeah, blaming the Catholic Church you’re not a part of which has zero authority to make this right is funny to me. Absurd really. Trudeau is actively spending hundreds of millions in court against suits brought forward by native nations, but the Catholic mindset is the problem. Jesus Christ "

Revnak after I commented:
" It (people beating children to death for not being the right religion) is also literally what happened"

And then I won the argument on every minor point brought up until nobody could land any criticism other than "but some of them abused children sometimes", which I concede is a thing that happened that you can fairly criticize the Church for, but not something you can fairly claim is religiously motivated when abuse like that is everywhere and the religion actively preaches against it.